Another VoltTurn Team

Well here we have a team i made when Mamoswine first cam up to OU i really liked mamoswine and wanted to make a team around mamoswine.This team is very bad in the lower Points (i mean on PO and your undo 1050)because the things that people run isnt standard most of the time which gives this team trouble because it was made for OU Pokemon and not all of them.to show that thiis team is good,just yesturday i was laddering and i went from a mere 890 to 1204 that is a 300 point difference and im happy that that did happen,it might not be that good in alot of peopless eyes but i have just started playing competitive over a year now and am not the best player or team builder but this is something that i have really enjoyed and want to see what other people think about it
Team at first glance:

At first glane this team looks like someone who just started pokemon and loved the anime and just threw all there favourite ones from the show and made it into a team.This is far from that,this team actually had some thinking put into it and has been working out for me pretty well.Having to Sp.atk dragons might be bad but will be explained in the "in-Deapth analysis.Mamo for a dragon killer scizor and rotom for voltturning and nape for coverage.Edits are in red

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Endeavour
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
Well by the looks of it,it looks like this was put in as a stealth rocker but this was far from that 2 days ago,before this was a life orb set.I used LO Mamoswine because if the amount of power it has and the amount of coverage it gets with the LO set was very good IMO and that is why i was using it,but i was thinking of putting a SR poke in this team but i didnt know how i could do that so i asked a friend,he said to try to use Mamoswine as the SR lead/Shriek(Dragon killer) of the team and he gave me this set and it has been working for me.Ice Shard is there because its a priority ice move whats better then having something that kills the best type in the game IMO.Icicle Spear over Icicle Crash because the amount of times it hits is far better then Icicle Crash and can do more damage over all.Stealth rock because team needs it and Earthquake for duel STAB.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band / Occa Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd or 234 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spdef / 8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower / Brick Break
Scizor is in this team because Scizor is the Most used Pokemon for VoltTurn and can work very well with the team if i made it right.I picked CB Scizor on this team besides CS because i wanted to have power that CB gives you,the power CB gives you was something i chouldnt let go so i desided to use it.At a point i did have Occa Berry Scizor on this team with brick Break because the one thing this team could not deal with was Lati@s and Celebi so having something that can take a HP fire,Live with 1/2 to 1/4 of its Hp and kill was something that i could use but i did lose the power of CB so i changed back.

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 248 SAtk / 148 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest
Rotom-W is on this team for the reason of Voltturn.It works well with scizor and brings out the coverage to Buly waters that this team so far can have Troubles with.I also went with Rotom-W because of its great typing both offensive and defensive.I went with the "Resto-Chesto"Rotom-W with Hp Grass because i wanted to bluff the Scarf that defensive Rotom-W doesnt give and Recovery which Scarf Rotom-w doesnt give,it gets People off guard and gets rid of Gastrodon that would normaly Wall Rotom-W and always gets 2HKO'd by Hp Grass.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
Infernape was first put on this team as a sweaper (Nasty Plot Sweaper)but was very soon changed to Mixape to patch up the things that Scizor and Rotom-W couldnt hit like Skarm/Bliss and Ferrocent.Overheat because STAB and hits Ferrothorn that the others cant so it hels in that way.Close Combat because its STAB,great type coverage with Overheat,U-turn becaur this is a Voltturn team and Stone edge for +1 Volcarona.I have been thinking of putting Thunderpunch over Stone edge because the ability to hit Jellicent on the switch then U-turn out would be cool just tell me if i should do it or not.

Hydreigon (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
With Hydreigon Being th 5th member and one of the two Sp.atk Dragons i think this one will be longer then the others.Hydreigon is on this team for multiple reasons 1.being a revenge killer,2.getting U-turn,3.great offensive stats in both Sp.atk and atk,4.decent defensive stats and last a great move pool.Hydreigon is the better option IMO when you want a Dragon on a voltturn team because of those 5 reasons,yes flygon has better speed but its not THAT much faster then Hydreigon,actually Timid max speed Hydreigon outspeeds Adamant max speed Scarf Flygon.Having base 105 Atk and 125 Spatk this guy would be that bad on this team because it hits both sides pretty hard.Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse because you miss the KO with Dragon Pulse one alot of things and having more power really helps but the Spatk drops are not very nice.Flamethrower over Fire Blast because Fire Blast misses more and you could lose a game because it missed and you only have Fire Blast on Hydreigon to kill Scizor/Ferrothorn so there is no difference.Focus blast for Balloon Heatran and U-turn for Voltturn.

(Latios) (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
Latios is the Last member of the team and the second SpAtk Dragon.I have Latios on this team for a sweaper because Latios like Hydreigon has a very good Movepool and can use it to the best of its ability.I have both of them because one it a Revenge Killer and ones a Sweaper which is why i have Expert belt on Latios to switch up moves to get the advantage and to bluff the Specs which it does very well.The moves on Latios are different and ill explain why,Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor because Draco meteor has the side effect of dropping your SpAtk after everytime you use it,this is not ideal for a sweaper because you want to hit hard all the time,Surf is there for heatran,Hp Fire For Ferrothorn/Scizor and i have thunderbolt over recover because i have a problem with bulky waters so having something that is X2 storng to them is very helpful.

Well thats the team but there are some Threats:
(Sprites will be up tomorrow)

Blissey and friends(Slowbro,jellicent,Gastodon...etc).
Well i do have infernape for Blissey add steel type but blissey with a good phsyical wall shits on me with Entry hazards i will always lose.If i battle someone whos good and knows how to kill infernape i lose

Breloom(Bulk up)
Breloom is a threat to any Voltturn team.With Careful Nature it can live Hp Fire spore then set up while im asleep.i can deal with it to a certain point but this thing does give me trouble.

Jolteon
Jolteon puts alot of my Pokes in Check because outspeeds and can kill most of them and theres no way for me to kill it.because of Volt Absorb i cant hit any water/flying types and it can take eeverything i throw at it (if i can)

Starmine
Starmie is fast and can sweap threw 1/2 of my team and thats a problem because i usually have 5 pokes after 5 turns because Mamoswine is like a Susiside Bomber.

Other Voltturn Teams
Well other Voltturn teams take a shit on this one because they usally have like 5 scarfers and a forretress/starmie/tentacruel and i cant really do anything to them because they outspeed me.

I hope you guys like the team and if you want to try it out heres the Importible verison:
(Latios) (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 112 HP / 248 SAtk / 148 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Take care
Rob :]

Sorry the Sprite will be up o=when i lern how to put them on :/
I'll help you out. Click here and on the site Google the name of the Pokemon you want a picture of. Once you Google it, click ("pokemon name" - sprites ) link and then you will be on a page full of pictures. Click on there picture you like, go to the top of the page then copy and paste the text in the "BBCode" box into your RMT. So like this...

Will rate later but there are your sprites.

I'll help you out. Click here and on the site Google the name of the Pokemon you want a picture of. Once you Google it, click ("pokemon name" - sprites ) link and then you will be on a page full of pictures. Click on there picture you like, go to the top of the page then copy and paste the text in the "BBCode" box into your RMT. So like this...

Will rate later but there are your sprites.
ill do it tomorrow but thanks

try endeavour over icicle spear on mamoswine. once it's been hit down to its focus sash, it can take a physical wall down to one hp, essentially taking it out of the match. this will make your scizor even harder to switch into for the opponent. other than that, the team looks pretty standard and effective, so gl.

This is just a suggestion I just want your opinion on it but, Mamo has access to Endeavor which is a really great move paired with Focus Sash and priority. People used to do that in 4th gen and it worked well. Good luck with your team! I'm testing it right now and will come back with the results!

EDIT Sorry I did not see the post above me it didn't load. I guess great minds think a like.

try endeavour over icicle spear on mamoswine. once it's been hit down to its focus sash, it can take a physical wall down to one hp, essentially taking it out of the match. this will make your scizor even harder to switch into for the opponent. other than that, the team looks pretty standard and effective, so gl.
i will try it out thanks for the suggestion

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Solid team you got there, but I think that using 2 Dragons that have similiar strengths is not doing you any favor. Both Latios and Hydriegon get walled by Blissey meaning that stall teams will have fun with your team. Also QD Volcarona seems like a huge threat for your team considering that if he packs HP Ground, Volcarona OHKOs Infernape and 6-0´s the rest of your team. My suggestion is to replace Latios for a Choice Band Dragonite to handle most of the threats in your team. Dragonite´s powerful Outrage will OHKO or 2HKO anything that is not Steel-typed, while being able to destroy Volcarona thanks to its inmediate power. With proper prediction, Dragonite can dismantle stall considering that Fire Punch is a clean 2HKO or Waterfall in Rain.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

With this change, having 3 Choiced pokemons is an problem. My only suggestion is to change Scizor´s set to a Bulky Swords Dance. With the extra Sp.Def investment, Scizor will never be 2HKO´d by Specs Latios Draco Meteor and he can easily bluff a Choice set. Once the foe´s team is weakened, Scizor can pull out a SD and sweep with Bullet Punch. The most notable advantage this set has, is the ability to heal the damage with Roost making him an excellent check to Latios and other Dragons. Good team and I hope this rate helps.
Scizor (F) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SDef
- U-turn
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Solid team you got there, but I think that using 2 Dragons that have similiar strengths is not doing you any favor. Both Latios and Hydriegon get walled by Blissey meaning that stall teams will have fun with your team. Also QD Volcarona seems like a huge threat for your team considering that if he packs HP Ground, Volcarona OHKOs Infernape and 6-0´s the rest of your team. My suggestion is to replace Latios for a Choice Band Dragonite to handle most of the threats in your team. Dragonite´s powerful Outrage will OHKO or 2HKO anything that is not Steel-typed, while being able to destroy Volcarona thanks to its inmediate power. With proper prediction, Dragonite can dismantle stall considering that Fire Punch is a clean 2HKO or Waterfall in Rain.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

With this change, having 3 Choiced pokemons is an problem. My only suggestion is to change Scizor´s set to a Bulky Swords Dance. With the extra Sp.Def investment, Scizor will never be 2HKO´d by Specs Latios Draco Meteor and he can easily bluff a Choice set. Once the foe´s team is weakened, Scizor can pull out a SD and sweep with Bullet Punch. The most notable advantage this set has, is the ability to heal the damage with Roost making him an excellent check to Latios and other Dragons. Good team and I hope this rate helps.
Scizor (F) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SDef
- U-turn
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
Thanks for the rate,
i have tried Dragonite with CB and it seems to wor very well with the team its just Skarm comes in and walls it then can whrilwind when i switch to latios so ill try it but thats the reason why i dont use it.Scizor set i can use just i cant kill Lati@s or Celebi so thats one the the things that i would have to deal with

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)