Anything Goes Community Create-a-Team (Voting Phase 6)

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
OP based off of the one by Uselesscrab
approved by Eevee General and The Immortal
banner by Sobi

co-hosted with Megazard

Hi! Today I am again bringing back a fun, yet old project in any community. Community Create-a-Teams (CCAT)! This CCAT will be based off of Anything Goes, a quite popular OM. Let's get into it!

We will be working as a community to make our very own team to use for the current meta. The process of building this team will not only provide newer users with a sample team to help them learn the meta, but a chance for more experienced users to show off their knowledge of AG and potentially learn something new.

To start off, we will be choosing a set to base our team around. The Pokemon doesn't matter; just make sure that said Pokemon is at least viable in the current meta. Just like the Pokemon doesn't matter, the role it portrays in AG doesn't matter, but just make sure the set you submit for said Pokemon works for it (i.e I don't want to see Choice Specs Klefki, but rather SwagPlay Klefki, for example). This will give us a solid base for our team. After an undetermined amount of days, most likely two, everyone will be able to vote for one set that they like that isn't their own. The winning set will be the foundation of this team.

After that, we will repeat the set nominating and voting five more times to fill up the team. Please make sure that any additional sets that you submit synergize well with the team to allow this team to work as well as possible. Any sets that might hinder the team's ability to perform well might not be put onto the voting slate.

Finally, we will be testing the team on the ladder or via challenges on PS! to help find any possible weaknesses or anything similar, then modify the team to help take care of those. We will then have a completed team that will work well on the ladder and in general in AG!

Keep in mind that I'm allowed to reject any sets submitted that are of unviable Pokemon, or just unviable or outclasses sets in general. Have fun!

Current team:

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 228 HP / 4 Def / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 152 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Poison Jab
- Will-O-Wisp

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll take a stab at it!

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

I think this guy is a really underrated threat. He hits like a truck, cleanly OHKOing standard Ekiller and Xerneas after rocks after a boost. Ground STAB is very potent at the moment, and flying types such as Yveltal and Ho-Oh are nailed by a super effective Stone Edge. Extreme Speed, of course, helps pick off faster threats such as Darkrai and dealing with opposing priority. His natural bulk as an Arceus means he only takes 33% max from standard Lum Ekiller Extreme Speed, as an example. All in all, a terrifying force.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Because I'm uncreative, here's a common Mega Ray set. I've tested it and it has the coverage to OHKO or 2HKO at +1. The Lum Berry allows for Mega Ray to beat Swagplay Klefki or Darkrai, while the EVs are used to max out its speed and attack. Dragon Ascent is a great STAB as its 120 BP hits like a truck on unresisted mons, while EQ deals damage on the Rock/Steel types that resist Dragon Ascent. ESpeed gives Mega Ray the ability to outspeed fast threats that could OHKO it, and DD is used to boost Ray's attack. It's not very creative, but it gets the job done and is a terrifying sweeper.

I'm really tempted to submit a set for the one mon ONLY allowed in Anything Goes (Mega-Quaza) but instead I submit the most annoying thing ever amazing blimp!

Drifblim @ Mental Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Minimize
- Stockpile
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

dragonite drake

i go by zanglooser on ps
Gengar @ gengarite
ability:levitate
EVs: 4hp/252Spa/252 Spe
timid nature
-hex
-venoshock
-protect/focus blast
-destiny bond

The idea of this set is that the opposing pokemon will be poisoned and gengar will sweep, this can be done by setting toxic spikes and/or using a stall mon to manually poison as plan b. a pokemon to deal with poison/steel types will also be needed. Both hex and venoshock become 130 bp stabs so gengar can sweep. fblast is to deal with steel types but protext is usally better as pre mega speed is only 350, out speed by arceus forms, and also helps it tire opponent from poison to guarantee kos. destiny bond is to remove a foe when gengar is weakened and it is better for it to suicide then to attempt to sweep any more.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Delta Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent
- Waterfall

Basically, this set bodies a lot of fatter shit in the tier, which is really nice. Waterfall is nice cause it bodies pdon, who is otherwise a pain for some teams to beat and banded dragon ascent is strong as shit. Also, banded espeed is really nice for cleaning teams. Mega ray is jesus, like srsly there is no reason to build around anything else kek.

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

I've built around this mon once before and I think it's a really neat Pokemon in the AG metagame. Offensive Mega Gengar is able to trap and KO a lot of fat Pokemon thanks to Taunt and is also an effective sweeper thanks to its high speed and special attack. Destiny Bond also lets Gengar deal with one threat to a team in most cases before going down, which is especially nice for setup sweepers like EKiller if the team's check has fainted. All in all, Mega Gengar does quite a lot against most teams and I think it would be a fun Pokemon to build around.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Dammit littlelucario I was just about to post that

I'll be equally boring and submit another well known set, though one that is fairly uncommon and debatably good.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Aromatherapy
- Ingrain
- Moonblast

I never understood why you EV to outspeed Scarf Gene while not putting in the extra 8 EVs to outspeed base 100s (notably Jirachi), so this set does that. For those that don't know, the set is designed to beat checks that would want to phase/status it, eg defensive Arc sets and blobs.
(this might not be the exact spread, my computer is down rn)

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

Rockceus set from smogdex. Kills birds (not named Mega Rayquaza) ez, and can setup given the chance.

Reactions: Mq
Fairy Arceus (Arceus) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 24 HP / 90 Def / 180 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

The closes thing there is to an Mray counter. It ohko's 100% of the time, outspeeds, lives a +1 adamant Dragon Ascent or an ascent+espeed, has reliable recovery, and is a great team supporter. It also beats Yveltal, Walls Klefki, and is a great glue that will allow us to build pretty much however we want.

セージ (Mewtwo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 228 HP / 4 Def / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

I'm trying Mewtwo on the ladder recently and trying whether I could make it viable, so I was thinking I need a Set Up and ESpeed Killer Arceus(ESpeed Guranteed 3hko without set up) counter. This set worked out pretty cool, it beat any Arceus form with set up,stall,and physical sets. Besides, it can also win the 1v1 of M-Ray. With the Unnerve+WoW combo,it literally screwed up any physical attackers. Use taunt to prevent any set up or status moves to work. Psystrike is for the additional damage to kill the opponent faster. Recover for stalling physical users to death (jk). Just watch out for it's nemesis(s) Arceus Ghost(Special), Darkrai, Y-God(LO) and Mega-Sab.

Last edited:
arceus-ghost.gif

Arceus (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 250 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Roar
Heres a tricky one! As most of you probably know by now, the current meta consists of a lot of ghost arceus, but not this set. No, this set serves as more of a fake out. It is able to stop most set-up sweepers in there tracks with roar, and it's increadible bulk allows it to tank a hit from xerneas! It also stops yveltal no questions asked, as the 2 usual sets consist of either a special attacker, or the physical tank (For stopping swords dance arceus). It takes a critical hit foul play and for special yveltal, it takes a 252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse! well, thats it. I tried this out on the ladder a bit and it seems to work just fine as a special wall. Here is the list of calcs: http://pastebin.com/

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
I hope I'm allowed to do this. These are all sets that have evident flaws I'd like to elaborate on.

Bcadren 's Drifblim.
Code:
Drifblim @ Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Minimize
- Stockpile
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
This isn't a legit set, Stockpile + Minimize is completely unviable to begin with and these EVs only make the set less logical. While Mental Herb seems like a nice idea on paper, wait I don't know where I was going with this nevermind.

intellectual potato 's Ghost Arceus
Code:
EVs: 248 HP / 250 SpD / 10 Spe 
Calm Nature 
- Stealth Rock 
- Will-O-Wisp 
- Recover 
- Roar
1) Specially Defensive Ghost Arceus isn't viable and has no use? PhysDef makes sense because ExtremeKiller prevalence and whatnot but if you wanted a SpD Arceus, try a different forme.
2) Those EVs aren't legitimate? I assume 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe was your intention.

dragonite drake 's Mega Gengar
Code:
Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Venoshock
- Protect / Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
Running Hex is fine. Running Venoshock is iffy but fine. Running both is a death wish. You're relying on the fact that your opponent is always going to be statused, which I know is not the case from my matches with you where you've used this set. Also, on a Three Attack Gar, Protect is almost a must; so I'd say Focus Blast over the former.

Just some food for thought.

I hope I'm allowed to do this. These are all sets that have evident flaws I'd like to elaborate on.

Bcadren 's Drifblim.
Code:
Drifblim @ Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Minimize
- Stockpile
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
This isn't a legit set, Stockpile + Minimize is completely unviable to begin with and these EVs only make the set less logical. While Mental Herb seems like a nice idea on paper, wait I don't know where I was going with this nevermind.

intellectual potato 's Ghost Arceus
Code:
EVs: 248 HP / 250 SpD / 10 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Roar
1) Specially Defensive Ghost Arceus isn't viable and has no use? PhysDef makes sense because ExtremeKiller prevalence and whatnot but if you wanted a SpD Arceus, try a different forme.
2) Those EVs aren't legitimate? I assume 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe was your intention.

dragonite drake 's Mega Gengar
Code:
Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Venoshock
- Protect / Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
Running Hex is fine. Running Venoshock is iffy but fine. Running both is a death wish. You're relying on the fact that your opponent is always going to be statused, which I know is not the case from my matches with you where you've used this set. Also, on a Three Attack Gar, Protect is almost a must; so I'd say Focus Blast over the former.

Just some food for thought.
252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 161-192 (36.3 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Shadow Force vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 380-450 (85.7 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 354-417 (79.9 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 265-313 (59.8 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
*yawn*

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 161-192 (36.3 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Shadow Force vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 380-450 (85.7 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 354-417 (79.9 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 265-313 (59.8 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
*yawn*
last time i checked, mega rayquaza learned dragon dance and sd while arceus learned swords dance....

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Even on a bp team, Drifblim is bad
no, its actually arguably the best evasion passer, that set is just bad. here is the good set.

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Minimize
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

to quote myself (in the context of baton pass teams): With a typing granting it an immunity to Extreme Speed and Ground-type moves, the ability to boost its evasion by two stages with Minimize, and access to Magic Coat to prevent entry hazards, phazing, and status with good predictions, Drifblim is the best evasion passer in Anything Goes and is a near-necessity on teams. Its great ability Unburden allows it to use Substitute a couple times to utilize a Sitrus Berry and get a Speed boost, making Drifblim outspeed every relevant threat including common Choice Scarf users such as Kyogre and Xerneas.

*yawn*
First off, your first pastebin just links to the site lol, so I'm not sure what its doing specially defensively. In terms of physdef, however, those calcs are why it is bad. That's just not bulky enough-
+2 252 Atk Arceus Shadow Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 248-292 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 229-270 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 354-417 (79.9 - 94.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
I'm not going to touch offensive ghostceus, as being KO'd is bad, and you have no speed. This means you are basically fodder for supportceus, which is just terrible. Furthermore, many common special attackers such as Darkrai, POgre, MGar, Mewtwo... basically, I'm not sure why you would use it over something good.
no, its actually arguably the best evasion passer, that set is just bad. here is the good set.

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Minimize
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

to quote myself (in the context of baton pass teams): With a typing granting it an immunity to Extreme Speed and Ground-type moves, the ability to boost its evasion by two stages with Minimize, and access to Magic Coat to prevent entry hazards, phazing, and status with good predictions, Drifblim is the best evasion passer in Anything Goes and is a near-necessity on teams. Its great ability Unburden allows it to use Substitute a couple times to utilize a Sitrus Berry and get a Speed boost, making Drifblim outspeed every relevant threat including common Choice Scarf users such as Kyogre and Xerneas.
Blah, yes, I wrote that improperly. Ty, has been fixed.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Bruh...what? (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 48 SpD / 12 Spe Uber's evs
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava plume

Firstly, i wanted to nominated a rocker and secondly it's a primal ;o.With a typing so weak to Water, the ability does some judgment by giving it water immunity.Stealth rocks is what most of our P-dons like to use.Then comes' thunderwave to cripple other pokemons (most other rock setter's).After the rocks are up and t-Wave have done it's work.....then it tries to do as much damage as it could to open a path for the team members to sweep.The evs are from uber's analyses and there just work fine.
Example :+2 252 Atk Mega Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 370-436 (91.5 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
To end this nomination, i wanna say popplio is op

-Hailing away

Last edited:
Nyeh Heh Heh! Chandelelure i say! jk lol

Ink!ovainia (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul Play
- Safeguard

Klefki sets up screens and switches out to setup sweeper mons and causes instant sweep without much damage in case of attacks because of screens, also reflect prevents Espeed or Scizor's B punch from revenge killing sweepers, allowing a higher chance to sweep a team than only just cripple it. Stealth rock wouldnt be much of a concern as those who use stealth rock are usually bulky without investment on attack evs, allowing a sweeper to setup without much damage, eventually sweeping the opposing team. To prevent Roar, I recommand a sweeper that has Ingrain as one of it moves. Klefki can block first turn sweepers with screens and switching out to a sweeper to setup. Safeguard blocks Darkrai and Smeargle's sleep causing moves. I reccomand Xerneas for the sweeper, also i think this is a good anti-lead.
just started using ScreenKlef lol, works pretty well
Lol demonstration http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-374179158

Last edited:
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

A Double-Dance Primal Groudon set, with enough Speed EVs to outspeed Geomancy Xerneas and thus everything outsped by that. The bulk seems and is simplistic, but it allows it to be guaranteed to live a +2 Focus Blast/Grass Knot from Xerneas, provided it still has full HP, and Pdon's natural bulk allows it survive an OHKO even from the likes of Choice Band Mega Rayquaza's Earthquake, and take next to nothing from most common priority. 252 Attack and an Adamant Nature are there, of course, to hit things really hard, even prior to Swords Dance. After a Swords Dance, it becomes powerful enough to OHKO Specially defensive Ferrothorn with an EQ:
+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 363-427 (103.1 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Stone Edge is used to hit the many birds of AG, and at +2 it can OHKO Mega Rayquaza after rocks or on a roll, as well as OHKOing Physically Defensive Yveltal with neither:
+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 305-359 (87.3 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 456-538 (100.2 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Of course, this set could be used alongside a second Primal Groudon, perhaps running a support set to try and confuse the opponent and to check/counter some of the Steel-types like Skarmory that this set currently struggles with. But anyway, this is why I thought Double Dance Pdon would be a good, fun set for us to build around.

First off, your first pastebin just links to the site lol, so I'm not sure what its doing specially defensively. In terms of physdef, however, those calcs are why it is bad. That's just not bulky enough-
+2 252 Atk Arceus Shadow Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 248-292 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 229-270 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Ghost: 354-417 (79.9 - 94.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
I'm not going to touch offensive ghostceus, as being KO'd is bad, and you have no speed. This means you are basically fodder for supportceus, which is just terrible. Furthermore, many common special attackers such as Darkrai, POgre, MGar, Mewtwo... basically, I'm not sure why you would use it over something good.

Blah, yes, I wrote that improperly. Ty, has been fixed.
Alright I guess I should have made it clear that it's not supposed to be a super viable, and more of just a fun fake out for xerneas and yveltal. It's not good and requires support but it sounds fun to try and build a team around. (also, those calculation were just to show that it can take the hits if it needs to, and not trying to put out that it's a mixed wall)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)