Other Metagames Anything Goes full Arceus OP team :D

Hi people, it's Balanced Freakmons and I'm posting an AG team this time! Hope you guys enjoy it :D
This time i tried something quite fun: a full Arceus AG team and it worked preety well, since i reached 1657 Elo with 83.0% GXE.

Team Preview
========

Team Analysis
========

Arceus @ Lum Berry/Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

First Pokémon: Standard ExtremeKiller Arceus. Afterall, which would be a Arceus team without the standard ExtremeKiller? One of the best sweepers in the metagame,its relatively bulky for set up at least once, it can OHKO a large amount of pokémon with just one Swords Dance! Swords Dance is for set up, Extreme Speed is STAB and has +2 priority, Earthquake is for coverage against Steel types as well as for Primal Grpudon and Shadow Claw is for coverage Ghost types, specially Giratina-O that could be a problem due to its typing(Ghost) and Levitate.
Item: Lum Berry is to prevent Klefki to paralyze you and Darkrai to put you to sleep, so you can eliminate them with Earthquake and a boosted Extreme Speed respectively. It works against toxic abusers as well. You can use Silk Scarf in order to increase even more the Extreme Speed damage.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Recover

Second Pokémon: This is the team's bulky set up Arceus. He can be used against a pokémon that you see that isn't dangerous, like a wall for example, or even other Arceus and Groudon. So, the first thing we should do with this set is to set up our Defense with Iron Defense and Calm Mind which will make our Arceus an unbreakable wall. We set up as far as we can. And by using Calm Mind we are getting a boost on Sp.Defense but we get a boost on Sp.Attack as well, so our Arceus can get a sweeping role! Judgment is incredibly strong, even unboosted, and is a good check for Darkrai and Mega Rayquaza, two powerfull sweeping weapons. Recover is for durability allowing our Arceus to set up more times. Our ev spread maximizes our Sp.Attack with a Modest nature and boost our HP in order to make it bulky in order to face pokémon like Groudon so we can set up.

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Extreme Speed
- Defog/Magic Coat

Third Pokémon: I realised I needed something to deal with Geomancy Xerneas because after a Geomancy+Moonblast/Coverage moves he could sweep my entire team. So that's when my poison Arceus comes in and to do a great job. The combination of 240 HP ev spread+Poison type allows my Arceus to resist a +2 moonblast from Xerneas. Their coverage moves aren´t a problem because thunder/thunderbold don't OHKO arceus even at +2 and Focus Blast does nothing. The only problem is if they have Psychic/Psychock, but they are kinda rare. Poison Jab is to wreck Xerneas, Recover is for stalling and Defog is for cleaning up hazards and it's preety nice in Arceus-Poison due to its immunity to Poison while also having solid defensive stats and instant recovery. We can use Magic Coat instead of Defog because it's good against status inducers like Thunder Wave Klefki and Dark Void Darkrai.
The rest of ev spread is on Attack+Adamant nature in order to do the maxium damage on Xerneas.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Recover
- Judgment
- Calm Mind

Fourth Pokémon: Preety standard Calm Mind Arceus-Steel set. Thanks to its immunity to Toxic he has an impressive Stallbreaking ability, setting up Calm Mind and sweeping with Judgment. Due to its steel type he is a good check for some Xerneas variants that don't run Focus Blast. Calm Mind+Recover makes a good stalling combo improving its durability and chance to set up. Fire Blast is coverage against Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Klefki and other Steel types. But you can use Earth Power, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, etc. It depends what coverage you want.

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break/Earthquake
- Shadow Force

Fifth Pokémon: And there is my 5th pokémon. Guess who? It has 4 legs and it's the god of Pokémon! Yes, another Arceus. I realised i needed a quick sweeping backup in case if my normal Arceus dies. So i tought in other normal Arceus, but i realised that the Ghost type filled better in my team for 2 reasons: it allows me to revenge kill low HP other ExtremeKiller Arceus (it's immune to their Extreme Speed and Shadow Claw doesn't OHKO him) and the brutal force of +2 STAB Shadow Force. It OHKO other Arceus, Mega Ray, Kyogre, Xerneas at +2 with Shadow Force. A great check for those autentic weapons. Brick Break is to break Klefki's Reflects and Light Screens as well as Ferrothorn, Darkrai and other Normal Arceus, but we can use Earthquake as a coverage move instead of it. I just put Brick Break because my normal Arceus already had Earthquake. This is the standard ExtremeKiller Ghost Arceus, no need to know much more about it.

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roar/Judgment/Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Recover

Sixth Pokémon: I needed one pokémon that could put Stealth Rocks in order to help my other Arceus in their Sweeping job and helping to deal with Mega Ray/Salamence, comon threats in AG, so i ended up with Arceus-Dragon. This is a kinda defensive Arceus, for support job, that can be used in Arceus-Normal with Lum Berry or Arceus Water as well. Toxic+Recover for stall and beat Groudon easilly, Stealth Rock to help my other Pokémon and to deal 25% on Rayquaza and other Flying types and Roar is to put Swords Dance Groudon/Geomancy Xerneas/Nasty Plot Darkrai away by not letting them to set up. We can use Judgment for an offensive move against Ray or Defog for support.

Known Threats
========

-Skarmory: It can be a problem by being hard to beat because only Arceus Steel has a supereffective move(Fire Blast) and it's immune to Toxic and Earthquake. We can use our Judgment or a Boosted attack to deal with it.
-Ferrothorn: Preety much the same thing as Skarmory. Boosted Brick Break is good against it.
-Darkrai: It is a problem for any team, but if he can put you to sleep and set up 1 Nasty Plot it can be really dangerous. Normal ExtremeKiller Arceus (with lum berry) is our check, but Arceus Fairy can deal with the versions that don't run Sludge Bomb.
-Primal Kyogre: Origin Pulse is a ridiculously powerfull move under the rain and can almost OHKO our Arceus. But Arceus Dragon can Toxic it and beat it using Recover and if our ExtremeKiller Arceus is already at +2 it's easy to beat.

Conclusion
========

I think this is quite the fun and good team to use, if well played we can avoid Toxic, Extreme Speeds, Xerneas... I think monopokémon teams are good if well built and well played they result preety well, better than we think. I ranked up to 1657 points using this team, i hope it can be useful for you too and any suggestions to make it better, just reply, they are always welcome :)

Hi, Balanced Freakmons, this is a pretty good team you have here. However, I think it has some room for improvement. As it stands, I don't think you need two calm mind arceus formes, and of the two, arceus-steel seems better because it's immune to toxic. So, my suggestion is to get rid of arceus-fairy and replace it with mega rayquaza. I know you wanted to have a full arceus team, but the fairyceus doesn't really do much for you and your wallbreaking capabilities are far superior with mega rayquaza. I would personally opt for the choice band set with dragon ascent, waterfall, v-create, and extreme speed. This allows you to OHKO any lead primal groudon, severely dent even the most defensive walls, and eases your matchup tremendously vs. skarmory and ferrothorn. The last suggestion i have is to replace shadow claw on your arcues-normal with magic coat. This allows you to check darkrai far more effectively, and I think you need the extra security because darkrai comes in on every other member of your team. Arceus-ghost provides you with more than enough ghost coverage anyway. Good luck laddering further with the team and i hope this helped!

Hey man! interesting team gimmick.

The first couple of flaws I see are:

Your team has no way to absorb status outside of toxic with Arc Poison.

Why is this a problem?

Status is ever so common in AG, Twave, Toxic, Wisp, Scald, Dark Void, Spore, so many ways to status mons, and you have no real way of avoiding this.

How Do You fix this problem?

Arceus Normal:
Lum Berry > Silk Scarf
Earthquake < Magic Coat

This allows you to counter status and afford to stay in on Darkrai, Weakened Arceus water, etc.

A threat people seem to undermine is Mixed Rayquaza

Your one check to Rayquaza can bop you back, and its growing in popularity, my only suggestion is to bop abunch of speed into your Drag so that you outspeed it before mega evolving, but that comes at the cost of losing so much bulk.

Overall i don't see many ways to improve this team without ruining the original gimmick, good luck.

Hi, Balanced Freakmons, this is a pretty good team you have here. However, I think it has some room for improvement. As it stands, I don't think you need two calm mind arceus formes, and of the two, arceus-steel seems better because it's immune to toxic. So, my suggestion is to get rid of arceus-fairy and replace it with mega rayquaza. I know you wanted to have a full arceus team, but the fairyceus doesn't really do much for you and your wallbreaking capabilities are far superior with mega rayquaza. I would personally opt for the choice band set with dragon ascent, waterfall, v-create, and extreme speed. This allows you to OHKO any lead primal groudon, severely dent even the most defensive walls, and eases your matchup tremendously vs. skarmory and ferrothorn. The last suggestion i have is to replace shadow claw on your arcues-normal with magic coat. This allows you to check darkrai far more effectively, and I think you need the extra security because darkrai comes in on every other member of your team. Arceus-ghost provides you with more than enough ghost coverage anyway. Good luck laddering further with the team and i hope this helped!
PurpleGatorade thank you for helping me :) I will think about including the mega Ray in my team. However i need Shadow Claw in my Arceus Normal because of Giratina-O that has Levitate and it's immune to all my other attacks.

Btw, that fairy Arceus is a monster xD it has saved me so many times! He plays with Primal Groudon as if Groudon were a toy xD but as i said i will consider your Mega Ray suggestion.

Once more, thank you for helping me ^-^ really appreciated that.

The first couple of flaws I see are:

Your team has no way to absorb status outside of toxic with Arc Poison.
Why is this a problem?

Status is ever so common in AG, Twave, Toxic, Wisp, Scald, Dark Void, Spore, so many ways to status mons, and you have no real way of avoiding this.

How Do You fix this problem?

Arceus Normal:
Lum Berry > Silk Scarf
Earthquake < Magic Coat

This allows you to counter status and afford to stay in on Darkrai, Weakened Arceus water, etc.

A threat people seem to undermine is Mixed Rayquaza

Your one check to Rayquaza can bop you back, and its growing in popularity, my only suggestion is to bop abunch of speed into your Drag so that you outspeed it before mega evolving, but that comes at the cost of losing so much bulk.

Overall i don't see many ways to improve this team without ruining the original gimmick, good luck.
Execute Firstly, I'm a girl xD

Secondly, thanks for helping me :) , i really need a status absorbtion and I will consider your suggestion of Magic Coat, but i think i will have more problems with Primal Groudon. And with Silk Scarf i think i will become more vulnerable to Sacred Fire Ho-oh, Scald Kyogre and Poison Jab Arceus-poison, since lum berry covers these status problems.

Even so, i will try a version of this team with your suggestins in order to see if that can work good. Once more, thank you for helping me ^-^ .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)