Application of Analyses Based on Respective Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if the problem has been addressed, but I find that some analyses are constantly having to be re-written due to the fluctuation of Pokémon changing from UU to OU and vice-versa. For this reason, I'd like to propose that each analysis on site be divided into two tiers: OU and UU (and possibly Ubers, if applicable). I'm mainly suggesting this idea as an add-on to the current Ubers Update project going on in the Updates forum. By going through with this suggestion, not only would we eliminate the hassle of constantly re-writing sets in accordance with the tier lists changing every 3 months, but it would also give newer users an idea of which sets are viable in different tiers.

Of course, this project would currently only be applied to Pokémon below the OU tier (basically, UU Pokemon) as the Uber Updates project is taking care of the OU Pokemon.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So you propose that UU Pokemon have an OU section if they are viable in OU? This seems like the logical extension of the How to deal with non-Uber Pokemon that are viable in Ubers thread (which was approved and seems like a good idea), but if you hope to reduce rewriting analysis you also have to consider UU Pokemon moving back and forth from OU. If a UU Pokemon goes to OU and back, its UU analysis will be removed and then hopefully re-added. Maybe the store of analysis for Pokemon in tiers they are not currently allowed in should be better organized (not on site, just a thread somewhere in C&C linking to the threads with the peer edits in) in preparation for a possible move back?

I agree with this Flashstorm, I find it very annoying when I am looking though the strategy Dex, looking at a UU pokemon, and all of it's sets are for the OU environment. If we divide it, I think it could be less confusing.

I'm not sure if the problem has been addressed, but I find that some analyses are constantly having to be re-written due to the fluctuation of Pokémon changing from UU to OU and vice-versa. For this reason, I'd like to propose that each analysis on site be divided into two tiers: OU and UU (and possibly Ubers, if applicable). I'm mainly suggesting this idea as an add-on to the current Ubers Update project going on in the Updates forum. By going through with this suggestion, not only would we eliminate the hassle of constantly re-writing sets in accordance with the tier lists changing every 3 months, but it would also give newer users an idea of which sets are viable in different tiers.

Of course, this project would currently only be applied to Pokémon below the OU tier (basically, UU Pokemon) as the Uber Updates project is taking care of the OU Pokemon.
I think this is what is going to happen after we add tabs for each tier on each pokemon on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)