Apprentice Program: Round 104

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Welcome to Round 104 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.
Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:
  • You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

MyMom2302: 104-105
Sed: 104-105
shadestep: 104-105
Roller Jango: 104-105
Floushaide: 104-105
Esidisi: 104-105
-The Penguin: 104-105
Brad Conway: 104-105
Togart: 104-105

This round will end on February 18.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Username: BIAF

PO/PS! Username: BIAF

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST: 9 pm - 12 am on Weekdays, on weekends pretty much always

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU

Tell us a little about yourself: Well I'm a swimmer so that's pretty much why I have no life and why I'm available for so few hours out of the day. I've just recently gotten into UU and I felt like I had a fairly decent grasp on it, getting to 1430-ish and 85-ish GXE in about 2 days, but recently I've tanked in terms of wins and quality teams. I'm hoping to learn from someone that will give me good reinforcement for building and playing.

Username: Vore Gidal
PO/PS! Username: Vore Gidal
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10. I don't go back to uni until the 1st of March so I'm pretty free and flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Student from Australia. I like hip-hop and "soccer"/basketball. I'm an average player who wants to get better, especially in teambuilding.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Ues, both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ues

Username: BlueSkiddoWeCanToo

PO/PS! Username: BlueSkiddoWeCanToo

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST: 3:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. (My schedule is pretty flexible)

What tier do you want to learn?: LC

Tell us a little about yourself: I’m an 19 year old college student studying electrical engineering. I am a regular doubles player but I am interested in learning a singles tier and I like the interesting meta game that LC presents, as well as the other very unique aspects of the tier. Looking forward to a fantastic learning experience.

Username: Aurosis
PO/PS! Username: Aurosis
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, Monday-Friday 6 PM – 2 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: 19 year old who mains in NU. I have a good deal of tier knowledge already but really want to improve upon my building and playing skills. Oh I play basketball too if you’re into that.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both are good for me.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes.

trace

tell me
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Username: TraceofLife
PO/PS Username: TraceofLife
Timezone: +7
Tier you want to Learn: doubles ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I have no life
Are you able to use Skype or IRC: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist work: yes

Username: Obliviate
PO/PS! Username: Obliviatee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, most evenings (prefarably on weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or DPP OU

Username: Flame Road
PO/PS! Username: Flame Road
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST- Thurs-Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: Doubles OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I=cool boi
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Username: DrReuniclus
PO/PS! Username: DrReuniclus3
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: United States EST Sat Sun any time, Tuesdays After 12:00pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m an uninteresting college student 19 years old. I don’t even play pokemon, lol!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes Skype Only
Shiba said he’d pick me up for tutoring this round if that’s alright.

Username: Nightingales
PO/PS! Username: Nightingales
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: After 5pm EST most days
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a chick who probably puts too much pressure on herself and somehow manages to still have fun.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, if needed.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup, and I'm not on it! :D

Side Note; I am dealing with a concussion that should probably have me not playing mons, so I might be a little fuzzy from time to timer with tutoring.

Also if theres overflow for UU I'm fine with OU.

Username: Icing On Da Cake
PO/PS! Username: Nutella Icing
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time (UTC−05:00); basically all day on weekends and holidays and 5:00 P:M to 10:00 P.M. on weekdays
Tell us a little about yourself: I play chess occasionally, I like rap and music in general, my favorite cartoon is Avatar: The Last Airbender, and I enjoying learning about basically almost anything I can get my hands on.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

If UU doesn't work out then ORAS Ubers > ORAS NU > ORAS RU in the order of preference

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Ununhexium
PO/PS! Username: Ununhexium
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: afternoons and weekends est
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: no I don't wanna
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yup
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yeet

AAamen

☆Ojama: gg team italy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username:AAamen
PO/PS! Username:AAamen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:I'm GMT+1(Italian) I'm not that busy I'm free all day even though I can't guarantee on Sundays
What tier do you want to learn?:ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing this game since 2 years and i want to learn a new meta
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:I have Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Username: Milak
PO/PS! Username: Milak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, pretty much at every time (preferably on weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: NU
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: No
Jarii already agreed to tutor me on PS!

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Kiyo
PO/PS! Username: Kiyo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8 (PST) Weekdays after 7PM, Weekends pretty much any time after noon.
What tier do you want to learn?: GSC OU / RBY OU / ORAS OU in order of preference
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm Kiyo.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: one would hope

Matame

New Rules
Username: lana del seldo
PO/PS! Username: same as above
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GTM, whenever on weekends, late on weekdays
Tell us a little about yourself: Intrigued by singles and have never really had the support to be able to be any good at it

Username: jvl101993
PO/PS! Username: jvl101993
Timezone: CST (GMT-6). Evenings on weekdays (work, school, though I can do the occasional morning or afternoon), anytime I'm awake on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since Yellow, been keeping up with competitive Pokemon since DPP. I want to improve on teambuilding, as well as analyzing in-battle situations and such. I'd like to improve enough to be a tournament player, but that's not my expectation for where I would be after the tutoring session.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes: Skype.

Hyssou

RoAPL Champion
Username: Hyssou
PO/PS! Username: Hyssou
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 I'm pretty free and flexible.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 14 years old I am French I love the football, Basketball and Mangas I am in the college I make of the pokemon strategy since 1 the years

Username: ninjacalibur
PO/PS! Username: ninjacalibur
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -2, 3PM-9PM most days, might be less active towards the end of the round but shouldnt be a problem
Tell us a little about yourself: 20 y/o from brazil
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes both

Username: GreasyXSpoon
PO/PS! Username: GXS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: im GMT +10 but i have work during the day throughout the week, So from 1600-2200 Tues-Friday No Mon, And Sat and Sun are Free Range.
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a 23 year old bloke you just wants to learn more about the finer points of UU
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype

Username:Miltankmilk

PO/PS! Username: Miltankmilk

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST(GMT-6) and available most of the time

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS DOU

Tell us a little about yourself: Second year college student from the US, playing mons competitively since middle of XY so still relatively new. Big hockey and baseball fan with too much time on his hands. Looking to pick up another tier that I really enjoy and can succeed at.

GOAO

Banned deucer.
Username: GOAO
PO/PS! Username: GOAO
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -2, all the day
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: im gay
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: y
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

teal six agreed to tutor me this round n_n

Hingo

Banned deucer.
Username: Hingo
PO/PS! Username: Hingo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Anytime tbh.
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 2-0 in tours vs current ost winner whitequeen.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yea

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Username: Omega-Xis14
PO/PS! Username: Omega-Xis (Recently Changed)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Currently free all day Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. GMT -7.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just taking a few classes prior to entering grad school in the fall and I'm limited on the amount of credits I can actually take prior to entering the program. I've never touched the RU metagame and I'm looking to get into something different, as I typically only play UU or Monotype.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype

Daenys

Banned deucer.
Username: Daenys
PO/PS! Username: Daenys
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +7. I won't be online usually but that should not be a problem since I will be scheduling beforehand if I get a tutor.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: usually preparing for classes/team project/student union etc
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)