Apprentice Program: Round 107

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to Round 107 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.
Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:
  • You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Tahu: 105-107

This round will end on May 6.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Username: Omega-Xis
PO/PS! Username: Omega-Xis
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MDT (GMT -6), pretty much available all day except for Mondays and Thursdays in the morning/afternoon.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: UU is my favorite tier, but I usually cap around 1500s on the ladder at most. I’d like to take the next step and improve my ladder game and then maybe sign up for seasonals. Hoping someone can help me improve my play and maybe build more defensively oriented teams, I feel like I understand the nuances of building offense pretty well.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: Draygoon
PO/PS! Username: Draygoon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, from 6 PM Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday, the afternoon/evening on Wednesday and the whole day during weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 16 and currently in high school. I like listening to music, watching film and series and I'm a huge fan of Pokemon. I really want to learn OU as it seems a fun tier and improve both in battling and I hope that Battling 101 will help me with that :)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both works for me

Username: Veroxus
PO/PS! Username: Veroxus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST Usually 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 16 years old, and I own my own Minecraft server business that makes $1,000 a month.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use both, however I prefer Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: piikachuu
PO/PS! Username: piiiikachuuu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, 7pm - 2am
Tell us a little about yourself: college student with free time loooking to learn some Pokemon
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Tate No Liz

PO/PS! Username: Tate No Liz

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, GMT -5 Monday through Saturday 3pm – 2am

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU, if not then UU or DDP/BW OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a pretty laid back and chill guy, I love to learn new things and love meeting new people and making new friends. I like to think of myself as a quick learner as I soak things up pretty well. Call me a sponge.

Threw

cohiba
Username: Threw
PO/PS! Username: Threw
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT, weekdays 4-11, weekends whenever past 12 pm I guess. Emphasis on usual tho
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I main tf out of UU and don’t play any other tiers. I’ve been wanting to branch out and I figure RU would be the easiest place to start
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Username: Vore Gidal
PO/PS! Username: Vore Gidal
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10, evenings and weekends and all day Wednesday/Thursday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, if not available then ORAS/any gen OU is fine
Tell us a little about yourself: Uni student, like hip-hop and sports, want to get better at mons
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Ues
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ues

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Meloettaaa
PO/PS! Username: Meloettaaa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: anything past 5pm gmt+2, all day in weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: i love football, mainly play doubles but i'm not really great. i play all metas but i play them at a very low level.

Username: Funkydude97
PS! Username: Funkydude97
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: M-F 2-9 PM EDT or weekend at almost anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU or UU or Uber. Whatever is convenient
Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm a nineteen year old that has played pokemon since I can remember. My first game was the original Pokemon Pinball and then Pokemon Gold. I'm an engineering student, and I love music and guitar.

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Username: Zamrock
PO/PS! Username: Zamrock
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, I’ll be on
Tell us a little about yourself: Tour Player

ABR agreed to tutor me this round.

Username:PocketMan
PO/PS! Username:Rubbish Player
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:BST, GMT +1 Pretty free, quite flexible
Tell us a little about yourself: 20yr old with too much spare time, I despise Genesect I've no idea how it was in OU
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, skype, I haven't used IRC for years.

Username: bjoernboombastic
PO/PS! Username: BBO!B, B8B
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, in the evening (thats 1pm-7pm in EST i think) except for mondays and wednesdays and avaible on sundays
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 24-year-old German studying economics in Kiel. Playing mons, working in our student representative office and drinking beer.

Last edited:
Username: Realistic Waters
PO/PS! Username: Realistic Waters
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, weekdays usually free after 5 and whenever weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: oras uu
Tell us a little about yourself: English student who enjoys reading, writing and being social. Looking to get into other tiers.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

Username: Miltankmilk
PS! Username: Miltankmilk
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 / Central time, Evenings on weekdays and can make time on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a 19 yr old college student from Illinois and I play a lot of doubles. Wasn’t active on smogon until after the BW era but its still so relevant that I’d like to learn it.
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes

Username: Nightingales
PO/PS! Username: Nightingales
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT right now, usually after 17-1800
Tell us a little about yourself: I am Nightingnerd.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Still not on it, so I hope so.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Minus
PO/PS! Username: Minus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT -5), nights (8 PM - 12 PM) on weekdays
Tell us a little about yourself: not much, just your average high schooler

Last edited:
Username: EienSeiryuu
PO/PS! Username: EienSeiryuu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PDT (GMT-7). Available Tuesdays, Fridays, and weekends all day. Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays at night.
Tell us a little about yourself: I don't like pets :(
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

Username: Turnip123
PO/PS! Username: sarahpalin2016
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (-4), 7-11 pm is the best for most days
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU/ ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Right now, I'm finishing my junior year for Biological Engineering. I like to play League, cook, and make shitty teams on Showdown.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: Eeeon
PO/PS! Username: Eeeon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Pacific Time (SoCal) Basically all throughout the week afternoon except on Saturdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU/VGC2016
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been playing Pokemon my whole life. However, it has only been a while since I familiarized myself with competitive, but never really put in the time to better myself and read to get better.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Skype preferred.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yessir!

Last edited:

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Paraplegic
PO/PS! Username: Paraplegic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, GMT-5 Im on most of the time when Im not in school
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a sophmore in highschool, thats all I got because my life is pretty boring
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, either works
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup

Username: bromelain
PO/PS! Username: bromelain
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 usually after 9 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Just an average dude trying to become better at ORAS OU, i like listening to music and playing bball

Username: shocking
PO/PS! Username: Zaettsu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT (UK) UTC +1 Available on Thursday from 3pm onwards, Friday – 7/8pm onwards, Pretty much the majority of the weekend
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m 21 going to college atm, enjoy watching a lot of anime and playing pokemon with a bit of league of legends in my spare time.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype, yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup.

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Username: Scimjara
PO/PS! Username: Scimjara
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT -4)
Tell us a little about yourself: Need to learn how to play this new meta game so I can become relevant again

PDC agreed to tutor me.

Reactions: PDC
Username:Seppuku commander
PO/PS! Username:Seppuku commander
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT Standard time.Weekdays on at 4.00pm ish and weekends on all the time.
What tier do you want to learn?:Oras Ou (if you can please pair me with some one who knows a lot about stall) VGC 2016
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a hs student who wants to get better at mons [:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:I can use skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yeh,and I don't want to be on it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)