Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Application battling 101

Username: Autriastar on PS
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Autriastar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time Zone. Free late evenings around 9-12pm
What tier do you want to learn?: Preferably OU or RANDOM
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a girl, and I go to a boarding school in New England. I am very sports oriented, and enjoy any kind of challenge, mentally and physically.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course, sounds interesting!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure sounds like fun!
Looking forward to getting a chance to do this!!

I have just recently joined Smogon, but I've been doing Pokemon Showdown for some time now. I am very eager to learn and face up to any challenge. I love Pokemon battling, and feel I would make a very enthusiastic and eager apprentice. (fewer then 25 posts)

Last edited:
Username: Mean Mr Snorlax
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: MeanMrSnorlax on PS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 3:30-6:00 PM and 7:30-9:30 PM on weekdays, anytime at all on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old boy from Chicago. I'm spend most of my time running my competitive guild on Serebii.net Forums, watching youtube, and playing on PS.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Of Course!

Why I should be tutored, despite having a measly 17 posts on this forum: I've been playing competitive pokemon since late 2010, though I've only gotten serious about it since XY came out. I have a decent understanding of the metagame already, and have received some pointers from friends that also do competitive, but I feel I could still learn plenty from being tutored. Being tutored would also help me post with higher quality and quantity on these forums.

Username: FullmetalGeek
Pokemon Showdown Username: SomeGuy317 (sometimes used alt: FullmetalGeek)
Your Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST) I am mostly on at 7:30 - 8:30 PM, and 9:30 - 10:15 PM, but am also sometimes on from 4:30 to 7:30. However, since spring is coming, I might not be on at those times. The first times I mentioned are the most reliable. Weekends can vary slightly, but I am usually on from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, and 9:30 - 10:15 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, OU Monotype, Overall Teambuilding
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 13 year old boy from New Jersey. While I find it difficult to start something by myself, after watching one person do it, I can usually go on my own and try it (ex. I am looking off of the guy above me to get a small format for this part. But now, I will just go on my own.) I focus on schoolwork, trying to maintain good grades. I have a few hobbies, including tennis, photography, and watching/reading anime/manga (as may be indicated by my username). I just got introduced into the competitive metagame of Pokemon about a few months ago, but I have been very interested and learning as much as I can. I am most weak in teambuilding, and I need to try out a team several times before I am able to do my best with it.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure. Why not? They help me, I might as well return the favor.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament: Of course! I love tournaments and testing my skills.

My 25 post count: While I just joined Smogon a few weeks ago, I was lurking for a month or two before joining. I have a general understanding of what goes on in Smogon, and what the metagame is about, but I really want to learn more and get better. I am willing to do whatever possible (as long as it is in my time range) to get better, and have no problem with posting more and talking with more people on chat on PS. Overall, I wish to be tutored so I can increase my understanding, and have more fun and be more competitive in the Pokemon metagame.

Username: NeonNinja96
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: NeonNinja96 (Alts: xXCarracostaXx xXMegaMawileXx)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC/GMT -8 hours Usually between 5PM and 9PM I can be found
Tell us a little about yourself: I do lots of cool things. I am focused on school, college is a bitch. As well, Attack on Titan is the best thing since pizza pockets.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Certainly
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Hells yeah!

Username: HSBrendan
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: HSBrendan (Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time, I am usually available from ~5:00 PM to 10:00 PM with a few exceptions.
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm very new to the forums, but I've been battling competitively since early B/W (however, I've only really gotten serious since Gen VI) and playing Pokemon since early R/S/E. I have deep knowledge and understanding of Pokemon mechanics, but I feel like I could be much better than I am now.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely!

(Under 25 posts)
I believe I should be tutored because I want to raise my skill level and possibly compete in tournaments. As mentioned above, I have knowledge of the game, how it works, and how to do well, but since I'm still fairly new to the competitive battling scene, I wish to become better than I am now, really enjoy battling in this metagame, and be able to tutor people like myself in the future. Although I'm a little young, I still feel compelled to apply for a tutor for these reasons.

Last edited:
Username: Scoshar
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Scoshar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time, after 4:00 PM until 9:00 PM (Weekdays) and all day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a student who is a huge gamer. I collect Nintendo video games, and play a lot in my free time. I used to be really good at online FPS games, but would rather do something with more strategy. I have been playing Pokemon since I was young, all generations, and I would love to get better and become the best I can be. I have little online battle experience, but am willing to do what it takes!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: You bet!

>25 Posts
I would like to be the best I can be. I know a lot about the game (besides competitive battling.) I enjoy Pokemon so much and want to be able to compete in tournaments. I've lurked on the website for a few weeks, but only this post really made me make an account. I have a lot to learn and would really benefit from a tutor.

Username:magisky
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:magisky
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:central time most evenings and some weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?:xy ou or vgc14
Tell us a little about yourself: I am motivated and a quick learner. I have been playing pokemon since red but i stopped for a long while. since getting back into it I have completed a living dex and got into competitive battling shortly after the x/y release. The new breeding mechanics just makes the idea of it some much more fee sable and not to mention Smogon and PS. I understand ivs and evs and breeding mechanics. I have picked up a lot of the lingo and theories to battling. I am still struggling to see how well a team can cover different threats and not just all fall to one Pokemon. I have not posted much in the forums yet because I am new here and I feel like I don't have enough to add. I also don't even really know what the question I need to be asking either. As I have been told it is not what you don't know that gets you it what you don't know you don't know that gets you every time.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely

Username: trillyntruly

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: trillyntruly (showdown)

Your timezone and usual hours of availability
: EST - most days, most of the day (in between jobs, so while waiting on callbacks i'm just playing pokemon)

What tier do you want to learn?
: XY OU

Tell us a little about yourself
: Well I'm a new member here at Smogon, though I've been visiting the site for a few years. Being 20, that puts me right around the age group of people that were really young children when gen 1 came out. So I didn't have a concept of competitive Pokemon until gen 4, and even then it was so over my head (I was only like...what, 13 when that came out?). But it still interested me a lot so I did read up about it. I skipped gen 5, and here I am, actually trying to learn how to play the series that's probably most nostalgic for me. The only other game I care about competitively is Smash. A little bit about me, minus Pokemon, I guess would be that I'm an ex-english major that loves music (indie, folk and any sub-folk genre, and hip hop are my favorites) and the arts in general. My favorite single video game is probably RE4. And there's not really much else to say lol.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?
: For sure, I don't see wynaut.

Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: For sure, I don't see wynaut.

EDIT: And it seems I have to say why I deserve to be tutee'd because of my lack of posts.

Um, I don't know. I guess because I actually care a whole lot about improving myself in this game and any help I receive through this program I will take seriously. Also, winning/losing doesn't matter to me as much as improving does, so I can take constructive criticism very well. As long as I get better I don't care what happens in any given match. In fact I learn more when I lose. Also because I personally (I know, I know, I'm the least biased source for information on myself) think I'm a pretty smart person who can pick up on things relatively quickly. Thanks for considering me! :)

Last edited:
Username: Imitatia

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Imitatia / Lucy Heartfillia (PS)

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: AWST. I'm active around 6-10 hours a day, but sometimes lesser if anything occurs.

Tell us a little about yourself
: Hi I'm Imitatia. I've been playing since Gen 3, but I've only recently started playing competitively during early BW. I started going to PS around late 2012, but it's only 2 weeks since I actually registered on Smogon. I'm decent in battling, but I'm pretty bad when it comes to teambuilding and predicting, which is why I want to sign up here, to improve myself. I'm usually found in PS, specifically Trivia. In OU, I never peaked higher than 1450, unfortunately, but hopefully this program would change that.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup

Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Definately, I love a good tour :D

25 Posts: I don't really post a lot on the forums, purely because I'm generally on PS. And whenever I visit, I just lurk around and read some threads. To be tutored would help me battle a lot better, post a whole lot more and be more active in the forums.

- Imitatia :3

Username: MajorFlash

Pokemon Showdown Username: MajorFlash

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST. It varies but usually weeknights that aren't Tuesday and most weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college student studying religious studies. I spend most of my time doing school work or involved at the local Catholic church (leading/attending retreats and bible studies as well as going to mass.) I have gotten really involved in LC recently due to having more time on my hands. I have always been a pokemon fan as I have been playing pokemon ever since yellow. I started to get into competitive a few years ago in DPP. I lurked around infrequently during that time. I played a fair amount of RU and NU last gen but was never very good at it.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yuppers

Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: I guess so... I don't really know what it entails though.

25 Posts: While I haven't been involved very much I have been around for a few years. Like I said earlier I was super casual and not invested back then though. The change is that I have a lot more free time, which will only increase when the semester ends in early May, I want to spend the free time getting better, having fun, and being an active member in the LC community (which seems awesome!)

Thanks

Username: Spiffykins
Showdown Username: In the recent past - Spiffykins, EFF KNOCK OFF. Currently using Snikyffips.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5 p.m. – 3 a.m. -4 EDT
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started battling in Gen 5, primarily RU but I dabbled in OU, NU, and alternative metagames such as CAP. I've been following along with Gen 6 UU since the beginning of the tier. I'm currently ranked top 100 on the UU ladder as Snikyffips. That's not bad (I hope!), but I feel like I'm at a frustrating plateau and I'd really like to push my skills to the next level and hopefully find renewed pleasure in the game, which is why I'm here. It also wouldn't hurt to have an opportunity to do more than occasionally lurk the forums, of course.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: I'll definitely try, but if it's XY OU I'm afraid my heart might not really be in it since I've always been a low tier kinda guy.

Thanks for considering me.

Username: Flame Emblem
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Flame Emblem
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, and as I'm homeschooled, I can be found most of the time I'm awake. However, I've got a rotating sleep schedule. I can meet my tutor at most any time, though, adapting isn't overly hard.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW LC, XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, for one, I really dislike writing about myself. I'm kind of shy; I really ain't much of one to step into the limelight, but if someone needs to do something, if no one else is volunteering then I'l take the bullet. I like to read, but I'm running out of new things to read. Guess what, I PLAY FIRE EMBLEM. I got into competitive Pokemon pretty late into BW OU, and have dabbled in all of the tiers. LC was always something I liked, and in Gen 5 I enjoyed it immensely. I've recently got back into LC for Gen 6, but am looking forward to be able to improve my skills in both tiers. I consider myself decent at prediction, and one of my favorite things to do when playing XY OU is having Aegislash use Swords Dance in Blade Forme, because I enjoy the mindgames and the feeling when I'm right. However, I can't really bring myself to use moves with any inaccuracy; I mean, I prefer reliable moves. If I must have a Rock-type use, I only use Smack Down; that's how crazy I am about it. I also tend to apologize mid-battle if my opponent's haxed, because I know how it feels to be screwed over by the numbers and it's not fun. I tend to hold my grammar to a pretty high standard, and sometimes use pronouns like xir, and I also use "xD" instead of "lol" because using "lol" excessively makes me feel like a tool, while excessively using "xD" makes me feel, well, like less of a tool.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not? Sharing is caring.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Isn't that XY OU? I'm game, regardless, but I ain't exactly a ladder-topper. I'll sure give it my all, though.

Thanks for reading!

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: WreckDra
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PS: WreckDra
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST; Evenings and Weekend nights (depends on work loads and when my work shift is)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently in my first year of Community College studying Chemistry and Music. I have a decent part time job but the shift I work is subject to change. I started learning competitive late 2010. I joined the community in 2012 but rarely logged in and when I did, all I did was lurk. This changed recently and I have begun talking with the Ubers community (My favorite tier in gen 5 was Ubers) and I realized just how sub-par I am as a battler. I tend to stay around mid ladder as far as Ubers goes and would like to break free of this. I know how to predict and such, but I also feel like I am missing something crucial as a battler.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: I don't see why not

Username: Dirty Bum
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Dirty Bum / Dirty Bum2, 3... etc.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: [GMT +10:00] Monday --> Friday, 6:00 till 8:30, Weekends, On & Off, all day. (Note: From April 5th to April 15th I'll be free all day, playing on & off)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student in grade 9 ATM. I first got into pokemon in late BW2, playing on PO when my friends where out doing other things with their life. I wasn't good in any sense, but it really was just me and a Dragon Gem Hydreigon trolling all of PO. I kind off left after a month, and didn't come back for a while. When XY came out I immediately got it, and got straight back into Pokemon. I started EV training and IV breeding until I got bored, so I came to showdown and started playing. I've gotten a lot better since then, with my highest showdown rating around 1650. My favourite pokemon? Bisharp + Chandelure. My favorite thing about pokemon is the about of options you have at your hands: BTW love RMT and team-building in general.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure
>25 Posts: I believe that this will be a Excellent opportunity to learn and hone my skills as a competitive Pokemon player, and allow me to perform better at pokemon itself, and continue to have fun with this wonderful community.

Last edited:

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Rohail
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rohail
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; I'm available on weekdays from 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. and weekends can be adjusted to suit my needs.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a GP checker and C&C mentor here on Smogon. I have successfully gotten myself into all of the XY metagames except Doubles, mostly because it's so different from the other tiers. Aside from that, I enjoy writing and listening to music irl, as well as lurking around popular IRC channels and subforums like #spl and Victory Road, respectively.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

I was skipped in Round 82

Username: jasper underwood
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:earten
What tier do you want to learn?:battling
Tell us a little about yourself: am awesome
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: no
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:yes

Username: teamdelibird
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: teamdelibird
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5:00; anytime after 6:00PM, other times vary
Tell us a little about yourself: I played some competitive in gen3, mostly just lurking on Smogon for sets and such while playing on cartridges. I loved using stall in particular. I never got a DS so I fell out with pokemon in gen5 and gen4 but continued to lurk occassionally on the site until gen6 when I got a 3DS. I signed up for the forums here a few months ago and signed up for the simulator a few weeks ago where I've been stuck around 1500-1600. I'd like to be able to improve enough that I can really contribute to the Smogon community and participate in things like tiering and writing up analyses. Outside of playing pokemon, I'm studying marine science in college.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely

Why I should be tutored even though I have less than 25 posts: Technically, I've been lurking on Smogon for around 8 years, so I have a good background. I've also put over 1000 hours into breeding, raising and battling pokemon on the cartridge in Gen6 alone, so I have the dedication to learn and I really want to take my playing to the next level.

Application battling 101

Username: brendoid100
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: brendoid100
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time Zone. Free most days from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and maybe UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student who has always loved Pokemon. I have been on Showdown a while but am still not the greatest at battling.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Maybe (what is this?)
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, why not? Tournies are fun.

Username: __INS__
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Im Not Suspicious(PokemonShowdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00) Usually on from 7pm my time to12 am/pm(midnight
What tier do you want to learn?:Smogon doubles
Tell us a little about yourself:Im am a freshmen in high school. I dont do much other than just play video games, do homework or read.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:no
Why I should be tutored even though I have less than 25 posts: I am active on pokemonshowdown and i just recently got into doubles so i havent really started posting. I am allready have a basic grasp on the meta but i am still struggling with teambuilding and was hoping to learn more.

Username: Crane
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Nearly a complete noob to smogon, don't have one. The sims are one of the things I'm looking to get into, but have no previous experience with
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, I work an odd shift, but usually available 12-4pm Est and 11pm-1am est
What tier do you want to learn?: OU seems to be the largest, bit UU looks equally interesting. I'm willing to stick to OU if it comes down to it
Tell us a little about yourself:
I've been playing Pokemon since it's start in America, though unfortunately at much too young an age to realize half of what I was doing. In more recent years I started learning about Pokemon's competitive side, and wanted to try and learn it, if I could.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: No idea what this is, but sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure

Under 25 posts: Like I said, complete noob to the smogon forums. I've ghosted smogon since about 4th gen, mainly looking up Pokemon builds, and seeing what was rising and falling in power. At the same time that I want to get into competitive, I'd like to try and get into the smogon community more. Any help to that effect would be awesome!

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
Username: Starmaster
Pokemon Showdown username: Starmaster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 I'm available more or less all day if necessary
What tier do you want to learn: XY OU, XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm decent at all tiers more or less after BW. I've been extremely successful in XY LC this generation (might land a spot on PO World Cup US East team :)) and I've been average at OU. I'd like to push myself to the next level there, particularly in my teambuilding. I'm more or less a total noob to doubles. The only thing I know how to do is rain lol. It seems like an interesting meta to learn.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: yeah

I was passed over in Round 81 and forgot to sign up in round 82 ;~;

Last edited:
Username: cagedwisdom42
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: modernman, heartcooksbrain, wastedhours, readytostart (all on PO- I hang out in #hangman a lot)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST/GMT-5- Weekdays 11 PM - whenever I want to sleep (2 AM or so), most weekends I am free/flexible schedule
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling since the end of BW, though it took me a long time before I was able to look at the game in a more macro way. I think I've improved greatly in the battling department, but I still make too many misplays for my liking. I'm an extremely competitive person (admittedly to a fault at times), and I get very frustrated when I feel like I'm playing bad. I know I am not the greatest teambuilder. I have a decent enough sense of synergy, team archetypes, lures, etc, but in practice I haven't been able to push myself as far in this department as I feel I have in battling. I never really seriously ladder (I play maybe 3-5 games per day tops), but to give a general sense of my current skill level, I'm able to get to 1400-1450 on PO pretty easily, and that's probably where I start to go on tilt a little and get frustrated. In non pokemon related things, I'm a big baseball and football (world football, not American) fan. Specifically the Boston Red Sox, and I chose Newcastle United as my EPL team (as an American I don't get to watch a ton of football on standard cable tv, so it's pretty much all EPL for me). Though like half the reason I selected Newcastle was cause I liked watching Cabaye :(. I love, love, love music. I've just recently ventured into the shoegaze genre, which is quickly becoming my favorite sound. But I like a bit of most things. Alt, indie pop/folk, old school R&B, the Blues.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'm not sure what these are exactly, but I'm betting I would be willing to.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

Why I should be accepted despite my sub 25 post count: Like I said, I am very competitive and am driven to get better at the game. My smogon account is several years old, and I often browse certain forums (RMT, OU Discussion, C&C mostly). The main reason I don't post is often that I feel that I don't have anything new to add that others haven't stated already in any given thread, and I don't want to post just for the sake of posting. I would like to contribute more to the RMT forum once I feel I have become a better teambuilder and am able to competently analyze teams and make good suggestions.

Username: Amical
Pokémon Showdown Username: Amical
Time Zone and Hours of Availability: GMT-6; availability on weekdays is usually from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. GMT-6 time, availability on weekends is usually from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. GMT-6 time.
Tier of Interest: XY OU
About Myself: I have been playing Pokémon for nearly all of my conscious life. I found the games, TV show, and card game when I was just four years old, and ever since that time it has been the glue that holds my life together. Thus, I have a natural knack for it, and it was around the time that I was eleven years old that I discovered the competitive scene. I did not become involved at first, but I eventually joined in and discovered an entirely new and different side to the game I loved. I have spent immeasurable time reading all about competitive Pokémon, and I have grown to know all the mechanics of the game. I have had a few years of experience in competitive battling thus far, and I have grown accustomed to it completely.
Aside from Pokémon, I am a boy who takes interest in plenty of unique things considering my gender. For one, I greatly dislike sports, unlike many boys my age. I prefer reading and writing, and I listen to all types of music (save for genres similar to heavy metal and rap). I am a straight-A student in my school, and I am a more introverted type. I can play the piano, and I love gaming as well, of course. However, I refrain from violent games, as I am a pacifist at heart and I do not enjoy seeing others hurt or in pain. I always try to be as polite and kind as possible, even in spite of the rejections I might get.

Will I Be Willing to Do Tutee Talk Threads on My Tutor?
I am uncertain as to what this is, but if it is required then I would gladly participate.
Am I Interested in Playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament? Yes, I am.

Why I Should Be Accepted In Spite of My Post Count:
Although I have not posted much, I have been lurking on Smogon for years. I have learned very much, and I have plenty of experience, and therefore tutoring me would not be difficult in any way. I know all the basics already, and I am a fast learner. Because I have been playing Pokémon all my life, I have a natural feel for it.
I am the type of person that is constantly available within the given "availability" time frames, save for a few rare instances, and I am always prepared to learn more. I have wished for someone more experienced than myself to teach me the things I need to work on for a very long time now. As I said in my self-description, I am more of an introverted person, so with just a little guidance, I would manage to become a frequent poster and contributor given that my training goes well. I missed my opportunity to request a tutor last month, so I would very much appreciate it if I could be blessed with guidance in the competitive scene this time around.

Username: The1NintendoFreak
Pokemon Showdown: The1NintendoFreak (will get other battle sims if need be)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +0 GMT - I Work shifts so 2 weeks I'm available from 19:00 till 01:00 and the other 2 I'm free from 21:00 till 24:00 i also have 2 days off each week not necessarily weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU or i suppose XY UU but i am a complete n00b at competitive battling so anything would help to get me going.
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Nintendo games and Pokemon is one of the first Nintendo games I played. I own most of the games and have played them multiple times casually i tend to use different Pokemon that i haven't already used in a previous play through. when we reached gen 5 i started to drift away from Pokemon but X and Y rekindled my interest and i wanted to go one step further into the competitive scene. The main problem i have is i have no idea when to start with it i am fairly sure that guys i may enjoy playing with casually probably are not going to be to good likewise certain moves that seem awesome may be awful.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absol-utely (bad pun i know)
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Of course I mean its the whole reason I'm doing this is to start getting involved in this kinda thing so it would be daft not to
Less Than 25 Posts: I know I don't have any posts but that's Because I have never really used forums before this is like the 4th or 5th time i have posted on any forum. However i am defiantly serious about doing this and if things go well id want to contribute back to the site to share things i have picked up an such.

Username: Alexander.fxc
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: faxl
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central time 6pm-anytime after and if asked any other time
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I been playing pokemon since I was 9 but I didn't battle competitively till xy due to the last pokemon game I owned was emerald on gba anyways I need help with team building.
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)