Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 82 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, but I suck at tournaments =(
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees!

Two more things: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Tutee tournaments will happen after every round, it is strictly XY OU. If you are interested in playing for this tournament then we will send you a reminder PM once the signup thread opens.

Username: King Chase
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: King Chase (Pokemon Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Standard Time, GMT -7, 1-3 pm on all weekdays, 6-9pm on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and Off and On all day Saturday.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY UU, XY Doubles, VGC 2014 (If I can do more then one I'd love to)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 8th grader, I wanted to be advance in Math and Science so I did a year of homeschool this year. I will be going back to highschool next year. I want to be an orthodontist and that is what I'm aiming for right now. About my pokemon history, I got a ds and pokemon game(Diamond) when I was 8, I played the crap out of it and got really bored, I would stop playing until the next game came out. Around Black 2 and White 2 I started coming on Smogon and Serebii and exploring and I learned about competitive battling, IVs, Evs, natures, and all that stuff. Last year was looking though the wifi thread and found the trading section. (I thought that was really cool) I wanted to make a shop too. So I made an account an started a wifi trading thread with a random 5IV machop I got off wonder trading. My shop bloomed and now carries over 250 different pokemon. I know a lot about pokemon and I'm think I'm a decent battler and consider myself semi-experienced, but I want to get better and explore the other areas of smogon! Feel free to check out my thread ;)
Will you be willing to do
tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: ArchNoémie

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: ArchNoémie

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - Eastern Standard Time (UTC/GMT -5h00); I’m available every afternoon, but on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday as well as every evening, but on Friday and Sunday.

What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU and Doubles (for official tournaments).

Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokémon ever since I was little, but started to play competitively during the Diamond and Pearl era; I have kept playing all the way until the very end of the HeartGold and SoulSilver era. Once Black and White came out however, my interest in competitive play slowly died down, due to the overwhelming power and prevalence of weather teams and because of the near impossibility to run stall teams effectively. Now that X and Y are out, many of my friends started playing with each others and that really put me in the mood to play competitively, once again. However, since I have skipped over the entire 5th generation, I barely recognize the game anymore and would require the help of a tutor so that I can get back into the competitive scene. Additionally, I would also like to use this chance to be taught about team building, which is one of the aspects of the game I have always struggled with the most. I read the recent Smogon Seminar, which was about team building, but I still feel like I need help on this subject.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, definitely.

Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, if possible.

While I may have fewer than 25 posts, it is easily explained by the fact that I have always been more of a lurker. Therefore, even though I visit the Smogon Forums from time to time, I have never quite felt the need to make an account and share my thoughts, especially since I do not know much of anything about the competitive aspects of the game these days. I believe that participating in the Battling 101 Apprentice Program will help me have a better understanding of the current metagame and, in turn, push me to share any thoughts I may have that could help improve the community.

Last edited:
Username: Falling Silence
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Falling Silence
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, more active on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU (priority), XY Ubers, XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a laid back guy who started playing competitively just before XY was released, and now that its been out for a while, I would like to learn about the XY metagames because I want to get good at battling and other basic stuff such as teambuilding and battling strategy. Having read a lot of guides on the forums and from some battling experience, I am familiar with the basic competitive pokemon world. Also very lazy and I spend most of my time playing games and watching anime.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

25 posts: Well, I'm more of a lurker than a poster because I don't know much about a lot of metagames so I would probably look like an idiot to everyone which obviously I don't want, so getting tutored would really help me to get a good start on battling better as well as posting more :)

skipped last round

Last edited:
Username:Lost Soul
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Lost Soul22
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:12 Pm-2Am GMT-8(PST)
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've had a long break from battling but have been back into things since the beginning of this year. I did fairly well in DPP Ou and i really did not participate during B/W as i was preoccupied with College, now that i got some free time again I'm really hoping to be able to learn more and get fully back into things like i was during DPP as I've struggled a bit so far with all these new additions to the game. Its still a fresh metagame so there is a lot of stuff to still learn. I'm very willing to learn and I'm very open minded, if there is anything else anyone needs to know don't be afraid to ask as i do not bite as I'm fairly friendly XD
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes most definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:I'm up for it.

Skipped Last Round.

Username: radianthero156
Pokemon Showdown Username: radianthero156
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, usually 16:00-21:00 every day
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU or XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: great fan of the fire emblem series and student of the second period of electric engineering, i recently joined smogon, but i've been lurking around here and pokemon showdown for much time, 4 or 5 months i think. i joined the forums mainly to play and learn about UU, because i loved the tier when i played it, and i got relatively good ladder records in the tier, but mainly because i built solid teams in accident lol. now i wish to learn XY OU because it seems to be the main tier for everything, as well as learn the basics of teambuilding, prediction, and general competitive pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: yes

Last edited:
Username: Panda12435

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: NextGenFighter

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I live in Western Australia, My timezone is GMT +8

I am normally available All the time except for when I am asleep, and when I have school, so afternoons everyday, all day on weekends

What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU

Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I am a 9th Grader, I am also the Junior House leader for my faction at school and am a Straight A student, I have been playing pokemon since I was 6 when I got Pearl, Ever since then, I've loved just trying to catch every single pokemon and find all the legendaries, but lately, since I have been playing on my Y, I have been looking for a bit more to do, so I decided to get into competitive. i've made a couple of teams on Pokemon Showdown, and looked at a lot of guides on team-building and strategy, but I still am lacking a lot of the knowledge of those subjects, so i came here. My weakest point is definitely my team-building, that is what I would like to work on the most. I know a lot about Pokemon in general, IV's, EV's and I know a couple of movesets for pokemon. The reason I really love pokemon is mainly the community, how large it is and how friendly everyone is, this is another reason why I want to get into competitive, to go out, Meet a ton of people and make plenty of new friends at tournaments and such.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, definitely.

Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, I think afetr the tutoring it will give me a huge confidence boost so that I can fell I can win the tourney.

25 Post: I am more of a lurker than a poster, and of course, this is my first time getting into competitive, so I don't actually know much about 90% of what goes on on the forums. I will certainly be trying to post more after I learn about most of the topics here, which will come from the 'battling 101' Tutoring. It will also boost my confidence so that I can go out and share my opinions on topics. I think I should be tutored because I am dedicated. I have spent countless hours looking at guides and tutorials, but yet I still have trouble in battle. I know I'm not the best, but I think with the tutoring, I can be. I think that the tutee program will help me immensely increase my team-building skills, prediction skills, strategy skills, and just general pokemon skills. I want to be able to go into match, knowing that I can win this if I play it right.

Last edited:
Ojama why do you keep saying round 81 when this is clearly round 82

Username
: Kavatika
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kavatika (PS only)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing LC for a while now, and I still feel like I'm not as good as I could be. I got tutored in round 80, but unfortunately my tutor and I couldn't get a lot of things done together (my tutor was treecko for reference), so I'm signing up again. I've had plenty of experience battling in general, and some experience in LC as well. More or less I feel like I need a tutor to teach me more about the metagame that I don't already know, and perhaps help me improve my teambuilding (specifically editing teams).
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: I might, although I feel like I should let others participate.

Username: Aquasition
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Aquasition
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Standard (GMT-5),
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers. If that isn't available, then ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started pokemon a long time ago, and I still love it. One of the tiers I have always been a fan of is ubers. Now, I'm actually decent in the fighting aspect, but my teambuilding aspect of competitive pokemon is below par. Also, I don't think I've quite got the hang of XY ubers. thank you! :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: No thanks.

I was also skipped over last round

Last edited:

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Inflikted
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Inflikted
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1;
Weekends: any time
Wednesday: from 2 pm to 11 pm
Other days: from 8 pm to 11 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I am a 19 years old engineering student from Italy! I play pokemon since DPPt, but I took a hiatus after the release of BW. I came back to competitive battling in september, and with the release of XY I fell in love with the new metagame. I am very active on pokemon Showdown, where I play on the ladder with decent results so far, but it seems I stopped improving. I would like to get a tutor because I want to break my limitations by learning new playstyles and improving my teambuilding and prediction skills, in order to become a more solid player overall. :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't know what exactly a tutee talk is, but I'm willing to do anything to improve, so yes!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: of course!

Last edited:
Username: Xelus Shnider
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Xelus Shnider
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, available around the clock really more tuned to afternoons, evenings, nights or late nights, can be tuned to fit a morning schedule on the lack of other responsibilities at the moment.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a gamer who's played the majority of mainstream pokemon games from the first to fourth generation of pokemon, while I did skip the fifth generation of pokemon after heavy recommendations I borrowed Pokemon Black to play through the game and realized that pokemon designs are not lackluster and for every bad design there is a good one. After my 5th gen in game playthrough I spent alot of time in october and early november watching BW/BW2 wifi battles from Blame Truth which got me interested in the competitve pokemon scene, as I am actually a pretty competitve player in games I love, Pokemon not being an exception

25 post count:
I've been looking into certain fundamentals for a few months through experimentation and research from a lot of strong battlers, I watched several team building guides from Smogons Battle 101 as of recent, a few beginner team building guides, and specific playstyle team building guides, yet at the same time I have a hard time applying these in practice and often I don't believe myself being able to build for success and when I go into matches I may take a resisted or immune hit on the switch, but I find myself having no sort of pressure due to a coverage move, and editting seems like a very strenuous thing that I can't seem to wrap my head around in some scenarios. Through this program I want to try and build and learn fundamental concepts all around, to be able to make a solid team fitting a certain playstyle while not perfect (No team can be perfect, right?) and be able to look at other peoples teams to understand how I want to approach a match, understanding the differences in risk vs reward while I'm battling to know what's safe and what turns out to be a risk that could cost me the game.

Username: Emi
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Emilet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 but VERY flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU/Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Played this game on/off for so many years. Still terrible. Hopefully with the help of a wonderful tutor this is the year I breakout.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of Course

Username:rhinopatomus
Pokemon Showdown: uchiwa, prince of ravens
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, I'm not always able to access pokemon showdown but I can access the forums with my phone
What tier do you want to learn?:XY Little Cup, XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I only recently started getting more active with Smogon and competitive battling recently. I really enjoy the strategy and tactics behind each tier and really would love to learn more.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: yes
Why I should be tutored (fewer than 25 posts): Because....Um.....I would be so grateful for the help! Also I think I'm an interesting person. If we want to make it a give and take, I got a lot of jokes to make up for the training.

Skipped last round

Last edited:
Username: asbdsp
Pokemon Showdown Username: asbdsp
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Evenings EST, weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Trying to make the jump from a PS OU battler to Legendary Status. Need to learn about higher level battling decision making, advanced team building, and forum integration. I'm a hardworking dude, who rather enjoys playing this game, especially since the advent of Gen VI.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

Username: Emnizzzle
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Emnizzzle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, weekdays are usually 4-11 and weekends can be just about any time (very flexible)
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, I'm Michael, and I'm 17 years old. I've been playing Pokemon for as long as I can remember, and watching it for even longer. I love Pokemon, and more so, I love competing. I'm involved in a lot of competitive things, actually. I play football, run track, and I'm on the Speech and Debate team. I plan on majoring in Physics/Engineering when I graduate. I bring a very competitive nature to all of the things I do, but I'm also very patient and persistent. I learn very quickly, and I'm very easy to get along with.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely

25 Post Count: I'm rather new to the site, but I've been sifting through its forums for quite a long time. I'm new to competitive, so I've done a load of research over the past few weeks. I spent a lot of time reading on this website, as well as watching videos on YouTube and reading guides on many other sites. I may not be the best, but I think I have the drive to be. However, I can't do this alone. I feel like a 1 on 1 tutor would definitely help me make leaps in my ability and knowledge, especially since Google can only do so much =P Like I mentioned earlier, I learn very quickly when I try. I've spent hours self-teaching, but I definitely think I'm ready for the next step. I taught myself all of the fundamentals, such as IV's and EV's. I made an account just to be able to participate in this program, and eventually be able to actively contribute to the site myself. I know I may not sound any different than most of the people posting in here, and that's fine. I just want to make myself the best battler I can be. I definitely hope I can receive a tutor =)

Username: Prosecutor Godot
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: RSM50
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a pretty big lurker on here, been playing since around the time Blaziken was banned in BW. I've been playing mostly casually on the mid to high end of the ladder for some time. While I think my knowledge of the metagame is just fine, I think my actual playing could use work. I also feel like I could use some help with teambuilding, a skill that I'm fairly poor in.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah

Username: Jin White
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: golurkk
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 (EST), usually available in the evenings & late nights
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU, XY OU, XY Doubles probably in that order
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm pretty chill, definitely driven to excel at competitive. I like writing dumb stories when I'm not lurking on Smogon. I started playing around BW2, but I feel most at home with XY. I have virtually zero experience with UU, so I'm happy to start from scratch there OR work to better my teamcrafting in OU, if possible.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely !
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes !

Username: mdust
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: mdust
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST/GMT -8; evenings and nights weekdays, varying times during weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY UU, XY LC (order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been playing competitively for about a year now, and have lurked on smogon since then. I played sparingly for the first few months, using only rmts, before playing more often and making my own teams through the past few months, to only limited success.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

I have less than 25 posts, but that is because I feel I do not have enough experience on the competitive pokemon scene, and would like to have more experience to back up my posts on the forum. I would be more likely to contribute to the forums once I felt I know enough to be a positive influence on the community.

I was skipped in round 81

Last edited:
Username: Shark Bait
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Garchomp Bait (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 6 (CST), usually available after 1730 when I get home from work.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, UU, and/or any of BW tiers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude. I tend to like strategy games and just recently found my way back to pokemon. I'm also a really nerdy (as probably evidenced by being here) gamer guy in general.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes! Except that's already started, so I think I'd rather do round 82

Lack of a post count: I'm fairly new to the community. I've been doing a lot of reading (there's so much to catch up on) and haven't quite gotten around to actually JOINING the conversations yet. That part is coming along once I've gotten past the initial absorption of all things here

Username: epicdrill
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: epicdrill
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, Monday 4PM-6PM, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 3PM-5PM (Thursday will be 4pm-6pm soon), Friday 8PM-midnight, Saturday any time but 2am-9am, Sunday 9am-10pm
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I rarely, if ever, play a video game that is not PS or A Link Between Worlds, and I pretty much play video games whenever I have free time, which, as you can see from above, I have a lot of. Out of the two, I play PS considerably more, although I would not consider myself skilled (Can't consistently stay above 1650 ELO, usually around 1600 ELO with my best team, with others I have trouble staying above 1600 ELO). My favorite class at school is Biology. I play guitar and piano.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely

Note: Was skipped in round 81.

Last edited:
Username: Ruffian
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ruffian
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Standard Time. Monday and Wednesday - 6-8:30 PM. Tuesday - Unavailable. Thursday - 4:30 - 8:30 PM. Friday - 3 - 10 PM. Weekends - all day.
Tell us a little about yourself: I play Pokemon, Team Fortress 2, and Modded Minecraft. I make dubstep and glitch hop music, and I go to school (hence the tight week schedule). Prepare for possible puns.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sorry, I think my schedule is a bit too cramped for that.

Username: eriados
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: eriados
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 4 PM to ~ 1 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU/ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: been playing on sims since late HGSS, recently gotten into the tournament scene, and i've been drawn to the older gens since they seem more balanced to me. I think being able to work with an experienced player would be the best introduction to the tiers. I also peaked top ten on the BW RU/NU ladders when they were active, and I'm active on IRC.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: yes

Username: DedenneOP
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mangosteen69
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (UTC/GMT -5), wednesday and thursdays 5-9pm, friday 4-6, sat. and sun. after 4pm (although weekends are generally not the best time), monday 4-8pm, and tuesday sometime after 6pm-8pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, and maybe XY Doubles or XY UU but mostly XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student who's into music, reading books and some (non-hardcore) gaming (like Minecraft). First game I ever played was Emerald, and to this day Gen 3 has a special place in my heart :) I would love to see/play a gen 3. remake. First game I ever owned was Black and I like Gen 5 (don't really understand why it gets hated on sooo much, it was a great Gen and it sucks that so many people missed out on it). Completed National Dex twice (in White 2 and X, without most unobtainables like mew and jirachi but also no pokegen whatsoever) and just recently got into competitive battling. I even remember a little of the Gen 5 metagame, but it's only now that I want to actually start battling online and trying to build a great team. First pokemon I ever EV trained was in White 2 (chandelure cause it was awesome) but only IV breed for the first time in pokemon X (cause my friend gave me a 6iv ditto :D). Aegislash was the pokemon in question. I've lurked a tiny bit recently (cause I only made my account about a month ago or so) as in, I've read the Analysis of several pokemon like talonflame, greninja and aegislash. My competitive knowledge is limited, although from lurking and friends I know most of the basic terms such as what a sweeper or wall is. I'm kind of a timid guy, but I'm generally easy to get along with. I don't have 25 posts yet, because I feel like my limited knowledge won't help anyone (and because I'm probably not used to the whole forum debate stuff). You should pick me because I'm hard-working and willing to learn stuff. :D I really want to succeed in competitive battling and that's why I'm here! (cause I want to know how to build a good, well-balanced and powerful team... I would say unstopable but that's probably not very likely so yeah).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:No idea what this is, but yeah, willing to do it.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Of Course!! :D

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Rohail
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rohail (PS only, but I can get PO and Shoddy if necessary)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (3:30-6:00 p.m. on weekdays and can work around on weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Canadian boy from Toronto who loves competitive Pokemon. I mainly play the lower tiers, specifically XY UU, but I know the ropes of XY OU and BW OU. I played DPP OU a little bit and really liked it, but since there isn't much traction for it, I didn't really play on. But now I really would like to get into the tier and compete in Smogon Tour Season 16 as well as contribute to DPP C&C.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely!

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Wyvern56
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Wyvern56 (so creative, I know) on PS!
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 CST. mostly Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, but I'm on and off on weekdays (after 5:00 PM though). With 9 days of spring break coming up in 2 weeks, I'm gonna be on almost all the time.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I first started competitive battling sometime at the start of BW2 OU and played on Showdown a little before I realized how much I sucked at it. After the announcement of XY, I lurked around the speculation thread for a long while before I created my account. After that, I hung out at the OU sub forum and created a thread or two there. I got Y at this time and started a trade shop offering Sneasels (so damn cute :3). I got back into playing on Showdown around then and started C&C and eventually joined the GP team. As of now, I'm working on contributing some more for da ladybug contribz and sharpening my UU skills (and what better way to do that besides being tutored?). I also made a crap art thread a while ago. In real life, I'm just you're average Houstonian Freshman in High School. I do homework and lurk around the forums a ton and GP when I can. Other than that, I don't do much outside chilling with my (new) friends in #xyuu on IRC.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, why not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)