Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Eradicator
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Eradicator, [Eradication], Unknown Soldier
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 11 AM - 4 PM, 8 PM - whenever I decide to go to sleep.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW Ubers / DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Not much to say. I like a ton of music and I've recently gotten into anime. I've been playing competitive pokemon since late 2009 with a couple of breaks, but I've only played BW OU for a little under 2 months. I'm a sports fan and my main issue that I would like to work on is team building.

Username:Battler3797
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Battler3797
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:MST, 10 AM-1 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have peaked in the top 10 twice on the smogon server for overused but havent been able to do it since the garchomp ban

Username:MLX
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:MLX
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5
Tell us a little about yourself: Overprediction's my biggest flaw

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Username: dragonuser
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [TW]dragonuser
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US est.... i think its gmt-5
Tell us a little about yourself: Ive been battling competitively for a little over 3 months and Im a pretty good battler but all my skills are self learned and I feel like the only way I can get better and get over this plateau is to actually learn from someone. Oh I also like basketball and lacrosse.

Username: XaperZ
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: XaperZ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: London GMT+0 - 3pm - 4pm and 6pm - 11pm
Tell us a little about yourself:Played Pokemon for a long time but always wanted to play online, and as my brother is too easy to beat, i want to learn competitive pokemon

Username: aussieman000
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: aussieman000
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Sydney GMT+10, Sunday all day, Monday - Wednesday 8am-4pm & sometimes 9pm till late.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: First real hobby was Yugioh TCG (shutup :P). Got kinda sick of all the imba shit Konami kept bringing out, and people were telling me about Shoddy Battle and the Smogon tiers. I already liked Pokemon so the switch was easy enough, and the official tiering system seemed pretty awesome. So I started playing casually around the end of Gen IV, post-mence ban.

I guess I'm an ok battler at the moment, but want to get more competetive. I have trouble with building a team from scratch, and my wins tend to be rather close if they're against good battlers.

Assigned to Stone_Cold

Username: ilebronz
Pokemon Online Username: 1104thomas/ lakai
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: us central time -6 gmt i believe? 4pm-11pm on week days
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a costa rican kid, who loves the game. I had an emergency with my mom she got very during the last round so i didn't get as much done as i'd like, so im singing up again hoping I get the chance to get tutored again. I know I signed up way too late, I just didn't see it when i checked last night..

Username: caesar63
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: caesar63
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: quite varied as im working 10-25 hours a week; wish i could put some hours that im always available but really cant as i work both morning and night shifts.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a Canadian maritimer that played gens 1 and 2 as a kid and just picked up a dsi and a copy of white about a month ago. Ive never done competitive battling before but have seen some youtube vids and would really like to get into it :p

Username: Max212
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Max21
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 5 PM-10 PM (usually when school ends and I'm done with homework.)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers (OU is first priority.)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Filipino kid that likes to hang out with his friends in real-life and online. I was a major lurker and occasionally rated peoples teams in the RMT forum in an attempt to be involved in this community. I began playing Pokemon a few years ago when I was pretty young, then I stopped and came back in the final days of DPP. I accept all advice/constructive criticism given to me and I try my best to improve from it. My all-time favorite playstyle is STALL, but I am not half bad at using offensive and balanced teams. I'm pretty good at team building and can predict somewhat effectively, but I would like to further my knowledge and be involved in the Smogon Community.

Username: EspyOwner
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: EspyOwner, Sandslash
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: whenever, really. Usually sleep from EST 12am-6am on average. Not going to school until the spring.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: 19 years old, amazingly average at competitive Pokemon. I'll hit a bump and not want to play a lot of the time. Would just be interesting to see what could come out of this. Also, user DC and I practically started competitive battling on Shoddy together, despite him being Spanish, and the fact remains that he still sucks.

Shoddy Username: LizardMan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 3:00 PM to 10:00PM, but I can be available other times or be flexible depending on what happens irl.
Tell us a little about yourself: I managed to get suspect test voting rights 3 times in BW OU, but I have been extremely busy as of late. I haven't been playing competitively much at all, and am in a major slump right now. I would like to be tutored in teambuilding in BW OU, but I feel confident at prediction and most metagame knowledge. Just need to catch up on what I missed in the last couple of months I guess and make myself a more solid player all around.

Username: Harpwn
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Harpwn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Normally on around 6-8 EST every day but Tuesdays/Thursdays
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been aware of competitive battling for a while but I haven't been serious about battling for a while. I want help in team building and in mid-battle strategy.

Username: Eos
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Eos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. Honestly whenever my tutor would like to work :)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a lifeguard at my local YMCA, captain of the swim team, and like to go biking/running. I enjoy spending time with friends, reading, relaxing, and of course playing online. I've been playing competitively for around 10 months now, and I enjoy the Pokemon community very much!

Username:leon2443
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:leon2443
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Mountain time zone 5:00pm-10:00pm but im flexible though
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am fairly new to the competitive world of pokemon and i am extremely excited to learn and grow! I participate in Younglife and i enjoy playing competitive yu gi oh card game. I like playing basketball and chillin with friends. I cant wait to learn all that i can.

Username: Xav
Pokemon Online/Shoody Username: Xav, Alt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10, weekdays after 3:30 ish and most of weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I got into competitive battling towards the end of DPP OU and was an average battler. I battled quite frequently in early BW OU but my activity has dwindled. I recently got into UU and would love to improve my overall games, especially my prediction skills and establishing a win condition. I have signed up for tutoring several times, but unfortunately not been allocated a tutor.

What the balls. It WAS 10 posts a day. Now you've got my balls in a vicegrip.

If you are STILL willing to take me...

Username:xxmoosexx
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: CallMeSucktard
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time- All day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, BW Ubers(from most important to least)
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I lift, play guitar, take schooling seriously, and enjoys nature. I like competitiveness and pokemon is full of it(inb4hax). I like to comment on RMT's. Got into pokemon before Mence was banned in 4th gen. Got around 1400 with offense team. You teach me and I will put in the time to make you proud. I will out-do all others and smash the competition if you put in the time to teach me. I will give everything to get better if you teach me and I appreciate it. I will try to make it as convenient for you as possible.

Username:darkie
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:darkie, kyle butler
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST I'm free p. much all day for the next week and then in the late afternoon/evenings after that. Weekends are always good!
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU (in that order)
Tell us a little about yourself: rey is mexican

but seriously, I play BW like it's DP so I run into some problems when I'm building teams as well as when I'm battling.

Username: Myrmidon
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Des_Myrmidon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern (GMT-5)
10PM-1AM weekdays, all day Saturday.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPPt UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing since early Gen1, and started dabbling into competitive partway through Gen3. I love the game, and I want to spread what I hope to learn from this into my local metagame. I'm tired of being tops locally due to a little more experience, and being one of the few to research.

I'm also LOVING BW OU and one of the few people who does, likely...I'm glad to see weather being a prominent aspect of battles outside Sandstorm.

I'm into game design and psychology...I love trying to read my opponent, and trying to lull them into mindgames...at least, locally I do; PO users don't seem that chatty :P

I want to half-heartedly request Bloo is a mentor (if he does this)...but primarily for comedic purposes than any REAL reason, and will be happy with whomever I get.

Username: Aeromence
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Aeromence
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10:00, and I'm normally available after 3.30, unless my idiot brother gets home first
What tier do you want to learn?: Standard BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm really sporty, I play Tennis, Australian Footy (cos I live in Australia), Basketball, and Futsal (Indoor soccer). I really love spamming Specstoed hydro pumps, and I don't build a team without a dragon

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: AfroThunderRule
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: AfroThunderRule, KGC Bomber, GameFAQs Noob, Sun Noob
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, I guess 3 PM-7 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU mainly, would like to learn some BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I suck.

Username: Krabs93
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Macbeth
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5(UScentral time) (2pm-11pm)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU(1 month worth of competitive experience)
Tell us a little about yourself: I just turned to the battling scene in which I had a lot of fun trying out for the smogon world cup team even though I wasnt that good. It encouraged me to learn more about battling and my goal is to make the smogon world cup team as well as becoming an OU suspect voter. Im basically dying to earn that checkmark as a voter :P. I get nervous while battling and it makes me very inconsistent. Im hoping the program will boost my skill and confidence as a battler

Im heading to college this upcoming school semester so im not too sure on how committed i can be. However ill try my best to have some free time in order to learn the BW OU metagame. The times might change based on clubs and activities

Username:Rudy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Rudy RUNS THIS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific / Anytime
Tell us a little about yourself: I wrastle at 160lb

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Tutor assignments are up. Make sure you send your tutors a PM to get started. For those of you that didn't receive a tutor, check back occasionally to see if you were given a tutor that offered to take on a second apprentice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)