Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username:WLDJ
Pokemon Showdown Username: Prof-Stein
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:5 pm - 3 am, EST
What tier do you want to learn?:BW NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've beaten 3 of the games. ...I'm really not that interesting. :p
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Under 25 Posts: I'm still very new to the mechanics of competitive battling, plus some of the "slang" used in the community still confuses me a little.

Username: Manectrifier
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Manectrifier
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1. I'm available from 1pm to 11 pm my time usually.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Dutch, I've been into competitive pokemon for I think a year now, and I want to get better. Atm, I can't really get past 1750 on the ladder. I like playing OU, NU, and OM's. I'd also like to integrate into these forums more.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

I was skipped last round

Username: crashandcortex
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: crashandcortex
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 0, available pretty much anytime of the day unless I'm out, which I'll make damn sure to specify.
What tier do you want to learn?: Any tier, though at one point I did practice BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I'm essentially your average 6th form student, been a Pokemon fan for life and have lurked the forums for a good 5-6 years since the days of late Advance trying to figure out the mechanisms of competitive Pokemon and how it really works in practice, and although I've done a lot of research on the topic, I've never 100% got it myself and would absolutely love the opportunity to learn how to properly play the game from the professionals. In addition to that, I'd also like to see how to improve my understanding of concepts such as prediciton, risk-reward and bluffing, which are things I've never fully understood and, once mastered, could be implemented to good effect not merely in Pokemon, but in other irl games as well. Outside of Pokemon, I'm also a huge fan of most Nintendo series, Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot, and enjoy watching Father Ted and The Muppets whenever I can. Bit of a social anomaly, but ehh, what can you do?
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely.
I was skipped over last round on that note.

SoulWind

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis the 6th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 32 Championwon the 9th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Username: SoulWind
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: SoulWind
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, mostly in the mornings and afternoons
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive Pokémon for 3 years, I like rock and pop music and I'm a great fan of football; I think I'm overall a nice guy and I know the Smogon system since a long time ago. Runner-up of the XV Edition of the Smogon Tour and won some tournaments over there. Wanting to learn NU for Grand Slam!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah

I'd like to have Zebraiken or EBeast as my possible tutors if that's okay

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Username: CBTerrakion
Simulator/IRC Username: cbt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -4, 9 am-1 am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: been playing competitive mons for about a year and a half, enjoy various kinds of music (alternative, metalcore, etc), and am signing up for this because id like to learn lc for grand slam and could use some teambuilding advice
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: y

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: FireMage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: FireMage / Bland / Limited
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 (UK) - My Availabilty varies.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I mostly play in tours...which are predominantly OU Tier which I've never really excelled at. I'd like to get at least one tour win beore the year is out and'll need help doing it. (Also actually participate and do well in Official tours to). I'm 21 and have a wide variety of interests.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Username: Sampasav
Pokemon Showdown Username: SampasavMan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt 0 I'm on nearly all the time.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I really don't do much but I would love to be taught competitive battling and know how to build my teams right without failing to notice large weaknesses in my teams and how to get it all together. On another note I have just recently finished High School.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Just wanted to thank everyone for the great turnout. As always, some of the time zones were hard to matchup, but we did the best that we could. If you are having issues meeting with your tutee, mention that in your tutee thread, and we'll give you priority next round.

You are required to make a tutee talk thread within one week, no matter if any lessons have taken place or not. You will be subbed out for another applicant if no thread is made.

Tutor - Tutee (Metagame)

Delko - North (BW2 OU)
plus - detroitwillfall (BW2 OU)
Dice - Ace Attorney (BW2 OU)
Ace Emerald - Don Honchkrorleone (BW2 UU)
Remedy - Manectrifier (BW2 OU)
Somalia - crashandcortex (BW2 UU)
BKC - Zukai (DPP OU)
TEzeon - Quickbobhero (BW2 OU)
prem - kingmitus (BW2 LC)
HSA - Teravoltage (BW2 Ubers)
MOET - Sapientia (BW2 OU)
Molk - Feranfell (BW2 RU)
Funkasaurus - Laurel (ADV OU)
dragonuser - Thursday (BW2 OU)
Stone Cold - Audiosurfer (DPP OU)
yee - Santuga (BW2 OU)
Jirachi - Fabulous but Lazy (BW2 OU)
Zebraiken - Rayleigh (BW2 NU)
Windsong - Hichez (BW2 OU)
EonX- - Psylink (BW2 RU)
Ojama - Vashta (BW2 OU)
Kidogo - Archivesdomain (BW2 OU)
Ebeast - SoulWind (BW2 NU)
The Great Mighty Doom - Schoom (BW2 OU)
Hot N Cold - GamerAse (BW2 RU)
Raseri - WLDJ (BW2 NU)
Silvershadow234 - The Unlucky One (BW2 RU)
Annoyer - JirachiCelebiMew (BW2 NU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)