Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Pachu
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pachu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3, after 7:00pm (my timezone)
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU, B/W Uber
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing the main games since RBY (i skipped GEN III, I don't know why) and knew this competitive scenary of pokémon a while after I got Diamond. Since then I've been lurking forum and website. I want a tutor because I can't seem to make a good team (I almost always get my ass kicked in P.O.).

Username- indian
PO username-indian/aman
Age-16
Time zone and usual hours of availability- GMT+5:30,7:00pm-9:00pm
What tier do you want to learn-BW OU, BW NU
About me- I am a student of 12th standard and i love pokemon very much. I have been lurking forums for a little while but made an account recently. I want to be an engineer and the very best........
Under 25 posts explanation- I am too new to have over 25 posts. I was too late for round 61. I am a new player so i need some help from the veterans in playing the game.

Username: Im Hayden Kay
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ImHaydenKay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST 3:00pm - 11:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?: Standard BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing Pokemon since the release of Red and Blue. My real name is Hayden, and the way Youtube works, I eventually got recommended videos by Haydunn. I immediately became fascinated by the online side of my favorite childhood past time. I want to be tutored because I know next to nothing about the metagame, and have only practiced on PO with a random team.

Under 25: I felt like posting anything on Smogon without prior online knowledge would make me look REALLY stupid.

I forgot about this, so I probably am too late to be picked ._.

Username: NickiNor2
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:NickiNor2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST -5 GMT Mon-Thur: 3-10 PM Fri+Sat: ALL DAY Sun: 12 AM - 10 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a long-time Pokemon fan and have recently gotten into competitive battling. I have made teams previously, but they have never been truly powerful. I am a very friendly person and I love to learn new things about Pokemon. Any tutoring would be greatly appreciated.
Y U NO HAVE 25 Posts: I don't feel at the moment I can contribute much to the community, but if I advance my skills more I will feel better about my input. i really like the community here, but I need more help to really know what I'm doing.

SKIPPED IN ROUNDS 60 + 61...Don't make me miss another :'(

Username: Nick81395
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Nick81395
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, available from 3:30 PM - 12:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since I was 6, starting with Pokemon Yellow, and eventually beating every game including spin offs. I've been interested in competitive battling for years, and have finally decided to do something about it. I'm a 2nd Dan black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and Pokemon takes up most of my free time. Ive tried many Wifi battles, and can't seem to win any of them, so I would like to have an opportunity to learn and get better!
I have less than 25 posts: As I said, I'm new to the Pokemon scene, and have never successfully battled and beaten anyone yet. I haven't had this account for long, so haven't had the chance to do much with it.

Username:Royce Law
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Royce
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:PST, 4 PM-10PM
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and/or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am new to this website (I made my account specifically for this program) and have been an avid pokemon player ever since I can remember. Since a few years ago, I have been a poke breeder (IV's, Natures, Shinies and the such) and have much experience in constructing movesets, but not so much teams. Recently starting competitive battling, I have hit a road block that I wish to overcome through a tutoring program such as this.

Under 25; Without having knowledge to contribute, I felt it was unnecessary.

Username: CAPS alt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: CAPS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+5½ 9am to 9pm
What tier do you want to learn? : BW OU/BW Ubers/BW UU/Adv OU/DPP OU/BW NU/ BW RU in order of preference.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m just your average school kid who likes to play Pokemon. I really want to get better so that I can satisfy my competitive spirit. Other than that I’m pretty good at chess. I am a good learner I just need to get the hang of this.
Why I should be tutored: I don’t have many posts because most of what I say turns out to be wrong and I sometimes don’t understand whats being talked. I am a long time lurker though and I just read through everything. I’ve been on Smogon for almost a year now and I think I need to take it to the nest level, beyond simply reading analysis.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Audiosurfer
Pokemon Online Username: Audiosurfer
Timezone and hours of availability: CST 5-9 pm
What tier would you like to learn: BW OU, BW Ubers, or LC (in order or preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a student, I love to read hang out with friends, watch tv, and game, among other things. I play Yugioh (you can find me under the same username on Pojo) and I recently started playing competitive pokemon.
Less than 25 posts: I haven't posted much since I've been doing mostly research (Reading articles on the Black and White page on Smogon, successful RMTs, articles in the Smog, etc). I've been able to get the basics, however, I'd like to be able to take my skills to the next level, which is why I'd like to be chosen.

Username: RedMeowth
PO Username: Ryu-Kage
Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time
Hours of Availability: 7PM - 1AM most days aside from Monday (not available Mondays)
What Tier would you like to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, DPPt OU (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to play Pokemon a lot more often when I was in college because there were actually other people to play against (this was in 4th-Gen). I haven't played a lot of Pokemon for a while now, but I'd like to get back into it and think Battling 101 would be a fantastic boost back into the swing of things. I think I'm pretty good at battling, but any advanced strategy would be appreciated, and some teambuilding advice would be cool, too. I've been drawing for pretty much as long as I can remember and want to be a concept artist for game companies (or animation). Not much luck on that front so far, sadly.

I tried to apply for Round 60 and missed. I completely missed my chance to apply for Round 61.

Username: GKhan

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: GrandKhan

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central, all day, any day for next week. After that, I'll be available from 6 pm - 12 am on weekdays, and all day on weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: 5th Gen OU, VGC if there's time.

Tell us a little about yourself: I just finished my 2nd year of college as a biochemistry and philosophy double-major. I enjoy playing squash and swimming, as well as just hanging out or partying with friends. I've been a big fan of the pokemon series since RBY, and I've recently gotten quite into RNG manipulation. I already play a few matches per day on Pokemon Online, but I have trouble getting above 1200, and that's why I'm here.

By the way: I applied for a tutor in Round 61 and did not get one.

Username:Scubasteve23
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Scubasteve23
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central Time. Available very frequently
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a 18 year old high school graduate and have been playing since I got red and blue as a birthday gift when it first came out. I don't participate much in the forum because I feel like there's very little I can contribute and that's why I want to learn more. I've always been told I'm a very quick learner and can take constructive criticism very well.

Username: Vintage Books
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Vintage Books, Amelia Pond (mainly)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10 but i'm quite flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: BWOU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm single and a love long walks on the beach, classy champagne and cuddles in bed. (ive been playing competitive for two years, but I focus on lower tiers, mainly NU and RU. I would love a hand in BW OU because of the pure size of the tier, and difficulty to pick up on my own.)

Username: xXMasterSealXx
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SDragonSeal (Pokemon Online, none at Shoddy)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8; 5PM - 10PM everyday
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an incoming 3rd year college student who loves to play sports such as Floorball. I've been battling since RSE, but I only decided to take it a little more seriously during DPPt.

I believe I should be tutored even if I have less than 25 posts since I am a fast and eager learner. I've wanted to contribute to this site a long time ago, but knowing that I don't know that much, I want to learn from the pros so that I may be able to share any new-found knowledge, especially "innovations" that I may be able to introduce, with the Smogon Community.

Username: Mushroomist
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [PK]Sir. Aaron
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+12 4-9pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a new player to competitive really, huge fan of pokemon though, been playing since before i can remember c: also, i love the legend of zelda! c: so yeah, i forgot sign ups were put up this morning /:

Username: pavak
Pokemon Online:[Team Neo]Pavakk or [Team Neo]Pavak/Test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 5.5 and im available every day
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey guys im new to smogon forums but not too competitive battling. Ive got a very high ranking on PO Beta and my [Team Neo]Pavak/Test alt has 1515 points

Username: ¬Itachi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [SS]Itachi, i use Pokemon Online
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, usually i'm avaiable every day
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi guys, I'm 19 years old, and I would like to increase my knowledge in this metagame. From the beginning, I always found interesting this metagame, because it has many combos perform in every match, new Pokemon to use, but unfortunately I was not able to develop it well, and this limits the way I fight. So, I decided to enroll in this round to improve myself as a battler, and learn a lot from the experts.

Username: bubbly
PO nicks: numerous; usually bubblytest# or something random
Availability: I'm GMT+8, got a break from uni for the next month so I'm free 10am-9pm nearly every day.
Tier: BW OU
Personal info in case you want to stalk me: First year student at Curtin Uni in Western Australia, doing a Journalism / Writing double major. Also play a lot of tennis and some piano concerts when I can be bothered practising. In terms of pokemon I think I'm a solid player / teambuilder, I'd appreciate a tutor who likes spending a lot of time putting teams together (especially more defensive teams).

Also: I got skipped over in the past 3 rounds so I guess I have priority? I know my timezone doesn't match with a lot of the tutors but like I said I'm going to available for most of the day so it shouldn't be too difficult to meet up.

Username: Celsius
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Celsius
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4
What tier do you want to learn?: BW NU or BW Uber or BW Lc
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a future student and a football player. I'm also a graphist with a semi amateur level. I am a competitor but I do not forget human values ​​that makes the games funny .

Username: MXIIA
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MXIIA/MXIIA
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - between 6PM and 10 PM on weekdays and 12PM to 10PM on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I just graduated high school having taken 16 AP classes. My efforts were good enough to get me into an Ivy League school. I've been into competitive battling since the release of Gen IV (I even put this on my college applications :P) but have not gotten into Gen V at all. I am a programmer (PHP mainly), Linux enthusiast since 2008, and have a VERY math biased mind. I've earned a near perfect score on the SAT Math multiple times.

Username: Asuya.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Asuya / El Lay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, 4:00PM-2:00AM
Tell us a little about yourself: I play competitive pokemon since june 2009, I am a member of Team Italy for the DPP OU and BW OU tournaments.

Username: Manav95
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MANAV
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4:00 2:00-8:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I joined Smogon in 2010 and had little success battling. I have come back and have decided to go into battling again. I live in Georgia and wish to improve my battling.

Username: Cristal
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Cristal / SUICUNE
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm in holiday so I'm almost always available before July. Mostly between 4:00 pm and midnight.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW NU or BW LC priority, maybe BW UU if there is no one
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a law student who started playing competitively early 2007. I'd like to learn the "low tiers" which I've never experienced, in order to be competitive for the Smogon Grand Slam.

Bryce

Lun
Username: White symphoni
Pokemon Online Username: White symphoni
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+6, Don't have a fixed one.Usually 5:50-7:30 pm and 11:00AM -12:15 AM.On friday and saturday i'm available 11:30-3:30.Other than that i might adjust.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU,DW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old class 8 students.I've been in competitive battling for about 2 months but have known of it for about a year.I'm a bit lazy and i like to chat with people.
EXPLANATION:I have lower than 25 posts because i'm new and tend not to post unless I'm confident as i'm not an experienced battler.That's why i want to be tutored so i can become a decent player in a short time and friends with skilled battlers.

Username: KOTR
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: KOTR
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern, most days. I'm a cashier and I work a couple scheduled days a week plus whenever they need someone to fill in.
What tier do you want to learn?: UU, Monotype, or where ever Cacturne is playable.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Cam. Uh. I'm a 21-year-old cashier. My favorite Pokemon is Cacturne. I've been playing Pokemon my entire life. I've been playing competitive Magic: The Gathering for probably about two years.
You have less than 25 posts, why should we tutor you?: Honestly, I don't have many posts because I don't know enough about Pokemon to base an opinion on. Plus, I'm not much for miscellaneous forums like music or the anime. I tried a post in the Monotype thread, but nobody responded (probably my fault).

Username: BloodBerry
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ShadowSheikah
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern. I work a night shift so I'm available about mid-day 2pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 22 year old Safety Officer and have been a fan of Pokemon my entire life and also have been a huge fan of Nintendo m entire life. Luckily I know all the terminology of competitive battling but I just don't know enough about the tiers to make anything work. I really would like to get to know the ins and outs of the strategic element of competitive battling and how the tier I want to learn works. I also play Yu-Gi-Oh competitively and I have been learning Martial Arts for the past two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)