Apprentice Program - Round Twenty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
SOMETHING NEW THIS ROUND!

An apprentice tournament, run concurrently with the normal tutoring term, is going to take place this round! The first 16 apprentices who indicate their desire to participate in their sign up post will be given a spot... just respond "yes" to the tournament participation question included in the format given below.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to make the deadlines for this tournament; there will be no extensions of any kind. If you do not have the time to get assigned matches done promptly, it would be better for you to wait for a different round. Blue Kirby will be administering the tournament, and it will be managed in this forum. Be sure to pay attention to updates here to stay current on the proceedings! All standard rules apply, check out the Tutoring Tournaments page on the site for rules information! If you have questions about the tournament itself, Blue Kirby is your contact.

This round will last for 3 weeks, until August 16, 2008

We are ready to begin Round Twenty Nine of the tutoring program, which will focus SOLELY on D/P OU standard battling; If you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

This round will last for 3 weeks, until August 16, 2008

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Experience level*:A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

I will begin assigning all tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Twenty Nine Matchups:

Jackal - ShadowSaber
Calciphoce - Too_Hungry35
IggyBot - Ayashi
Brawlex - camelman00, Fabbles
Max - santeria
Judgement - StarmanXL
zerowing - Rhykune
DawnBringer - sg111
jrrrrrrr - Volren
Ancien Régime - jaaddahaka
JabbaTheGriffin - Da Letter El
Taylor - FightForFun
Blue Kirby - Pharaoh
imperfectluck - Umbreon-dana
maddog - xat
husk - dragonites
Great Sage - Coconut Storm
Aeroblacktyl - Tsuki Tourou
Havak - Insanity_X
Mystica - Legacy Raider
TAY - HABACHI
Maniaclyrasist - Elliotpwnz
KinglerDude24 - Celebi_trainer_ice
Ryo - skyfox500
MS - Athrosu
CaptKirby - Mr. Happy

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

Assigned to Jackal

Shoddy Battle nick: -Saber-, ShadowSaber
Time zone: GMT - 5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I can be online from 1am to 10pm
Do you want to play in the tournament:
Yes
Experience level: I've been playing Shoddy Battle for a while now, and I like to think I'm an average player. I'm not so good at making teams though, and my prediction could use some work.

Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle nick: Too_Hungry35
Time zone: I don't really know anything about time zones.. If you guys can calculate, I live in California?
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): All day long.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No.
Experience level*:A little about myself: My experience level is pretty... iffy. People say I have good predictions skills, but I don't think so. =P. I'm willing to learn just about everything from building a solid team to learning how to battle against opponents and also to have the confidence in myself when I battle and not panic either.

Assigned to IggyBot

Shoddy Battle nick: Ayashi
Time zone: (GMT -5:00)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 12pm - 4pm, 12am - 2am.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? sure why not :P
Experience level*: Not too experienced to be honest. I just started getting serious about competitive battling a few months ago and am hoping to learn some of the basics.
A little about myself: Well other than competitive battling I like playing other video games mostly RPG's.

Assigned to Brawlex

Shoddy Battle nick:Marvel_Maniac
Time zone:central i dont know the GMC thing
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): um im usually on at around 11:00 - 9:00 but im starting school on the 4th so 5:00 - 9:00 on those days
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
um no Experience level*:A little about myself: I'm a decent player wat i really need help with is team buidling and battling
i know how to breed well and i know how to Ev train and all that stuff

Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: santeria
Time Zone: Central -1 (Is this right for Chicago time?)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Probably from 9:30 PM -2:00 AM or from 11 AM to 2 PM most days.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: While I've lurked here for a while, I started battling competitively a couple of weeks ago. As such, I was able to do pretty well on the official server, but as of now, I'm stuck in the 1400s, and the Smogon server's tougher competition has exposed my limited skills in battling. My biggest weakness is probably team-building. What seems to work on paper never quite seems to work out in practice. Also, my prediction could use some work, and I find that my creativity is lacking. Most times, I'll copy and paste Smogon sets for Pokemon, only with a move changed or EVs in both Def. and Spc. Def. for my bulkier Pokemon. I'm easy to teach, and I'll take any criticism necessary in order to be the best that I can be.

Assigned to Judgement

Shoddy Battle nick: StarmanXL
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Quite arbitrary, although I'm available pretty much any time Mon-Wed, Thursday mornings, and every other Sunday.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Sure, why not?
Experience level: I've been playing D/P since it came out in April of last year and, while I've become pretty good at doubles (my preferred metagame), I still suck at standard. I understand EVs, IVs, and all that good stuff, but I still lack good prediction and team building skills. I was in the program once before, but because my schedule was incompatible with that of my tutor, Silver610, I wasn't able to get much done.
A little about myself: I'm your average nerd, truth be told. In addition to playing D/P, I like to watch anime and play video games. I'm attempting to teach myself the guitar and I've been trying to work on my writing so I can make something worth publishing. Oh, and concerning D/P, I usually play Doubles as I've said, so if my tutor wanted to play in the off hours or had any experience with that as well...

Assigned to zerowing

Shoddy Battle nick: Rhykune
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1-3 PM, 9PM-1AM
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: Pretty good. I know how to build teams pretty well and predict a bit, just sometimes I don't know what to do in certain situations. Cracked the top 50 on the official server before the new one, but I have taken a bit of a long break. I have been tutored by Iggybot and IPL before and umm... kinda AJC, so I would like someone different. .

Assigned to DawnBringer

Shoddy Battle nick: SG111
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours: 2-9 PM (somewhere in there usually)
Experience level*: Somewhat good, but I feel that there is more I need to understand. Also, my team making might not be good either. Either that, or my predictions
A little about myself: I enjoy playing games competitively as long as there is some fun in it

Assigned to jrrrrrrr

Shoddy Battle nick: Volren
Time zone: Mountain
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): This is kinda iffy since I work a shift job, and hours change every week. I can probably be on every night, but the times will change. I'm hoping there will be a mentor that can accommodate this. The latest I could ever come on after work would be around 1:15 AM Eastern, if that's any help.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes.
Experience level*: I'm pretty much the noobiest of noobs. I only started playing Pokemon when I got a DS last Christmas, and I've only been playing competitively for a couple months. I think I'm getting the hang of most aspects of competitive play and team building, but my prediction skills still totally stink for the most part.
A little about myself: I'm pretty laid back, for the most part. I'm a pretty avid gamer, and mostly enjoy RPGs. I'm also a big Lakers fan, so please don't pair me with jrrrrrrr >.>

Tutor Program Apprenticeship

Assigned to Ancien Régime

Shoddy Battle nick: jaaddahaka

Time zone:
Central [Central Illinois]

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
VirtuallyGuaranteed at 6 PM Eastern or after, to about 12 AM on weekdays. I can probably make more time with some coordination on the matter

Do you want to play in the tournament:
Yes.
Experience level*:
I've obtained all the Emerald Battle Frontier Gold Symbols, but that was quite a while ago. I've never had any trouble with the elite four and I've beaten Palmer at the Battle Tower in both of his incarnations.
A little about myself: Getting bored with the DP Battle Tower drove me to download and install ShoddyBattle. I won a few matches, but lost a few too. The experience is exciting, so I'd like to become a little better if possible.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Battle nick: Da Letter El, mastircheese
Time zone: CDT (So odd for me that I'm on vacation for the time I'm applying)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Hmmm...11:30 PM-2:30 AM every day, other times vary.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yesor no? I have to leave near the end of the program :(
Experience level*:A little about myself: I liek basketball, am a big Lakers fan, and have been battling competetively for about 4 months. I need more team building and team unity help as well as better prediction. I got to the semis of the apprentice tourney in apprentice 26(?). Please no jrrrrrrr. He did a great job tutoring me for 10 minutes that last time.

Assigned to Taylor

Shoddy Battle nick: FightForFun
Time zone: GMT + 0
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2PM / 3PM and later in the afternoon
Experience level*:N00b. Can't build one single solid team and can't play well. Willing to learn from an PRETTY online tutor ( not like the last round's one ).

CumpZ

EDIT : Don't give me Spaniard. He is NEVER on. He never helped me last round.

Assigned to Blue Kirby

Shoddy Battle nick: Pharaoh
Time zone: GMT +2 DST atm
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): usually 3-11 EST, with breaks and sometimes i'm on earlier and sometimes later, but that's the regular.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?: Yeah sure
Experience level*:A little about myself: I am one of the very good players at RSE, Some people from NB recognize my skill, I am one of the best RPGers there. I really haven't shifted no matter how i try, i can't get used to anything in DP. I need someone to help me in team building, and to guide me through the metagame shift. Because honestly, The days of me being one of the great players have passed, now i'm one of the newbies. I can learn quickly, I'm nice to whoever is nice to me. And i just think i could end up with great results here.

~ Pharaoh

thanks ^_^

Edit: I would much prefer it if BK(that is if he still tutors) tutors me, As knowing him I can fully trust him. it's not a big deal though.

Assigned to imperfectluck

Shoddy Battle nick: Umbreon-dana
Time zone: Eastern US
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 12:00PM-9:00PM on weekdays*, 12:00PM-11:55ishPM on Satudays, 12:00PM-9:00PM on Sundays. Time usually varies, I do other things aswell, like play Melee.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes.
Experience level: I'm fairly above average in the battle departments, I can make some predictions now and then, but get murdered when I'm outpredicted. I usually use BL/UU Pokemon, its just a personal preference and a nice challenge. I may occasionally pull a random NFE team, Azelf, Vaporeon, or Jolteon out my well... *cough* I have a good experience with team building, and just by looking at a Pokemon's base stats and movepool, I can create an original moveset for it. I really just need to work on prediction and countering Skarmblisscress, Paraflinchkiss, and Ttar under Sandstorm. I am always on the official server, but I can register accounts on other servers if needed.
A little about myself: I divided these up so the post looks neater and easier to read. I am an artist by heart, I prefer spending my time alone, with a good pencil and my Sketch Book to playing sports. I'm also the "middle point" between steryotypes of teens, I'm a geek, but I'm open about it, and have admitted it in public on several occasions, I have plenty of friends, and I like to read. I'm also at a tendency to rant and type fast, so I make some odd typos, like Skamory. Also not a big fan of "1337 $P33K", I am studying Japanese, and can transcribe words into Katakana with ease. I'm also a author, so I bust out a fic occasionally. I am usually forgetful, so I have to keep a reminder to myself to do things before it becomes part of my daily routeen (sp?). I think that's enough info...

*My computer's Internet Explorer is not working (and on top of that, my mom won't let me get FireFox), but Shoddy still does, so in order to contact me, you are going to have to PM me there from 12:00PMish-4:30PMish (Time I wake up, till time mom gets home, her Laptop has a working IE). I can, however, be reached online after 4:30PMish. I hope there's a tutor that can work with this.

Assigned to maddog

Shoddy Battle nick: megax
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Various Times *On more often because of summer break*
Experience level*: I think I am fairly decent and my prediction skills are ok but not great. I would say I need serious help with team building. I've been using the same team for over 3 weeks now >_>. I want to be able to build myself a well rounded team. I guess I don't know squat about synergy, which movesets are appropriate, and which natures are needed. =/
If its at all possible i would like to request Gormenghast, Iggybot, Husk or Aeroblacktyl as my tutor. Thank you.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Assigned to husk

Shoddy Battle nick: dragonites
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): all day
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level*: I'm pretty decent. I've been tutored before but I'd really like to learn some new playstyles.
A little about myself: I'm currently going into the 11th grade. I'm 6'2 and the county's highest high jumper at the moment. I recently opened a trade thread with partner Kratos215 and it's been going good. I'm a big Joker fan.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Great Sage

Shoddy Battle nick: Coconut storm
Time zone: est
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): all day
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: i like to use strange and out of the box teams

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick: Fire Praiser
Time zone: GMT-4(EST?)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6 PM to 12 AM
Experience level*: Well, jrrrrrr, along with other people, have said I'm good and I just have a few problems, but I still feel I can learn even more.

A little about myself:
Ain't got much to say, but the fact that I'm actually on the Finals of the last round, so I SHOULD be ok...I still think my rating is 7/10~Requesting Taylor as my tutor, if not possible, husk.

Note: My battle still hasn't been executed, and the deadline is up to August 1st, so I don't know whether or not I can't sign up.If I can't, tell me.

Assigned to Havak

Shoddy Battle nick: Insanity_X
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9:00 onwards (with breaks for meals)
Experience level: I think of myself as a decent battler, nowhere near the best but definately not the worst. I've played pokemon on the hand helds since RBY came to England, and each generation since then. I've played competitively since the ADV generation on Netbattle and I have continued to do so on Shoddy, however i'd like to learn how to improve my game beyond what i can learn from trial and error and gleaning information from my opponents.
A little about myself: well there's not much that i can say about myself really, I'm not really into sports, i'm a devout atheist and for my AS Levels i'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology. At university I hope to do pharmacy.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Mystica

Shoddy Battle nick: legacy_raider
Time Zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours: 6PM-10PM, 12AM-2AM
Experience Level: Experienced UU player if it helps. I'm an average OU battler, winning around 60% of my matches and on the Official server I had a rating of around 1400. I haven't played much OU since the smogon server went up. I find it difficult making up new teams but I think my prediction skills are quite good.
A little about myself: I like playing sports but hate watching them. I love playing basketball and really wish it was more common in the UK. Normally laid back but I can get very competitive. That's about it.

Assigned to TAY

Shoddy Battle nick: HIBACHI(Smogon server) and InfamousB4L(Official Server)
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Im free most of the time but i would say from 7 est - 10
Experience level: Im a pretty good player I beat the average players, and give the good players a run for there money but usually dont come out on top. Ive given top smogners like bkk tough battles and have been very close to winning but like i said, I beat the average lose to the great =/, won a few small tourneys. Beat the average battlers, but not at the level to beat the real good players. =/ Think I need a little team building help, but then again I think I need a little help in everything lol.

A little about myself: Not much to say,I play highschool varsity basketball, and I'm in a GB Call Of Duty clan. I also play golf =/. Doing that stuff has been my life in the summer lol. I signed up for tutoring before and got Seph, but he quit 1 day in for MLG halo

Assigned to Maniaclyrasist

Shoddy Battle nick: Elliotpwnz
Time zone: eastern (im not sure what gmt that would be but North Carolina to be precise.)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8 PM - 12 AM (If anything comes up, I might have to change some things)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level*:A little about myself: I have only just gotten past the pokemon league and have gotten a few legendaries. My goal is to finally reach out into the online world because up till now, I have been an offline person. I have little to no experience in making teams or good battling. Eventually I want to join a clan without being nervous =)

CTI

black
Assigned to KinglerDude24

Shoddy Battle nick: lolwut/lolsup
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Basically all day
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level*:A little about myself: I'm fairly decent. I hate to lose, and this program has helped me before, but I need to get better.

Assigned to Ryo

Shoddy Battle nick: Skyfox500
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3-4:00 P.M.
Experience level*: Experienced with in-game, but new to competitive battling
A little about myself: I like reading and video games, adventure and rpg's in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)