Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: NatDex OU

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
B101 Leader

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for NatDex OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

Current Tutors:
Guard
Jordy
Kaitlyn
Sevelon
sigmatecture
Sputnik
Yugon

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up. If you do not reach that threshold, you will likely be skipped.
    • This is not a hard requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, but if you want to ensure you are compliant and you wish to attain 15 posts before applying, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited:
assigned to Kaitlyn

Username: Optify
PS! Username: Optify
Your timezone: -5 gmt
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime from 9 am - 3 pm on weekdays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started off around 2018, and played ubers for a while before moving to bh and eventually natdex overused, from there i've just been chilling in the room and playing the occasional ssnl / team tour
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited by a moderator:

WSun1

treasure the experience
assigned to Kaitlyn

Username: WSun1
PS! Username: I Lack Cranium
Your Timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing USUM 1v1 in 2018 before shifting to USUM AG. Ever since then, I've played an extensive amount of USUM/Natdex/Galar AG and have participated in tournaments as well. I hope to expand my horizons into the lower tiers and NatDex OU seems like a great place to start.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username: TenSpeedTricycle
PS! Username: TenSpeedGXE

Your Timezone: GMT -8

Usual Hours of Availability: Mornings/Afternoons, depends on the day

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played for a while but mostly casually. I like to think I'm not terrible at battling but I am always open to improvement. I got deep into Gen 6 NU and Monotype but stopped playing when Gen 7 came out. I recently just got back into it this month, and would be eager to get some training from a pro. Anyway, I've been having fun in Gen 8 NatDex and that's probably where I could use the most improvement in.

lei

so strange
is a Top Artist
assigned to Sevelon

Username: lei
PS! Username: lei (i don't have any ladder games on this, if you need any proof that i've played lots lmk)
Your timezone: gmt -8
Usual Hours of Availability: afternoons
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): hmm... i first got on ps around 2018, playing a lot of sm ou. i've never been all that good, though. i then transitioned to 1v1 which i've been playing and maining for about a year. i want to switch to natdex ou, because all my friends play it and it looks fun!
Are you able to use Discord?: yep
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yep!

Dorron

Hosting a lot of things.
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Assigned to Kate

Username: Dorron
PS! Username: Dorron
Your timezone: gmt+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Some afternoons / midnight
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing on PS in September 2018. Have reached top ladder lately in SM Ubers and Mono, as well as DPP OU. Reached R8 in SM RU's last fall seasonal. I've been playing DPP these last few months more seriously and doing decently. I am still pretty bad but I know I can improve a lot.

Solaros & Lunaris

You’ve been down too long in the midnight sea
is a Community Contributor
assigned to Sputnik

Username: Solaros & Lunaris
PS! Username: Solaros & Lunaris
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: After 5 PM on weekdays, free on all weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I began seriously playing SM OU in 2019, before switching to National Dex following Sword and Shield’s release. I haven’t really had tournament or ladder success, but I was on council following the Big 5 ban up until recently. While my building skills are sharp, I feel as if I’m not able to properly battle, as I struggle to win even in good matchups.

omicorio

formerly omi ♥️
assigned to sigmatecture

Username: omi
PS! Username: omiARTIST
Your timezone: GMT -6
on weekends, basically the entire day, on school/weekdays from 3 pm (my time) to 11pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitive mons seriously for the past 2 years but only recently started using the Smogon forums. I mostly play older gens with the exceptions being Doubles Ubers and occasionally 1v1.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, 90% of my day is spent on it

Assigned to Optify

Username: Edstur98
PS! Username: Edstur98
Your timezone: GMT-6
Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday past 10 A.M.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started battling in August 2019. Started by playing Gen 7 OU on ladder joining little PL's on Amino. Then came to smogon and don't really accomplish much recently got to round 4 of SM OU winter seasonal and thats about it.

assigned to Yugon

Username: adsam
PS! Username: speedysucc
Your timezone: gmt+8
Usual Hours of Availability: whole day on weekends, and 5pm-8pm on weekdays bc of hs
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started comp mons at the start of USUM and mainly played OU, UU and Ubers, but i wasn’t as serious then as I am now, although I did actively ladder to high ladder on all 3 formats. With the arrival of Natdex, I have started focussing more on competitive pokemon, actively building teams and joining room tours, and as of late have joined, and have qualified for Round 4 of the ND SSNLS in the Winners Brackets, and have joined the Natdex Monotype Tournament. Hoping to join more tourneys in the future, and always open to learning!
Are you able to use Discord?: Yep, spend most of my day on it.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup

noobon best tutor very pog

Last edited:
Username thegarbodr
PS! Username natdex garbodr 2
Your time zone GMT+5
Usual Hours 7 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competive Pokemon min 3 sentences i started pokemon at augst 2018 started playing with my sister ubers and i got top ladder in ubers and started some gen 7 ou to then when it was gen 8 ou i got bored of it cus of no fun so i started natdex i felt pretty bad but then i got better and then i toped the ladder with my freind mollmyiltoast for help and my first tournaemnt i got to round 4 of natdex tournament
then i started having fun so i joined gen 8 ou agian
Are you able to use discord? Yes
Do you understand how blacklist works? yes

assigned to Yugon

Username: FlygonNo.1
PS! Username: Padstar lol
Your timezone: AEST (GMT+11)
Usual Hours of Availability: 3PM-12PM on weekdays, varies on Saturday and Sunday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played a bit of Nat Dex, not been terribly successful tbh. Tried out a few other old gens and whatnot, not terribly good at any of those either. Looking to improve my skills.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do

Think

Leedle leedle leedle lee
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Driver
Assigned to: Sevelon

Username: Thinkerino
PS! Username: Thinkerino
Your timezone: Central Standard Time (CST)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: 8 PM - 6AM CST // Weekends 3 PM - 6 AM CST
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started off mostly jamming randbats and such back in 2016, then moved to gen 7 OU (which I have a decent amount of ladder games in, but nothing crazy). I'm primarily an Other Metas player, but I have some tour experience in that area and I'd say I'm at least reasonably familiar with competitive pokemon in general. I should preface that I have pretty much zero NatDex OU experience, but I'm more than willing to learn :]

assigned to Avery

Username: kalifguest22
PS! Username: kalifguest22
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends,1PM-9PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive for almost a year now, but I struggle to even get past low ladder. I'm trying other metas that aren't named OU such as old gen tiers, AAA, Camomons, and NatDex! I like building around heat mons, standard stuff just aint for me sometimes, but if I have to do it standard, I will.

Username: Shivam3299
PS! Username: Shivam o)
Your timezone: Gmt +5.5
Usual Hours of Availability: 12pm to 6pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played tiers like 1v1,Ag,ubers and a bit of natdex.Also played monotype including some om like stabmons.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Y

Last edited:
Assigned to ppödd

Username: Bpewn
PS! Username:Bpewn
Your timezone:Est
Usual Hours of Availability:weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I played OU.I am currently in a draft league and am 5-5. I also play national dex OU.

Username: WolfishOne
PS! Username: WolfishOne
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 3pm - 5pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I joined about a year ago and i've mostly played nat dex and AG. I've been trying to get back into Nat Dex OU after taking a break for a bit. I tried 1st getting into AG again but I just really hate the lack Arceus.
Are you able to use Discord?:Yes
Yes

Last edited:
Username: Bread Sandwich
PS! Username: A Bread Sandwich
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends 1pm-9pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Although I have been playing on ps casually since 2014 I never really got really in to competitive until 2017 when I started laddering ag, I played ag on and off for a while until a found a group of friends in the ag community and got more involved in the community. I really like competitive pokemon but haven't really branched out in to anything other than ag.

Username: Victini4ssbu
PS! Username: VictoryMudkip
Your timezone: GMT-7
Usual Hours of Availability: 3:00-5:30 pm on weekdays and 9:30a.m.-6:30p.m.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in June of 2020 and I was into competitive years before that, I played some let's go competitive. I mainly play national dex OU and I've made yugon kind of salty in a room tour before which I found funny. I just want to know how to teambuild well and properly battle. Also help me escape from the tragedy that is low ladder

Note: I might not be able to call

Last edited:
Username: Meganium1579
PS! Username: Meganium1579
Your timezone: GMT +8
02.00 pm-05.00 pm and 07.00 pm-08.00 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
04.00 pm-05.00 pm and 07.00 pm - 08.00 pm on Monday
03.00 pm-05.00 pm and 07.00 pm - 08.00 pm on Thursday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started become Better at Pokemon Competitive When I first joined a Competitive discord Group (Not Smogon). I have Fun Doing Competitive, And Hopping I will Be in Ladder One day, and now, I have Been In Ladder In National dex OU, Gen 8 Monotype, and Im In Ladder at National Dex Monotype. I Still Need To Learn More About Competitive, So I can Be One of the Best Players, So Thats Why I Want To Learn
Yes
Yes

SupremeFashion

Banned deucer.
Username: SupremeFashion
PS! Username: ThomasKesler
Your timezone: GTM +8
Usual Hours of Availability: All day (I have a flexible schedule)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I am an incredibly experienced and skilled player. I was consistently reaching Top 500 in Gen 6 and Gen 7 OU. I am an incredibly quick learner and someone who prides himself in understanding the game on a deeper level. When I played Pokemon, I take it as an opportunity to look into the soul of my opponent. Because of this, I do not want to hear much about "teambuilding." Although I understand the importance of it, it is not my primary goal and I am perfectly fine using teams that are standard in order to achieve my goals of unlocking the true potential of the opponent I am facing.

Tutor requirements: I request a tutor who is better than me at Pokemon. We will discover which one of us is stronger with a 1v1 battle upon meeting each other.
Please be aware that I will most likely succeed you in strength relatively quickly whilst studying under you. Let's be courteous to each other about these changing power dynamics in our relationship. I am willing to offer you assistance if you assist me. This goes for all areas of life, not just Pokemon Battling.

Assigned to Sputnik

Username: 413X
PS! Username: 413XPlayz
Usual Hours of Availability: Generally afternoons EST(4 pm EST - 11 pm EST)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started 2017 when I made my smogon account and I was unbelievably shit and just wanted to do what all my friends were doing on their DSes but more and better. Starting around April 2020 I got back into pokemon, mainly 1v1 and I have carved myself out there decently. About 2 months ago I joined natdex through a couple of friends(i think it started with mr yugon.exe lmao) and I'm having a great time with the format. Right now I would say I am pretty decent at balance matchups but I always find myself falling short in games against Hyper Offense and Stall, so I think it'd be great to sign up for tutoring.

assigned to ppödd

Username: R8
PS! Username: R8 Konijn
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday except Friday, ±15:00-22:00 GMT+1
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm playing competitive on Pokemon Showdown! since 2 years. I played almost exclusively hardcore stall on multiple metagames (including doubles...), so it's the only playstyle i'm confident with. Therefore, i struggle to play with other playstyles, and that's why i'm signin up for tutoring: i want to get better with other playstyles, and learn how to build a gameplan, optimizing my plays, etc...
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes. However i prefer avoid doing calls (because my accent is truly awful) , but if you don't mind then, why not.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Have a nice day!

Username: Heheus
PS! Username: Heheus
Your Timezone: PST
Usual hours of availability: 2:00-5:00
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am sorta average, I am not that experienced or skilled. I know a few parts of teambuilding but i dont know all of it. I want to know more badly so i can win more often.
Are you able to use discord: Yes
Tutor requirements: I want someone who knows much about the meta, lots about teambuilding, and knows mons that work well with other mons.

Username: Avaritia GC
PS! Username: Avaritia
Your timezone: GMT +8
Usual Hours of Availability: 8-11pm my time on weekdays, almost any time on weekends
I've played Showdown off-and-on for a while, dipping my toes into Gen 5 OU, Gen 6 UU and Monotype, Gen 7 Ubers and now Gen 8 National Dex OU. I personally find my skill level quite mediocre and my teambuilding to be average, and I also admittedly suffer from self-esteem and ladder anxiety at times. I'd like to learn how to expand my range of playstyles and teambuilding, but probably more importantly learn how to play better and find the best move in every game.
Yes
Yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)