Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to Siatam for GSC OU

Username: CrossHeart
PS! Username: Astro CrossHeart
Signup Format: GSC OU
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: Every day from 6:30 to 11 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Got into the tour scene as recently as last year, but sticked to just Monotype at the time. Made it far in a couple individual tours then and made it into my first official team tour this year, but I always felt that some things were missing when it came to my play. Been wanting to branch out to old gen OU this year and I felt that GSC is the perfect start since it teaches certain aspects of play that I currently lack.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Assigned to Vkhss

Username: charlieX7
PS! Username: charlieX7
Signup Format: SV OU
Your timezone: EST (GMT-4)
Usual Hours of Availability: 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing the Pokemon VG back in LGPE, but didn't get into competitive until mid-SwSh. I started maining in Gen 8 AG and Ubers and did relatively well. Lately, I've been trying to branch out but found that many of my skills were less than effective in OU. I seem hardstuck at 1400s sometimes and my teambuilding for this tier is usually subpar. I haven't played in many tournament settings, but I find them really interesting and wish to gain experience with them. My experience in Gen 9 OU specifically is a bit limited, as although I have played since day 1, I have stayed in low ladder for the entirety of the tier. I'm looking forward to working with a tutor to get better in this tier.

KeanuVGC

formerly KeanuGrindingArc
Assigned to DripLegend

Username: KeanuGrindingArc
PS! Username: KeanuVGC
Signup Format: SV 1V1
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime after 5pm on schooldays and anytime on weekends if no sports
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive competed in a couple of VGC regionals and won a couple local tours and just started getting into Smogon during SV. Some new smogon tours that I have been fortunate to be drafted into are BLT and the Los Juegos Challenge Cup Tour. Ive been grinding ladder a lot more recently in multiple formats and would like to learn 1v1s as it has been very fun doing the current ladder tournament. I would like to learn how to teambuild in 1v1s as well as learn the best MUs of each individual team thanks to whomever helps me out much appreciated! :)
Screenshot 2023-05-07 6.17.20 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-07 6.25.48 AM.png

Assigned to Aqua Jet

Username: wai321
PS! Username: wai321
Signup Format: SV UU
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: 3 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Weekdays, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. Weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I always liked Pokemon as a kid and I was fascinated by the competitive scene. Yes, I may be new (I started playing Legends : Arceus as my first Pokemon game) but I dedicated myself to study hours upon hours to Pokemon. I'd like a main tier, and SV UU seems like the place to be.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, waiwai9380#1891

Assigned to Exotic64

Username: Bobby Hill
PS! Username: Seltzer Time
Your timezone: EST (GMT-4)
Usual Hours of Availability: 6:30 PM to 10:00pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been aware of the competitive scene for a while but only started playing in August 2022. I usually float around 1450-1600 but have been stuck there for a while. I have peaked in the 1600s a few times, but it feels like pure luck when I get there. The SV meta really stumps me a lot and I find that when I build a team that works, I have no idea what I did right and vice versa. I also find it much easier to plummet 100s of points compared to last gen. I think I lack basic fundamentals, I struggle a lot against set up and stall teams, two archetypes that typically catch new players off guard. I also notice that my range of play styles is very narrow which makes it hard for me to diagnose issues in the team builder. My goal would be to reach 1700-1800

Assigned to AndViet

Username: Ast0rga
PS! Username: Astorgames
Your timezone: PST (GMT -8)
Usual Hours of Availability:
4:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I been playing since gen 4 wi-fi battles. I was pretty bad back then but I've gained more and more experience over the years (Tho I skipped a couple gens). In gen 8 I started playing again and won some small stuff at small communities. Gen 9 I'm playing too and I'm currently between 1600-1700 elo. I have learned the importance of pivoting, respectinc meta treats, and I can make some nice predicts and punch holes in enemy teams. I would say I'm pretty good at battling instincts. But I think my teambuilding is terrible. I just don't know how to build a team. I would love to learn more about professional team building.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Astorgames#9463

Assigned to Melt Gibson

Username: jawabarat
PS! Username: jawabarat
Signup Format: SV UU
Your timezone: +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday/Wednesday/Friday 5.30pm-10.30pm, all day Saturday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started taking competitive mons seriously in like early 2022, I've played in BDSPPL and UUFPL as well as getting 4th on uu ladder, 1950ish in ou. I've been trying to focus UU this gen, but I feel like I'm now plateauing as I've had a rough UUFPL and I keep making similar mistakes during midgames. I'm also finding building difficult, as 4/7 weeks I've ended up being passed a team for UUFPL as my building attempts aren't getting anywhere. I want to improve in both these areas and get to a point of holding my own more in teamtours and making deeper runs in uu circuit tours.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, Dansparce#5404

Assigned to Swiffix

Username: Zangoose5000
PS! Username: Zangoose360
Signup Format: SV Monotype
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: 12pm-10pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played SS monotype last gen and am playing SV Monotype and NU this gen. My building is okay for this format, but I want more help on building teams. I'd also like to improve my battling skills, as they aren't as good right now.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes Volt Striker#4974

Assigned to AtraX Madara

Username: TyronJ
PS! Username: TyronJ
Signup format: SV Monotype
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual hours of availability: 5:30pm - 2:00am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): (min. 3 sentences):
I played Pokemon Showdown several years ago and tried to get into competitive quite a bit, but I quit because I got bored. A few days ago I created a new Pokemon Showdown account and have been using it ever since. I saw that there's a Monotype tournament on Ladder, and even though I've never played Monotype before in my life I decided to sign up and here I am.
Are you able to use Discord?: ? Yes Tyron#8610

Reactions: ken
Assigned to roxie

Username PSYCHO
PS username Psycho782
timezone gmt+530
Usual hours of availablit 12-4pm ist and 9-11pm ist everyday
competitive pokemon: I have played many tours in servers like Oras tour usum tour ss tour in smogon server and currently in a vgc tournament I’d say I’m okish at comp pokemon still have lots to learn that’s why taking parts in multiple tours, really getting into competitive pokemon as before this I used to just spam randbats
im able to use discord

Assigned to phosphor for BW OU

Username:Somalia
PS! Username:Somalia
Signup Format: ADV or BW
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability:Weekday evenings gmt+1, weekends free mornings or late evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing for a verylong time. I consider myself to be a decent player but I havent been able to reach the higher levels in BW OU. I would like to focus on teambuilding and piloting teams. For some odd reason I was very sharp a decade ago however Ive just been on the decline ever since.
Are you able to use Discord: Yes, Somalia#7886

BlackKnight_Gawain

PUPL Champion
Assigned to phosphor for BW OU

Username: BlackKnight_Gawain
PS! Username: BlackKnight_Gawain
Signup Format: BW/ORAS/SM/DPP/ADV (primarily BW)
Your timezone: +6
Usual Hours of Availability:
prefer nights but can be a bit flexible with some daytime hours
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): been playing since cg bw, was great on ladder back then and had decent success on ORAS-SM too. I'd like to relearn these tiers since a lot of time has passed since cg and be hopefully cracked at them, while also picking up ADV/DPP which I've learnt mostly in passing but would like to know at a better level.
Are you able to use Discord?: y, HawkeLuke#7473

assigned to roxie

Username: ShinyLucarioXD
PS! Username: ShinyLucarioXD
Signup Format: Scarlet & Violet Never Used
Your timezone: CEST (UTC+2)
Usual Hours of Availability: Every day from 4pm to 10pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been a fan of Pokémon for a long time. I really started getting into competitive last generation in the OU tier; however, I had limited success, so I switched to NU late into the cycle and had a lot of fun. Currently, I play a lot of SV OU, where I have two accounts in the top 50 of the ladder at the time of writing this post. I am really enjoying the metagame thus far!I would like to learn more tiers as I feel my skill set is very one-dimensional, and a close friend of mine only plays SV NU, so I would like to be able to play them as they do not play OU. I think it would be really beneficial and fun for me to learn a new tier properly this time!

Assigned to Swiffix

Username: X•Cards
PS! Username: X•Cards
Your timezone: GMT-7
Usual Hours of Availability: 6-10 pm on weekdays all day most weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played Pokemon casually since Gen 3 (that's why Breloom is my fav!). I have been on Showdown for many years mostly playing random battles as it is easy to get into and fun to test your ability to analyze your team and play around your team's flaws. I have tried to play OU in the past and have gotten into random battles a bit in past gens but I have always felt like I hit a wall at a certain ELO. I think it's a combination of my lack of team-building knowledge (although I do have a vague idea of most move pools and viable builds) and my over predicting holds me back. I haven't played the current gen monotype for long but I have built a few teams! Would really like some help to take me to the next level!

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Assigned to Clementine for SM OU

Username: Cdijk16
PS! Username: awesomekingdrauser/Cdijk21-Alt/Cdijk21-Alt-2/ Cdijk21-alt-3
Signup format: SM, ADV
Timezone: GMT + 5:30
Usual hours of availability: 9PM-11PM my time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing since the times of early SM. In SM, I have peaked at 1728 on ladder with a GXE of 83.9%(see SM OU Ladder Achievements for proof). I regularly ladder and usually hang around 1550-1600 on ladder, occasionally dropping lower in case of bad losing streaks. However, I feel that I have plateaud in terms of skills and can't get higher than this rating. In ADV, I have peaked 1610 ELO(see ADV OU Ladder Achievements), hit a maximum win streak of 16, reached top 8 in 2022/2021 Summer Seasonals(don't remember which) and peaked at 79.6% GXE. I also play ORAS, DPP and GSC somewhat regularly, but i don't feel the need for tutoring in them.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Cdijk16#5364

Opchurtle100

I COULD BE BANNED!
assigned to bored_glitch

Username: Opchurtle100
PS! Username: Hungryfoodies / adamn3560 / bed sh*tter dan / the last shitbender
Signup Format: 1v1
Your timezone: -4 i think or whatever EST is
Usual Hours of Availability: my evenings sometimes it depends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): aight so i am da goatv at adv 1v1but yknow new shit rolls around and i da goat at that too(beatcrcify 3-0). but this new hoem shit lowkey not b ussin frfr so i require so assitance.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes sir/maam

dont give me nathan tho hes *******

murman why u gotta be sucha hater dude you know its not good for your mental

Calaeb

formerly Pawwz
Assigned to Swiffix

Username: pawwz
PS! Username: pawwz
Signup Format: sv monotype
Your timezone: gmt-4
Usual Hours of Availability: late evenings every day of the week, no time at all on tuesdays & saturdays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): played from gen6-9, was pretty active throughout the whole thing but recently i took like a 7 month break. came back and couldnt grasp the meta, i dont think im a bad player but i def have a lot of places to improve on again.
Are you able to use Discord?: yea

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
Assigned to Ina fable

Username:hunternoooob
PS! Username:hunternoooob
Signup Format:SS
Your timezone: 5.5+
Usual Hours of Availability: around 3-5 pm and 8-10 pm on weekdays and all day on sundays and holidays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started playing competitive mons 4 years ago,the tier that most attracted me is ss,i am more than decent at ss but i would like to take my limits high and become a great player.
Are you able to use Discord?:yes. (ChrisCP#7048)

Assigned to Monai for BW OU

Username: Tenai
PS! Username: Hoshizoranomemoria
Signup Format: Gen 5
Your timezone: UTC-8
Usual Hours of Availability: Evening to late at night (around 15:00-3:00)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm really new but manage to get to around 1200 in most formats I play, sometimes higher and sometimes lower. I'm most proficient in random battles but that is most likely because you don't have to worry as much about team synergy. I'm feeling a bit confused on how to effectively play early game with rain and would like some help fixing my blindspots.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, haj enjoyer#1206

Assigned to RoyalReloaded

Username: TejasTheGreat11
PS! Username: serfer123451
Signup Format: sv monotype
Your timezone: gmt +5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: 3:00 pm to around 9:00 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started playing pretty recently around last year or so
at first it was so that i could practice competetive battling for the pixelmon server i play on but before i knew it i was pretty much obsessed with showdown and i love the concept of monotype teams. I still dont know much about team building like which mons compliment each other , how a tank set should be built and stuff. at last i would like to add the times i have written r the free time i get if someone doesnt decide to dump their work on me.
Thank You.

Are you able to use Discord?:
yes

Exotic64

Clannad Finisher
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to Ina fable

Username: exotic64
PS! Username: exotic64
Signup Format: SS, SM
Your timezone: GMT+10
Usual Hours of Availability: nighttime but I can manage earlier
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm top ladder for this gen's OU, I have 3 accounts that are 1900+ and I peaked 2080 when home came out. I know a lot about mons and battling in general however I would like to refine my skill at gen 8 and 7 for tournament reasons.
Are you able to use Discord?: arctozolt#2738 yes

Assigned to awyp

Username: idiotclips
PS! Username: charjabugfan
Signup Format: ADV and DPP
Your timezone: +1/BST
Usual Hours of Availability: around 2 til 7
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing doubles in 2020 on the SWSH cartridge and eventually moved over to singles. I've peaked 1700 on SS Ubers and AG and 1600 on SV DOU but I've recently started learning old gen ou. I want to be able to properly team build for them and have a better grasp on the formats.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, IdiotClips#4140

Assigned to AtraX Madara

Username: Azluc on Top
PS! Username: Azluc03(⌐▨_▨)
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: On weekdays usually 3PM-8PM, on weekends usually 9AM-4PM.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Playing occasionally since 2018, got back last winter and embraced Monotype, got into BLT and had a lot of fun. Now i don't think i am a bad player but i think that in order to compete seriously i have to get better. Also not being kinda bad at team-building would be helpful i think, so i'll need help on that too.
Are you able to use Discord?: Sure (Azluc03, or Azluc03#9276 if someone has old tags)

Caesarr

formerly CaesarzeppeliXD
Assigned to Frixel

Username: Caesarzeppelixd
PS! Username: Caesarzeppelixd
Signup Format: Sv DOU
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays at mornings and until 7pm, friday, monday and wednesday only mornings. All day weekeends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Reached top ladder on dou and sm ou, got tutored on those formats too, participated in three discord PL and best performance in smogon top 16 (or round 6 i dont rememb) in a dou ssnl. Sorry for reposting this lol.
Are you able to use Discord?: caesar#0364 or caesarz.

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to DripLegend

Username: Orangex
PS! Username: Orangex733
Signup Format: SV 1v1
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: anything past 5pm weekdays, anything on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve played quite a bit of SM 1v1 and some SS 1v1. I have a lot of experience in other OM’s, VGC, and 2v2. Mainly looking to get better at teambuilding in 1v1 in general
Are you able to use Discord?: yes (orangex733)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)