Status
Not open for further replies.

Maki's Fox

luckiest player around
Assigned to: Splash

Username: Maki's Fox
PO/PS! Username: Maki's Fox
Your timezone: GMT-7
Usual Hours of Availability: Open after 2 P.M on weekdays and all day for weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Originally, I began playing randbats and ou during the middle of USUM without any clue of what I was doing. After some time, I would somehow find 1v1 and move onto a period where that was the only tier I played. A couple of months ago though, a friend brought me into Monotype and I found that I enjoyed it alot. I began to play more of it and eventually made it into the BLT. During the entire tour experience, I learned that I still had much to learn from. I hope that this tutoring could help me mainly gain a better understanding of building for the tier and a bit of the thought process when battling.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yup
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah

Assigned to: Decem

Username: ikiarihS
PO/PS! Username: Shiraiki
Your timezone: GMT +8
Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday, 3pm-10pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing Pokemon competitively early Gen 6. Played quite a lot of tiers back then but had to stop playing mons mid Gen 7 if i remember correctly. I was hoping to start getting back into mons and learn the tier properly.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Assigned to: Harpp

Username: PTF
PO/PS! Username: PTF
Your timezone: GMT +10
Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday, 11 am - 3 pm and 8 pm-1 am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Successfully played PU for three generations competitively. Been a teambuilder, tutor, topped the ladder, participated in tours.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Assigned to: Conflux

Username: Xylia
PO/PS! Username: Isle of love
Your Timezone: GMT+5
Usual Hours of Availiability: 4-10 PM everyday for the most part. Sometimes I’m quite free around midnight hours as well since I identify as an insomniac. Overall, I feel I’m very flexible with my schedule and can adjust my availability accordingly.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I began playing competitive Pokémon towards the end of USUM, but I was never serious about it. With the new generation, I’ve been aiming to learn about various metagames and improve myself as a player, especially in the field of teambuilding and tour scene. I’ve taken part in some monotype tours in generation 8 so far such as Welcome Tour and Summers Seasonals, and although I had decent results as a relatively new user, I came to realize that there are some infinitely better players, builders, and preppers out there. I really hope to be like some of them, being able to build creative & effective teams without relying on anyone, making good predictions & mind-games on a higher level, being confident about myself and my plays. Hence, tutoring from someone knowledgeable about the tier seemed like a step in the right direction. (:
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Of course!

Assigned to: Kev

Username: GuzzlesOwO
PO/PS! Username: GuzzlesOwO
Your timezone: GMT -0
Usual Hours of Availability: Pretty much all day due to quarantine
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in 2018 in USUM. Immediatly, I jumped to Monotype as I found the concept interesting and I started experimenting, eventually I started playing competitively on Ladder with a Flying team (This was on a past alt). Eventually, I got to 1500 and took a break from mono. I never really got involved with the community and pretty much just lurked in chat. After a few more breaks I came back to mono on the tail end of gen 7, took another break and now I've decided to stay in gen 8 and get a bit more into the community.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Assigned to: Perish Song

Username: Karmic Retribution
PO/PS! Username: KarmaHax
Your timezone: GMT + 1
Usual Hours of Availability: Pretty much all day due to quarantine
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in 2018 in USUM. I tried a couple other tiers but pretty much got stuck into monotype for a long awhile. I had to pretty much disappear due to irl responsibilities around the time SwSh got announced but due to less that and the current situation, I've come back like 2 weeks ago and been getting back into mons and gen 8.

Username: PotatoBlaster
PO/PS! Username: Kudamon
Your timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability: 2PM-2AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started playing PS (mostly OU) right before XY released and got into Monotype towards the end of ORAS. I played a lot of ladder and room tours in SM/USUM, but stopped playing when SS came out. I returned at the start of April and am applying to improve more as I really enjoy the format and the community and I want to get good enough to participate in tours.
Are you able to use either Discord?:
Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Assigned to: maroon

Username: agroove
PO/PS! Username: agroove
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime after 2pm preferably, I can do earlier if needed
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Started playing mono around late X/Y, early ORAS, but I didn't really begin to improve until S/M came out. Once that gen got further under way, as it went on I began to get more involved in the tour scene but due to time constraints stopped playing the game as often as I had before. This generation began with a repeat scenario for me, where I dipped into tournaments, but due to time I let my activity suffer. Gen 8 is really strange and interesting, so given the opportunity I'd like to learn more about how to make my teams feel more complete, and maybe shake off the rust and get back into tours.

Assigned to: Decem

Username: Drix
PO/PS! Username: Prof Drix
Your timezone: GMT-6
Usual Hours of Availability:
I'm usually free around 5pm to 4am my time
Started competitive at the tail end of BW2. Took a break at the end of USUM. Feel like i could use a lot of help teambuilding and some refreshing on battling
Are you able to use either Discord?:Yes

Username: Verde
PO/PS! Username: xVerde
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability:
I'm too free right now I'm really free all day but definitely 1 pm to 1 am
I have been on showdown since I was 11 with all the greats like Barida and Air Jak. lol jk but I have been around that long in leagues and floating around. I would say I am an experienced battler.
Are you able to use either Discord?:Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes (I'm sorry Ticken <3)

assigned to Decem

Username: OofTheQuagsire
PS! Username: OofTheQuagMan
Your timezone: CDT
Usual Hours of Availability: 9AM-5PM weekdays, 1PM-4PM weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been battling on SD for almost a year now, I've been loving it. Most of the tournament I've done with friends are in monotype so I'd really like to get a grasp of the metagame as I normally play in OU/NatDex. I don't feel like I've been making optimal sets and I'd like help and advice in that respect.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Assigned to LuckyPiper , LuckyPiper quit doe

Username: AllTerrainVen0moth
PO/PS! Username:AllTerrainVen0moth
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: 6:30 AM - 9PM (my timezone) monday-saturday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Im mainly a lower tier player (PU/ZU) and I occasionally delve into other tiers. I'm interested in learning in other tiers, so I'd figure I'd start with Monotype. I love this game, and I'd love if i could get a tutor.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Ye
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ye

Last edited:

ErPeris

Do or do not. There is no try.
is a Top Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a defending SPL Champion
Assigned to: maroon

Username: ErPeris
PS! Username: ErPeris
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm quite flexible in terms of schedules.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive Pokémon in late 2015 and for a year I only played ORAS OU and VGC. Since 2017, thanks to Marcoasd's teachings, I have dedicated myself to RBY OU, which is now my main tier and in which I have achieved excellent results by winning numerous team and individual tournaments. Over the years I have mainly played on Pokémon Perfect, but in the last year or so I have approached Smogon, a website that introduced me to the Monotype community. I discovered that the latter is made up of very nice guys and with whom I made friends. I would like to learn this tier to be able to play and have fun with them.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, of course.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ban me now, thanks Yes!

Assigned to Harpp

Hello!

Username: readyletsgo
PS! Username: readyletsgo
Your timezone: US Central
Usual Hours of Availability: 8am-4pm, 8-11pm weekdays (can find time on weekends as needed)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): After playing the gameboy games ever since I was a kid, about 5 years ago I finally hopped on showdown after watching some showdown videos on youtube. I was really nervous but soon learned the ropes, and after I discovered monotype was a thing, I never wanted to do anything else (bar hackmons cup lol). In later ORAS I learned I could win room tours, make it to high ladder, discovered leagues etc. Peaked around early Sun and Moon but quit for a while in 2017. Came back for a few patches of USUM, and early SS before maxing was banned. Now that DLC has come and we have better content, with more on the way, I'd really like to pick up the slack and see how much better I can get.
Are you able to use Discord?: Of course
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Assigned to Splash

Username: FIR SoulSurfer
PS! Username: FIR Chieftain
Your timezone: EST (GMT-4)
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime between 10am and 12am

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been battling since Gen 6. I started in XY. Got more dedicated by ORAS. I used to only play Monotype but I've since branched off to OU. In Gen 7 I was relatively decent but I liked to bring heat in tours and learned that counter teaming is fun. Gen 8 I've been focusing on OU and with Zarude getting released I'm really interested in monotype again.

I'm super free right now because of the pandemic and I'm gonna commit despite being under the post count threshold

Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)