Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SS Monotype

zio

everything is funny in retrospect
is a Pre-Contributor
Assigned to LuckyPiper

Username: zio
PS! Username: zioziotrip
Your timezone: -4 (maybe -5? hell if ik how daylight savings work)
Usual Hours of Availability: anything past like 12pm-1pm on weekdays and while weekends are erratic I'll be sure to keep by tutor updated on that front, should usually be available that being said
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played a lot of PU and OU in ORAS around 2016, however, come SM I trailed off in activity as I wasn't really enjoying the tiers. With hints of activity in between, I came back in late 2019 and started making posts in 1v1. Soon, I found myself playing for 1v1PL and doing QC/VR for the tier. I've entered a shit ton of random tours notably the Mono OM Cup where I played AAA going 4-2 and I've decided to try my hand at mono as it seems like an interesting and fun MU based tier.
Are you able to use Discord?: stoplights at night#4846
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Last edited by a moderator:
Assigned to Harpp

Username:i am bu
PS! Username:i am bu
Your timezone: gmt -7
Usual Hours of Availability: i work 4 am to 1 pm my time im off friday sarurday tho other then that im free.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started mons early 2016 on a side server through the years ive mainly played monotype done some seasonals and blts havent been good at all gen 8 tho and i was never that good tho so id like to imrove.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

LightScreener

roy the dog
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to Harpp

Username: Luisin.
PS! Username: luisin.
Your timezone: GMT-8.
Usual Hours of Availability: any day after my 4pm (except weekend, that days im free all day).
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): hm, I started playing competitive in 2018, my main tier is VGC aka doubles, I started playing VGC in 2019, for 2020 I qualified for the worlds but it was suspended due to the covid :^)
Well, I think I play singles "decently" and I would like to learn another tier (i dont like doubles anymore xd) and I feel that monotype is the ideal
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Assigned to Maple

Username: TheDragonMaster
PS! Username:Advt
Your timezone:GMT + 5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: frm 12 pm to 4 pm and frm 8pm to 11pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I got into competitive years ago, but it's only recently that I've gone really into it. I play many tiers, including ou, ubers, ag , sometimes VGC, monotype and some oms. I've never been that good outside of AG and would like to improve. Mostly I feel it's dumb mistakes that cost me and would certainly like to improve on that front.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: Dmbros
Ps! Username: Dmbros
Your timezone: gmt+4
Usual hours of Availability : Active on Weekdays more than weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing the monotype tier for about 1yr now , I play it a lot these days and have also had a lots of experience(still having) in the leagues of the ps side server (dawn) and i have participated in many seasonal events off monotype , though i havent gone all the way to the top i still try new things and strats
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: Pajamazz
PS! Username: Pajamaz
Your timezone:GMT -8 (PST)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays after 6pm, weekends anytime past noon
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started playing PS when I was 13 back in 2015 and spent a lot of time with side server leagues, but I only really started getting into the tournament scene about a year or so ago. I feel like I'm at a level where I'm comparatively better than most of my peers in these leagues but I still have more room to grow in becoming a known and consistent tournament player. Having mentors such as LuckyPiper, Taide, and Crashy has helped me tons along the way, so I'd like to continue my growth as a competitor in this community.

Assigned to Maple

Username: eblurb
PS! Username: eblurb
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: preferably weekdays, pretty much any time except around 2-3
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: i'm new to 6v6 and just join random seasonals for fun. i don't know how to build and only get passed teams from some friends. i mainly play 1v1 and have had some success there but i am hoping to l2p in some other tiers.

assigned to Maple

Username: Raftel Reshirams
PS! Username: Blitzeken
Your Timezone: GMT+5.30
Usual hours of availablity : Weekdays 9.30 pm -12.00 am, Weekends anytime past noon
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started playing showdown in 2018. Monotype was always my favorite tier but I am bad at team building so I mainly used samples or borrowed teams from my friends. After taking break form showdown for a year I started playing showdown again and want to improve in gen 8 monotype
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes

Assigned to: Perish Song

Username: Panodil Protino
PS! Username: Panodil Protino
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: 10-18 all week
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I must have been lurking here since the early days of the Smog, so I understand more or less all the theory and have picked up a ton of trivia from all across the Smogon metas. The reason why I'm looking for a tutor is that I want to develop a healthier mindset when it comes to losing and learning, something I've never been able to do on my own.
I find competitive Pokémon and especially Monotype incredibly fun and am earnestly interested in getting better as well as participating in the community, but I have big trouble seeing "the light at the end of the tunnel" and would appreciate any help I could get in getting a foot in the door.
What I have is mountains of theoretical knowledge and trivia from all across many generations of competitive Pokémon and a willingness to get better - what I want to learn is the attitude required to take losses in stride and involve myself in tournaments and other community activities so that I can actually use it.
Just so any prospective tutors have been warned, tutoring me will likely be less strategy and more psychotherapy - but I know some people like that.
Are you able to use Discord?: Affirmative
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Well enough that it's scared me out of applying until now

Assigned to Maple

Username: Gooie_Weeggie
PS! Username: Gooie_Weeggie_Time
Your timezone: CET (GMT +01)
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday-Friday 4:10 PM - 9 PM, Weekend 9 AM - 10 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing SSLC. After a while I moved to other tiers, including Monotype. I'm seeking for help not in the theory, but in the practice: I'm more than capable of understanding what is shit and what is good, but in practice I very often make mistakes.

Eclipse Lucifer

formerly IS Albtraum
Assigned to: Harpp

PS! Username: Eclipse Lucifer
Your timezone: Australia EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Normally on everyday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing Monotype for many years now never really been competitive and hoping to become good in Monotype I struggle with making correct plays and hoping with my tutors help I'll become better at using and making Monotype teams.

Tutor change approved by Ticken

Last edited:
Assigned to Maple

Username: Gestoros
PS! Username: Asawpert
Your timezone: GMT+7
Usual Hours of Availability: everyday usually after 6pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Start by playing older gen uber. I want to try to play the current gen. I'm interesting in learning more monotype. I find monotype a lot fun to play. But I still want to improve my skill.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Assigned to: Splash

Username: Jayi
PS! Username: Jayi
Your timezone: GMT+0
Usual Hours of Availability: mostly anytime on weekdays, corona got my plans fucked so probably afternoon weekends too
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've lightly played a bunch of tiers like 1v1, playing some tours here and there for it, as well as NFE and some past gen OUs a while back but I've never really succeeded competitively in a tier or have never made a good team lmao which is something I wanna improve. With the corona around, I'm just sat at home playing random tiers and Monotype was the fun pick. I've been playing on the ladder for a bit now and I'm enjoying the games but I want to improve ofc
Are you able to use Discord?: Yeah Jayi#4830
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah

Username:Aadhikesh S
PS! Username:Aadhikesh
Your timezone: GMT+5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday Mostly at night After 8 Pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I mostly play 1v1's and Randoms and Recently started playing Monotype. I just feel like I should know about it more and hence I need help. And I after all only know to play one type properly so I would wish to get some help.
Yeah

Username: prodigyash
PS! Username: prodigyash
Your timezone: Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8)
Usual Hours of Availability: Days depend (Week 1: Monday Wednesday Friday. Week 2 Tuesday Thursday), but hours are usually 8:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am generally a new user, with only about 4 months or so of battling. I like it, the only thing is that I am not good in many tiers such as OU, VGC and Doubles OU. So I want to expand my playibility in other tiers, not just 1v1 and Monotype.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, only chat, not call, ooferbros#8398
Yes

Last edited:
Assigned to: Splash

Username: Mr. Miner
PS! Username: Mr. Miner
Your timezone: est (gmt -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Varies with work, but everyday i'm avaliable either in the morning (or any time before 2pm) or at night (usually after 10pm).
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I actually used to be a regular who played fairly often, but dramatic circumstances made me stop playing. I have a small bit of experience (MPL 3 / MWP1) from way back, and now im here to make my return for mpl. Would rather have help learning SS instead of trying to teach myself

PS! Username: Dragonitekid101
Your timezone: CST (GMT -6?)
Usual Hours of Availability: 10am-5pm Weekdays. No time on weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been playing competitive pokemon since 2017 where i first got into monotype. I was very bad back then of course but around 2018/2019 i joined a side server which has since moved on, they've helped me a lot from where i was, however i still feel like i need help in monotype. I've also played around in many areas in the 3 (4?) years i've been on showdown such as 1v1 and OU. School and lack of interest made me leave showdown for a bit, however i'm back and i want to be good in the monotype scene again!
Yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)