Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SS OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiba

I don't jump, I DIIIVE in it
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Driver Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SS OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, MUST have at least 35 posts before signing up for tutoring. If you do not reach that threshold, you WILL be skipped.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited by a moderator:
Assigned to: Jordy

Username: PhantomHurious
PO/PS! Username: PhantomHurious
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: fairly busy on weekdays but weekends are fine
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started playing around xy but only started playing competitively in sm, i really like the ss ou metagame rn. i also played a fair amount of ou in sm as well. im fine with building but am looking to get better at desicion-making ingame
Are you able to use either Discord?: ye
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye

Aethernum

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leader
Community Leader
Assigned to: Lopunny Kicks Quaze

Username: Aethernum
PO/PS! Username: Aethernum
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: most afternoons, and except university time, i can schedule for mornings too
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started playing in 2015 but than dropped after around a year, and i returned a couple of years ago, where i have been main bh and i've been part of some bh tours, the last pspl and i've been in both omwc (as the captain of europe team, last year) but since ss came out i decided to dedicate myself to OU, and i need a lot of help here. i'd like to improve under every aspect, teambuilding, planning and battling, since i aspire to the high ou tours like spl, smotours, ost and swc
Are you able to use either Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

DYA

{[(6^7)^7]^7}^7 x 6^2 : [(6^2)^2]^601 = 1:6
is a Pre-Contributor

Username: DYA
PO/PS! Username: itsDYA
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: afternoons almost everyday, im free almost all day at weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing Ubers in gen 7 like half year ago but I didn't play too much, later on I entered to Monotype tutoring and it ended being my main, my highest goal being getting top 15 in the sm ladder and latetly getting to round 6 of Monotype Generation. I would like to start knowing about an OU gen because I want to expand the tiers I play since I don't like too much this gen of Monotype.

Username: EnzoLapras
PO/PS! Username: EnzoLapras
Your timezone: GMT+0
Usual Hours of Availability: weekends preferred, otherwise weekday evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing LC since late ORAS and have been entering tours for it for a while. I'm looking to take up a second tier so that i can play in tours more regularly; teambuilding, wincon identification and EV spreads are my main areas to improve in OU.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes

assigned to Pais

Name: Xevara
Ps name: Xevara
Gmt+2
Availability : I have lot of time now
Tell us about your experience: I started competitive 1 year ago and I improve a lot since that, but im still the master of chokes and I want to stop losing battles that I shuld have won because of that.
I can use discord
I understand how the blacklist works

Milak

È la vita mia, mille occhi una foresta.
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
assigned to Pais

Username: Milak
PO/PS! Username: Milak
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime, but especially during weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I recently came back playing OU after a long break and I'd like to improve by battling, but mostly my building skills, since it's where I struggle the most. Hopefully learning how teams work and analyzing the opponent's team will improve my skills.
I would like to be assigned to Pais

Assigned to Quaze

Username: stableprince569
PO/PS! Username: stableprince569
Usual Hours of Availability: basically always, my sleep schedule is kinda dead with quarantine
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been interested in Pokemon since I was a kid but I've only been interested in the competitive side since recently. I've been playing 1v1 and performing in tournaments for almost 2 years now but I haven't quite gotten into OU. I tried seriously getting into it multiple times but I never quite became good enough or put in enough effort. Whenever I play I feel like I'm doing the right thing and using the right teams but I still end up losing, so I need someone better than me to coach me
Are you able to use either Discord?: yeah, fo sure
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yep, yep.

assigned to Pais

Username: Broken Promises
PO/PS! Username: Shootouts
Usual Hours of Availability: every day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Old player. I return two weeks ago

Rekeri

バイブ
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Username: Rekeri
PO/PS! username: Rekeri
Your Timezone: GMT-4
Usual hours of Availability: morning through evening
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Just looking to get into ou. Looking to improve overall, haven't played too much this gen in the tier.
Are you able to use either discord: Yes

NEWAL

THE MAIN MAN
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to: Curtain

Username: Newal
PO/PS! username: Newal
Your Timezone: GMT+2
Usual hours of Availability: a lot rn lol
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Looking to improve in the new gen. I have played a lot of tours in the past years in different fórums such as pokemon online and many other PLs.

Melisssa

Banned deucer.
Assigned to: Quaze

Username: Melisssa
PS Username:Melissssa
Time zone: EST
Usual hours: All the time now even if they’re gmt +2 I stay up late
Tell us about experience: I’ve been playing for a round a year now and really wnna get better. I’ve gotten to 1648 before and I really like to use all styles.
Discord Melissa#4942
Yes I understand blacklist

Assigned to: StepC

Username: Sificon
PO/PS! username: Sificon
Your Timezone: GMT+2
Usual hours of Availability: Generaly evenings. (I work as a Caregiver so I can make almost anytime work if we plan ahead)
ell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play pokemon for ~4 years now but never took it very serious. I mostly spamed some HO teams but never really got much sucsess. I wanted to try a bit harder with building and playing when the new gen was released but realised that I couldn't really get better on my own. I think I know how to play those HO teams good enough but I struggel to play other teams and I also struggle to build teams.

Assigned to: Curtain

Username: Onoka
PO/PS! Username:Infe
Your timezone:gmt+2
Usual Hours of Availability:12pm-3pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I've been playing since 2015, but I quit for a long time. I need to improve my skills in this new gen.
Are you able to use either Discord?:yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes
I'd like to be assigned to Curtain

Assigned to DevinSmokesYall

Username: iamFakee
PO/PS! Username: iamFakee
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: Today, more than all the evenings and nights, mostly in the afternoons 2-5 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started playing competitive Pokémon in 2019, I'm interested in knowing how to play the tier at a good level
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes, Fakee#1212

Wigglytuff

the grandmaster of all things evil!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Username: Wigglytuff
PO/PS! Username: Wiggleetuff
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: Mornings (9 AM - 12 PM), Early Afternoon (1 PM - 3 PM), Evening (7 PM - 12 AM)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I was a randbats main until early 2019, when I got into SM UU. After spending some months learning the tier and with help from a great tutor, I managed to make playoffs of UU Majors and got 3 suspect votes. I lost interest in UU once SS hit (I wasn’t a fan of Milotic wars) and turned my focus to SS OU. Since then, my results have been making it to Round 5 of OU Spring Seasonal before I got really busy with hosting OST, the first Coronavirus Premier League, and other things. Now that things have calmed down, I’m interested in getting a deeper understanding of SS OU.

Assigned to: Vaboh

Username: zxgzxg
PO/PS! Username: zxgzxg
Your timezone: PST (GMT-8)
Usual Hours of Availability: 3-5 pm everyday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive Pokémon around two years ago, when USUM was out. I played Random Battles, Battle Factory, and a little 1v1, but I was never really good at any of those tiers. Hopefully, some help with OU, teambuilding and playing, will help me out a bit.

Assigned to StepC

Username: spatulakun
PO/PS! Username: spatulakun
Usual Hours of Availability: Any time is fine. Can easily do mornings.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: Started off in SM OU and occasionally play tournaments, but have not made it too far in many of them. Enjoy teambuilding but struggle at times with the fundamentals. Would appreciate some help with understanding gameplans and how to make effective decisions at each turn.

Username: kaipro
PO/PS! Username: kaipro
Usual Hours of Availability: all evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I frequent some s-tours and I started to play around 2018 but I never tryhard this game untill now.

Assigned to Pais

Username: lil uchi
PO/PS! Username: lil uchi
Usual Hours of Availability: all evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): playing st, smogon classic and randoms teamtours i start playing end 2018

Assigned to: Pais

Username: -Howkings
PO/PS! Username: Howkings
Your timezone: Italian timezone just like my tutor
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoon and evening
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play the game since late 2013, particularly OU and LC. I think i have a good knowledge of any other OU metagame except SS, because i never decided to learn it and play it until now. I guess a tutor is the quickest and most effective way to learn the metagame.
Are you able to use Discord?: Sure

Username: ismail
PO/PS! Username: ismail10
Your timezone: gmt+0/bst
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoon and evening
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): first time I played mon was bw2 on catridge then I started getting into smogon back in 2018 from a friend I have good knowledge of old gens but I wanna expand my knowledge in ss as it is my weakest tier i play
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Martin

“gaming” ~Danny DeVito
is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Assigned to StepC

Username: Martin
PO/PS! Username: MartinSAE
Your timezone: BST
Usual Hours of Availability: Most of the day although I prefer afternoons/evenings and would prefer to plan in advance bc of language lessons etc.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing since around 6 months before my join date. Was a total shitter until around 2016 (a year where I got a ladybug for the OU Discussion forum) and now I just hang around mostly. Activity peaked in ORAS, vanished for a lot of SM/USUM and has kinda rekindled in 2020. I have repeatedly suffered from hitting skill plateaus, which has caused stress+negatively affected motivation in the past.
Are you able to use Discord?: My Discord tag is under the about tab on my profile

Assigned to Hockey1

Username: Lillia
PO/PS: Lillia2.0
Time zone: gmt-4
Usual Hours of Availibity: all weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i have been playing ps since 2017 in sm ou,then ss ou but i m peaked to 1900 on both tiers but i m so interested in meet other famous players and one day participate on big tours like spl or get far in the ost.
Are you able to use discord? : Yes my tag is Lillia#5301

Assigned to: Amoonguss

Username: SOMALIA
PO/PS: SOMALIA
Time zone: gmt+1
Usual Hours of Availibity: 4-10pm gmt+1
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Want to learn current gen, i've dabbled with lower tiers now it's time to attack the big fish. I know the basics of Pokemon, double switching, scouting etc. I am a quick learner to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)