Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SS OU

ErPeris

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
is a Top Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SS OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

Current Tutors:
airfare
ausma
devin
ez
Hockey1
IPF
Niko
Pais
Quaze
Serika
Yelodash

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up. If you do not reach that threshold, you will likely be skipped.
    • This is not a hard requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, but if you want to ensure you are compliant and you wish to attain 15 posts before applying, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Queenzz
PS! Username: Queenzz
Your timezone: GMT-4 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: After 3pm weekdays, and Sundays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive played competitively since 2015, I think of myself as a pretty competent player and have played in many seasonals to varying degrees of success. I have never been able to break this barrier of skill that I feel like I should have by this point in my playing "career" and feel like some outside advice from a knowledgeable player would be beneficial. I think I struggle a lot with team building and also trying to play more creatively
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

1/18/22: Returned

Username
: in forums Shinden, Exzlu everywhere else.
PS! Username: Exzlu
Your timezone: UTC +3
Usual Hours of Availability: pretty much anytime of day except from 8 pm to 11pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): My experience in competitive pokemon has been in gen 7 mostly but in gen 8 i decided to return and been trying to think ways make abit more creative team. Now i've really gotten into BDSP competitive but im still more interested in generally play SS OU more learning ways of generation 8 as it fits for me way more.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Ale el dark link

Ps nick: 0ne Last Kiss

Time zone: gmt-4

Usual Hours of Availability: from 4pm to 12pm

Hello ... Well, I have come here for help to know a little more about this meta of the game that I have liked a lot since I started playing it, I have not been a player for years, I started this year shortly before the olt, with The intention of playing competitively at a good level, currently I am not very good, but I am not that bad either and what I want is to be given the opportunity to improve and make myself known.

Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: ArcticBreeze
Timezone -5, Free most of the weekend and weekdays after 3pm, y I use discord.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: Mainly play oldgens and have won a few irrelevant tours. I don't have too much experience in ss especially current meta ss with the most I've played being peaking the ladder like 6 months ago just to prove that I could to myself. Looking forward to learning and improving at the metagame, hopefully reaching a tournament competent level.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

My friend airfare has agreed to tutor me so if I can get him that'd be great.

Username: Pkmn trainer Rizzo
PS! Username: TrRizzo09
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: In the afternoon and night, since 3:00pm (gmt-5)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I have been playing mons since 2016, but only on ladder. Sometimes I get stuck in 1500-1600 and my best peak in OU was 1730 more or less, but using other players team. Honestly, I don't play well and my skill on building don't go more than using the principal sets for each mon. So, I decided to participate more in Smogon, and I think this is a great opportunity to improve my knowledge about the tier.
Yes (Rizzo#9074)
Yes

Username: VikavoltIsEpik
PS! Username: Drip Ness
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: About 4-7pm on weekdays (can’t do Monday or Wednesday before 5:30pm and after January can’t do Thursday after 6:30) and 2-7pm on Weekends (after January can’t do 2-5)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started Pokemon Showdown in 2018, however that was just me playing AG with low tier mons and not knowing much about the meta. January this year was when I started playing seriously, in natdex ag and I peaked at 1750. I started playing SS OU in about April, and I peaked at about 1550, then I decided I wanted to properly improve and aim for hopefully the 1600s and maybe even 1700s. I also want to learn more play styles, as I naturally play hyper offense and I usually am in that mindset when playing with bulkier teams, leading me to not perform as well with them which is something I want to fix.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Vikavolt is epic #9298

Username: hamiltonion
PS! Username: hamiltonion
Your timezone: gmt -5
Usual Hours of Availability: evenings everyday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm returning after a long hiatus. I used to main Ubers (in like BW lol) but now I want to learn more about SS OU. Also would like to get back into the tournament scene.
Are you able to use Discord?: HarryPoggers#7282

Username: naNo312
PS! Username: naNo312
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Around 9:15pm - 1:45pm any day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I only got into OU recently, but I have been playing a lot of showdown, mainly balanced hackmons and random formats since early 2019. In 2021, I finally made an account and at the time of writing, have played around 1500 games of gen 8 randbats(around 1700 elo peak) and 130 games of gen 8 OU on the account. I don't have a particular playstyle, but I do find gimmicky teams more fun to play. I am also absolutely abysmal at teambuilding. I am currently struggling around 1350-1400 in gen 8 OU.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, my discord tag is naNo#5943
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do
P.S. Sorry, I lurk a lot but don't post/comment on Smogon forums all that much :p

Last edited:
Username: JetShock
PS! Username: I Have A Plan
Your timezone: GMT-7
Usual Hours of Availability: 1400-2359 any day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I usually on play on PS ladder and tourneys. I did not enjoy 7th gen very much but I decided to return for 8th gen just to see if it is fun and I find all the changed pretty interesting. I mainly seek wisdom on how to team build, strategize and insight on why people play this game.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes. SrA Reaves#6050
Yes.

Username: Heheus
PS! Username: Heheus
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: Normally on weekdays after 3 pm and on weekends I am free after 10 am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing real competitive pokemon by maining National Dex, in the time of Dracovish. I continued with National Dex for a while, learning a bit about the meta. After ND, I went on to main OU.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes. My user is scizor14344#4547

Username: Shiox
PS! Username: Shiox
Your timezone: GMT+1 (Germany)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays like 3PM-10PM (Friday 4PM-11PM); Saturday 11AM-11PM; Sunday 11AM-10PM
So basically I have been around casually for quite a while and decided to get into serious competitive just a few months ago and have been entering smaller tours since then. I improved a lot on my own and I think I also am still able to continue doing this on my own, although I would appreciate a tutor to help me push further to the top. I kinda get consistently around 1800 elo in ladder nowadays but there is much room upwards still ^^
ye; Shiox#5512
Yes

Username: AceKun
PO/PS Username: MagicFlareon
Timezone: Gmt+1
Usual hours of availability: 1pm to 10pm, I have a flexible freelance job
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokemon (min 3 sentences): I started playing on Pokemon Online in 2012, however I never was too interested in official Smogon Tournaments and top ladder, so I'm mostly playing on smaller discords and most of my playtime in the last 4-5 years went into Draft Leagues. My main goal would be to get into high ladder (1700-1800 for now) and gain enough experience to feel confident entering official tournaments and do reasonably well.
Are you able to use Discord? Ace#8884

Last edited:
Username: Sunesis
PS! Username: Sunesis
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 5:30 PM - 7:30/8 PM weekends 3 PM - 9 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing around a year ago, played a bit of ou unsuccessfully and was always very bad at it. Mostly play AG, peaked top 20 on usum ladder and did semi decently in two tours, I'd say I'm pretty good at ag and beat some top players. My main goal would just be getting better at ou to do decently on ladder and in tours.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, FruitSalad#6812

Last edited:
Username: Mercupty
PS! Username: Mercupty
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: After 3:30 on weekdays and usually all day on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon:
I started playing showdown in 2018 I’d say im an average to below average player. I mostly play SS OU but I will occasionaly sometimes play older gens the one’s I’d say I play the most are Gen 5 Gen 2 and Gen 7. I feel like I have a lot of knowledge about pokemon but I think I lack the the game sense to apply that knowledge. I want to improve my game sense so I start using my understanding of this game in a more practical way
Are you able to use Discord?:MLGSalmonBoi#1968
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Username: MidnightPK
PS! Username: MidnightPK
Your timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 9 AM - 5 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively and putting a lot of games back in SM OU. I always felt like I lack the general idea of competitive battling and I often just rely on my ability to remember the type chart and click on strong moves rather than concrete plans/setups. I haven't played a whole lot of SM OU but I wanted to get a proper start to my fundamentals because I'm really bad at this game.

I'm hoping that this application goes through as I haven't really met the post requirements required. Not really a forum guy to begin with so I don't know how I would contribute in the forums without it looking like spam.

Username: Rinzer
PS! Username: Rinzer
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Late afternoon and night
I started comp mon when I was a little kid in late 2013 with the release of xy but I had at that time only a surface knowledge, my playing frequency was quite sporadic since I played 1 to 2 times a year until now, which explains my very limited progress since then. I have taken the game a little more seriously since SS but I still feel that there are some glaring gaps in my conceptual and practical knowledge of the game.
Are you able to use Discord: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes

Username: L0LZ4N0m4
PS! Username: L0LZ4N0m4, LaurierLaurier
Your timezone: GMT +11
Usual Hours of Availability: 8pm-1am
I only just started playing competitive Pokemon earlier this year since I've watched games here and there for the past few years without actually trying to play. I have made it only to 1300-1400 on SS OU and BDSP OU.
Yes
Yes

Username: spicyinstaramen
PS! Username: spicyinstaramen
Your timezone: GMT+7
Usual Hours of Availability: 9-11AM, 2-4PM, 7-11PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I know that franchise inside out but have no Pokemon games nor competitive Pokemon experience prior to 2021, and have been digging the complexity as well as the creativity this game has. I wish to break the 1400 barrier and progress as much as I can, learn teambuilding skills from the ground, while also being a positive member of the community and spread knowledge about Pokemon and PS.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, SpicyInstaNoods#8630

Username: Leavers
PS! Username: Leavers
Your timezone: gmt+8
Usual Hours of Availability: 9am - 11am weekdays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started this gen and only play OU. Ive peaked top 10 a couple times on ladder but i cant ever get past that. Recently I joined some stours for ss ou and have done well beating some good players. But I want to get better in all areas.
yes
yes

Username: Lord Xen III
PS! Username: Lord Xen III
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of availability: 7 pm-10 pm EST on weekdays, flexible weekends, typically 1pm - 12 am EST i have availability
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences). I started playing competitive Pokemon during XY OU and through ORAS, but took a break during the S/M era and returned for SS OU after the Dynamax ban. I'm typically a 1500-1600 player, and on my best day I've reached 1700. I'm looking to patch holes in my ability to gameplan and sharpen teambuilding skills, to finally break into the high ladder rankings
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Username: EeveeWillEatYou
PS! Username: EeveeWillEatYou
Your timezone: CET (gmt+2)
Usual Hours of Availability: 3-6 depends on the day
played showdown for quite some time, very on and off in many different tiers. Want to start getting good at OU, mostly through improving my teambuilding and playing.
EeveeWillEatYou#0677

Username:Carlitos007
PS! Username:Camon babby!! or Only Shedinja ツ
Your timezone: GMT-3 14:40
Usual Hours of Availability:
from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
I am a player who reached 1600 in the leader in gen 7. I like the ou and I want to learn more to be better in combat and to be able to enter the competitive arena willing to learn and give my best to improve and learn various concepts
and if there is a coach who speaks Spanish it would be better :D.
Are you able to use Discord?:Camon Baby!!#4703
yes.

Last edited:
Username: Fivell

PS! Username: Fivell

Your timezone: GMT+2

Usual Hours of Availability: Currently almost all day everyday except wednesday and saturday. Possibly prone to change, in which case I'd be available most evenings and sunday all day.

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started getting loosely interested in competitive Pokemon as early as 2008 and later got to enjoy some of the very last days of shoddy battle. I've been playing the game on sims on and off since then, attending my first team tournaments back in 2015 on small communities, and trying my hands at about any tier and format I had interest in (all gen OUs, 6-8g low tiers, VGC, OMs, you name it). I have never shown outstanding nor reliable results to show due to a very inconsistent investment in the game. However, I've played a decent share of SS OU up to mid 2021, and I'd like the help of a tutor to get back in shape first and foremost, and also to try and reach new heights for my standards.

Are you able to use Discord?: Yes; Fivell#1540

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I do.

Last edited:
Username:BastrIEX
PS! Username: Only BastrIEX
Timezone: UTC+1
Usual Hours or Availability:I am usually present every day at 17:30 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays I have more time, maybe at 14:00 p.m.
Tell us a little about experience in competitive Pokemon(min.3 sentence)
I played pokemon for a year or two but competitive for 1 or 2 weeks, my maximum was 1300 in gen8 or ou and if there is a spanish trainer I would like it more
Are you able for Discord?:Yes BASITX11#2999
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes,

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)