Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SS OU

Assigned to: devin

Username:SpookyZ
PO/PS: Spookyz
Time zone: gmt+4
Usual Hours of Availibity:Everyday but on week days not open 8am-4pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Managed to get 1900 in my first week of playing mons. Got 7th place on the oras ladder and want to get better at ss ou
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Tutoris a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Assigned to ThelordofbadRNG

Username: Harpp
PS! Username: Harpp
Your timezone: GMT +5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: 1 pm est to 3 pm est almost everyday. More free on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitive Pokemon for more than 2 years now, with mainly focusing on Monotype where I have done decent in tours having won couple seasonals with decent showing in MPL. I am looking to expand my knowledge as a player and participate in other tier like ou where I can test myself even more.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Omega X7
PS! Username: Omega X7
Your timezone: GMT +5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons everyday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I heve played for 1 month on alt accts.Just a beginner,will need all the help i can get,have a basic idea of competitive pokemon.i have hit 1700 with a weather team on gen 7 ou,also i have a basic idea of how smogon works

Last edited:
assigned to ThelordofbadRNG

Username: ReadTheMango
PS! Username: ReadTheMango
Time zone: GMT+11 (Shifting on daylight savings to GMT+10)
Usual Hours of Availability: 7pm-9pm Weekdays, 10am-10pm on Saturdays, 10am-8pm Sundays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been playing OU competitively since the beginning of XY. I've always hovered around 1500, peaking at 1650 in ORAS. I want to improve upon my fundamental play (both building and battling) to really compete in tournaments, and climb to high ladder consistently (1800+).

Assigned to: Pais

Username: Ta9967
PS! Username: Plunder
Your timezone: GMT +3
Usual Hours of Availability: Free pretty much at any time apart from 12pm-5pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I used to play monotype back in 2013, stopped for a while and got back into pokemon cause of quarantine, started playing monotype again and a bit of ou, thanks to the newest dlc theres alot more team building options, so I'd love to learn how to build and improve.

Assigned to Quaze

Username: SOMAL
PS! Username: Somalia
Your timezone: GMT 0
Usual Hours of Availability: Free pretty between 6-10pm my time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Want to get into the main and most important metagame on Smogon. I lack metagame knowledge, teambuilding skills. I have declined significantly in terms of battling prowess and want to get back in the game properly.

assigned to Hockey1

Username: Zeno420
PS! Username: Zeno420
Your timezone: EST (gmt-5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 2-5pm, all day on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’m consistently on top ladder hovering around 1.9-2k for ssou but I been taking a break after doing shifu reqs. I would say I’m pretty good at ssou, ndou, and smou. Also been in the adpl with a record of 5-2, pretty new to the competitive scene in general. Currently partaking in the ssdl and sspl! I just want to take the next step and become an even better player!
Are you able to use Discord?: yes my user is Zeno#6613
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Assigned to Niko

Username: kalifguest22
PS! Username: kalifguest22
Your timezone: EST (GMT+5?)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends 3 PM to 9 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I got started in the pre-DLC metagame, and I remember really hating Dracovish lmao. I never really got past low ladder, even now I struggle. I'm also trying to get into old gens. Particularly enjoying SM and gonna try out GSC, ADV, DPP, and BW a bit more.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yep.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.
kalifguest24#4821

Assigned to: Pais

Username: Alumn
PS! Username: ALUMN
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday at night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played pre DLC. Stopped from playing. Now I want to learn when the metagame is stable and no new Pokemon wave will come.

Username: Rotten
PS! Username: itsrotten
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 4pm-10pm weekends any time-12am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've started playing Monotype for almost a year now, but i've also been interested in other tiers as well. OU is one of the most popular tiers and I really want to expand my knowledge on the tier + gameplay so I can get better at the metagame and mons in general. I'm also looking forward to joining more OU tours in the future once I have more knowledge on it.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Username: Emil Heskey
PS! Username: Emil Heskey
Your timezone: +5:30 GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: everyday 7pm- 10pm and 6am-9am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in 2010, did not take it seriously at all till 2013. Then watched a bit of shofu and used proper team. In 2015-2016 I hit the top 10 on the ORAS ladder a few times. Then I stopped a month before SM, then started playing in march. Tried a bit but havent been able to break past 1400s on ss ou ladder. Also want to get into sm.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: pokeloop99
PS! Username: Rahmufasarah
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays after 17:00, weekends are primarily free
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Showdown for several years now, with Gen 7/8 being my most played; specifically OU and Monotype. I've done the B101 program before for BSS. I'd like to get some experience with Smogon tiers, particularly the lower usage ones.

Username: Skeptcal Dingo

PS! Username: Skeptcal Dingo / ACADEMY SD

Your timezone: GMT + 9.5

Usual Hours of Availability: after work most weeknights for 5-6 hours and most Saturdays. For 3-4 hours.

My name is Skeptcal Dingo, but people call me SD. I signed up for tutoring before but wasn’t successful so I looked for other help. In mid February 2020 I found jamvad and his academy. I bought his book and hit 1700 on ss0u in 10 days from 1100. I’ve learnt about tilting, metagame changes and mindset in that time and a hit 1800 for the first time a few months ago. In jamvads academy I was drafted to a PL. I played my first game in week 2 and won. I continued to win both my other matches and Our team went undefeated in the regular season. I watched all replays of my peers for the tier I have chosen to learn, i am at the start of my journey and whilst I have had success pretty quickly I know there is still heaps to learn.

Last edited:

Midnight Fredrick

Formerly The Ozymandias
Assigned to ashwins72

Username: Midnight Fredrick
PS! Username: Midnight Fredrick
Your timezone: EST (-05:00)
Usual Hours of Availability: Any day after 5:00pm, or between 12:00pm and 2:00pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing since ADV. I've peaked around 1800s this gen at the beginning of Crown Tundra but I took a break and I'm finding it hard to get in the correct mindset again. I'd say I'm a low-to-mid ladder player normally, somewhere around 1500-1650 most of the time, with some horrible slumps below that too. I wanted a teacher to help point out my bad plays/habits and to help me go over and games to identify which Mons I should have realized were win conditions and which were not necessary. A teacher to help me evaluate long-term risk/reward in longer balance/stall games plus general team building would greatly up my game.

Yugon

Did somebody say KFC?
is a Tiering Contributor
assigned to devin

Username: Yugon
PS! Username: Yugon.exe
Your timezone: +11
Usual Hours of Avaliability: 7-10pm weekdays 11am-10pm weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): My name is Yugon and I started competitive last year. Played during ORAS times but only Randbats back then. I main SS OU and ND OU atm. I don't ladder anymore because I find it unfun so I just participate in discord PL's and smogon seasonals.

Username: Hervalt
PS! Username: Hervalt
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday - Friday after 6pm, and anytime during weekend
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started to play competitive in 2017, so I played SM during long time. Now I start in SS but I don't really know how to build correctly or improve my gameplay, and how to have a great gameplan when I start a game. This is why I'm here.

Last edited:
Assigned to: Niko

Username: Maxomega
PS! Username: Maxomega
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday - Thursday: 7 pm to 9 pm ; Friday: 7 pm to 11 pm ; Saturday: 11 am - 11 pm ; Sunday: 11 am - 9 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively last year (but discovered PS! in 2018), and I'm mostly an Ubers player. I explored the tier and its old gens during this year, and now I'd like to learn a new tier. I really like building and discovering new sets, and I think that's an advantage. However, my ingame is not the best, and learning a new tier will help me being better. Finally, learning OU is also a great way for me to help my mates during teams tournaments.

Username: SanJl
PS! Username: SanJl
Usual Hours of Availability: Especially saturday and sunday in the afternoon
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started to play pokemon around 3years ago with some breaks in SMUU. I keep playing ss uu but the tier is whack so I'm trying to learn SS OU actually

Username: Own3y
PS! Username: L 0 R D E
Your timezone: GMT0
Usual Hours of Availability: Most afternoons and weekends, depends on job schedule
I started playing mons back in 2011 in Pokémon Online, some years after that (late bw2 and beginning of xy) I started playing on a higher level in the spanish community but I ended dropping mons for playing lol. I haven't played mons until 2 weeks ago where I started playing some OU again. I feel the tier is shit but I think is necessary to understand how it works if I'm going to play more and I need help for that u3u.
Are you able to use Discord?:
yes
yes

Clone

No more next year
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Clone
PS! Username: Clone
Your timezone: -5
Usual Hours of Availability:
night time hours my time, to include overnight hours, to early morning
I played back in XY/ORAS but quit due to life/other interests at the time. Was a tutor back in the day but that was when I knew the meta. Looking to learn this meta to maybe do a few tournaments here and there
ya
ya

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Username: MMF
PS! Username: Schizooo
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: usually 830-10 pm Mon-Fri // Anytime on weekends
At one point I was a fairly decent tourny player. Played in some SPLs in my day mainly NU. Was on the QC team and did a lot of community work. Battled my fair few of trainers lol
Yes
Yes

Username: Bpewn
PS! Username: Bpewn
Your timezone: Est
Usual Hours of Availability: Varies from day to day.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in 2016, but started comp in April.my peak ing en 8 ou is around 1600, and I tilted a lot and am at 1300 rn. I enjoy random bats.
Are you able to use Discord?: ye
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye

Abhisdn417

huh????
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: Abhisdn417
PS! Username: Abhisdn417
Your timezone: GMT+5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: 2-19, Anytime on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started comp a few months back with SSOU, and have been improving at the metagame and would like to improve further. I rate teams in the RMT forums and have participated in a couple Tours(although I performed very poorly).

Assigned to: Niko

Username: simp
PS! Username: s1mpp
Timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime on weekends, varies on weekdays but will let people know in advance.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing on PS! in late October, starting with AG and playing a lot of webs on the ladder. I then moved to OU, playing with a Pinkacross hail team pre Urshifu ban, then laddering for a while, reaching 1400s. I then started building some teams, one of my first teams being posted on the RMT forums a few weeks back.

Username: Oda123
PS! Username: Oda123
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: All Weeks to 8 am to 4 pm - 7 pm until 9 PM
I have been playing pokemon for 3 years but only in the Ingame since I discovered this page I would like to learn about the competitive and I joined the Major OU and Smogon Tour as a way to get into this tier, I started with sample teams and then I concentrated to play with my teams but I do not handle them all I've been playing for 5 days and with some help in the important aspects of the game I can hold on to the development of SS which is the generation with which I am starting to play OU.
Yes
Yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)