Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SS OU

Username: Nowno
PS! Username: Noownoo / Nowno
Your timezone: gmt +2
Usual Hours of Availability
: really depend on the moment, but most of the type, 4-9 pm on weeks and all weekend.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started showdown for various reasons, but it was at the beggining of swsh, and I didn't really like the meta so I sticked with SM then ND. I really only played the ladder, my best rank to hit like third or something at some point in ND, but I only started trying some tournaments on smogon about 3 months ago. Obviously, I didn't got any huge results + ss ou is much more present than anything and I think it looks much more pleasant than before, but it's hard to learn the meta alone, so..
Are you able to use Discord?:
yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yes

Username: SidTheShuckle
PS! Username: SidTheShuckle
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: 6-10 pm PST on weekdays and weekends (unless otherwise notified to the tutor)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started Pokemon Showdown in 2017 during the SM era playing RandBats. Then I learned about OU, the second most popular format in Showdown, so I started playing there frequently. I also gave my hand at Ubers and AG. Later down the years I would play other formats such as LC and do tournaments outside of Smogon until I joined my first OST in 2021. My ladder score in OU wavers around 1400-1500 with 1600s being my peak, but I get stuck on the same ladder score for over 1000 battles, not being able to go higher enough to crack the Top 100 yet alone reach #1. I know how to build, and I know the type matchups and what pokemon are viable in the current meta, but I want to improve myself with some guidance and pointers on how to become a better battler.
Yes
Yes

Username: Thesoldier1
PS! Username: Thesoldier1
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: every day after 18:00 pm and the weekend is available all day
I started playing competitively at the end of last year some official and unofficial tournaments, I am interested in acquiring more experience in tutoring in sm ou
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: Coolcodename
PS! Username: Coolcodename
Your timezone: UTC+5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: I’m usually available from 10pm to 12am during weekdays and I am available from 10pm to 2am during weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started competitive around when the second dlc came out for pokemon sword and shield and I play ou decently often and I feel I have decent teambuilding skills and I want to focus on battling with my tutor but my teambuilding can definitely become much better.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

AA

formerly Attitude adjuster
Username: Attitude Adjuster
PS! Username: Attitude Adjuster
Your timezone: Est
Usual Hours of Availability: After 12 pm is ideal
About me:
I have been playing Pokemon showdown since 2016 kinda just playing Ag and AAA type tiers at some point I left ps then came back in early 2020 and have gotten into Monotype playing in MWCOP and a few other bigger tours. Recently I have been trying to get into OU but I don't really have a ton of experience with ou so I was hoping to understand the meta and learn how to build this tier.

Username: ragmatho
PS! Username: ragmatho
Your timezone: GMT+10
Usual Hours of Availability: I'll be available most of the time for now, around 11am-9pm-ish
It all started around 2017 when I got introduced to Pokémon showdown, i didn't think of it much and thought it was some sort of "Random Battle Simulator" and I thought it was fun, until I dug deeper into it and realized that there's a whole thing about competitive Pokémon battling, and that's when I created my smogon account, however things did go as planned, and after a year in 2018 I decided to call it quits, until this year in 2021, I didn't think about it a lot until I keep on mentioning it in my thoughts, and one day I'm just like "ahh, whatever" and here I am ready to begin again, I haven't learned much from gen 8 style yet, but hopefully i will get to understand it more, and hopefully i will get back into Competitive Pokémon with this!
Skeno#6236, Yeah
Yes

Username: SlippySlappySwampy
PS! Username: Endrism
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability:
1PM-8PM Everyday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon:
I've been playing on and off since 2016, Playing VGC in the early days, but migrated over to OU. SSOU is the hardest I've committed to a meta, and recently have becoming more active on the forums due to that. Recently I've been able to get myself up to the high 1500s on my best days, but every time I reach that height I stall out and begin to fall. I believe my biggest problem to be my gamesense, as I will a lot of times over or under predict, and I can never tell exactly what I should be doing in every scenario. My teambuilding could also use some work because I just don't understand complex EV spreads, and tend to favor the recommended spreads showdown gives despite the fact that I know I shouldn't.
Yep!
Yes

dex

As far as I know, I'm immortal
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: dex
PS! Username: dex18
Your timezone: For the time being it is -4, though it will be -7 in October
Usual Hours of Availability: After 6pm -4 every day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing on showdown during XY and just sort of dabbled with a bunch of tiers in XY and SM. I started taking it a bit more seriously during SS, where I started entering tours and laddering in OU and CAP, which is my main tier. I've attempted to go for voting rights in both the Urshifu and Spectrier suspect tests but came up just short both times. I additionally participated in OST, ending up losing to the goat Empo. I've been top 500 in OU, just looking for a bit of help to get up and past the 1700s.

Last edited:
Username:MoonLord
PS! Username:MoonLord07
Your timezone: est
Usual Hours of Availability: most days im kinda free
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been a pokemon fan for a while got into competitive through vgc and gave singles a shot this past year i wanna improve as a player.
Yes MoonLord#3228

Username: dmbros
PS! Username: dmbros
Your timezone: gmt+4
Usual Hours of Availability: 1:30 - 3 , 6-7 , 8:30-9:30 , all times in pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started ou 3months ago , am very good reached 1400 , need refining and very bad at ou teambuilding wanna learn that too.
Are you able to use Discord?: yea
yea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)