Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SS RU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ

that wasn't very cash money of you
is a Top Tutoris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
B101 Leader

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SS RU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, MUST have at least 35 posts before signing up for tutoring. If you do not reach that threshold, you WILL be skipped.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use either Discord?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Assigned to Sensei Axew

Username: TectonicDestroyer
PO/PS! Username:TectonicDestroyer
Your timezone: Gmt+8
Usual Hours of Availability: available gmt-4 8am to around 10 to 12am, and 6pm to 9pm. Can even go more extreme probs on weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive been trying slowly learn smogon metas in order to try and get better. Previously only played BSS and OMs, so trying to learn more of the smogon metas. Ive been learning old gens for now, and now i wanna go into the gen8 metas. I managed to finish victory for old gens if that means anything.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes

Assigned to Averardo

Username: Makkususu
PS: Cherryb0ng
Timezone: Gmt+1
Usual hours of availability: Weekdays 3pm-6pm (9.30pm-11pm) weekends also include mornings.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played in various old gen tournaments on Smogon and have an understanding of the fundamentals. My main focus has been gen2 and 5 although I have experience in SM OU (so my knowledge of some of the mechanics should carry over). I am interested specifically in RU because it resembles some of the lower tiers of formats I have played and covered in my videos.
I feel the need to get into this meta for the fact that I plan on joining a team tour. There are definitely some skills in teambuilding that can be refined that I think would help me.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes cherryb0ng#9563

Last edited by a moderator:
Assigned to Mavis

Username: RahelGamer03
PS: RahelGamer03
Timezone: Gmt-4
Usual hours of availability: All Day 1-3pm 7-10pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Competitive game since 2019 where I started with SM Pu which is my main and I have always been playing low tiers in SM since I entered the tutorial of sm ubers and sm monotype and from there I started to be interested in sm oldgens and lowtiers, in ss I have not played much more competitive monotye and I would like to try ss ru
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes RahelGamer03#8102

Assigned to Averardo

Username: DYA
PS: itsDYA
Timezone: Gmt+1
Usual hours of availability: All Day 1-3pm 7-10pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing ubers in sm but didn’t like it at all and then i started playing monotype and it’s my main nowadays, sadly ss mono is bad. I played a bit all the ss tiers a bit and the most i liked are ru and ou, I already learned about ssou so now i want to try ss ru

Salamanders

HoeenHero's Speelchekr
Assigned to Sensei Axew

Username: Salamamders
PS name: Instruct
Timezone: Gmt-4
Usual hours of availability: Available from 3pm to Midnight everyday until lockdown ends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played a lot of gen 7 monotype but honestly something felt off about moving to gen 8. I am planning on continuing in playing competitive mons and RU looks like a lot of fun of to play. Also, I really don’t want trivia to get curbstomped in PSPL so I want to give a fighting chance for when they play.

devinn

Formerly DevinSmokesYall
Assigned to: Averardo

Username: DevinSmokesYall
PO/PS! Username: FRS Technician
Your timezone:gmt+5
Usual Hours of Availability: i am mostly available thanks to quarantine
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am a ou main, i haven't ever played lower tiers but i would love to learn more about them. I started off in 2011 and was a ladder player until Jan 2020 where i joined smogon. (Yeah rip took me a while was going through a lot of stuff, yk life). I would wanna tell more but it would make this even longer. So ima keep it this short
Are you able to use either Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Assigned to: Sensei Axew

Username: ForgottenOnes
PO/PS! Username: ForgottenOnes
Your timezone:gmt-7
Usual Hours of Availability: i am mostly available thanks to quarantine
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played during ORAS but then quit mons. I picked it back up a month or two ago. Currently playing a bunch of different tiers to try it out and just seeing what's the most fun. Had a tutor for RU (I think) before in ORAS as well.
Are you able to use either Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)