Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SS UU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ

champagne papi
is a Top Tutoris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
B101 Leader

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SS UU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, MUST have at least 35 posts before signing up for tutoring. If you do not reach that threshold, you WILL be skipped.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gross Sweep

is a Top Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Live Chat Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Assigned to: Estarossa

Username: Gross Sweep
PO/PS! Username: Gross Sweep
Your timezone: -5, talked to to Esta who said it would be okay if I had good availability.
Usual Hours of Availability:
Currently could be on from 9 AM tell like 2 AM my time if needed.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have mainly played OU during my time on smogon. This generation the meta has gotten a bit stale, and I'd like to give another tier a try. Just looking over the VRs, UU seemed the most interesting to me so I figured I'd give it a go. As far as battling goes I'm confident in my general ability to play the game, though would welcome feedback of any kind since I'm far from amazing. Really interested in building help for this tier.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Never away from my discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to Moutemoute

Username: Floss
PO/PS! Username: Flossed Over
Your timezone: +5.5 (close enough)
Usual Hours of Availability: Prefer weekends, can do nights my time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played mostly monotype in my time on Smogon, which has been since the start of last year. I have some tours experience, both Smogon and in Discord tours, and would like to expand my horizons with other tiers, such as OU and UU. While I feel I can play well, I have no idea of the UU meta and would like to learn it since it seems interesting.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes

assigned to Moutemoute

Username: SiTuM
PO/PS! Username: SiTuM
Your timezone: gmt+2
Usual Hours of Availability: quite all day since quarantine and stuff
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i've started around early 2015 and have achieved some good things. but my main goal has always been to be versatile to the best of my possibilities, and uu is a tier which i liked a lot in oras and sm so i'd really like to improve in ss uu.
Are you able to use either Discord?: y
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

assigned to Estarossa

Username: asmirnov
PO/PS! Username: asmirnov
Your timezone: -3 gmt
Usual Hours of Availability: daytime, sometimes i nap so i stay up until late at night.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've joined a few tourneys before, with very little success. I feel like I'm missing something, a piece of critical thinking that makes everything click... maybe I'm talking nonsense lok
Are you able to use either Discord?: ye

assigned to Accelgor

Username: Juuno
PO/PS! Username: Juuno
Your timezone: -4
Usual Hours of Availability: lol lmao corona
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started back in 2012 but was pretty much a lurker. I joined the UU community and eventually Smogon in 2017 and 2018 respectively. Took a long hiatus around late 2018 / early 2019 and returned in time for Majors, though I didn’t participate in it. I’m now trying to find my groove in SS UU.
Are you able to use either Discord?: yuh
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yuh

Assigned to: Lilburr

Username: Expulso
PO/PS! Username: Expulso

Your timezone: GMT -4 (US East)

Usual Hours of Availability: after 10:30 PM works best but honestly whenever! I probably wouldn't want to do more than like 1 hour per session, i can't really block off 2-3 consecutive hours for this especially with finals. I will have some time now but will be more free in 2 weeks when school ends.

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played RU / LC in 2013-2016 before quitting and returning near the end of 2019, so I have a lot of experience. I now play mostly RU and NU, both of which I enjoy - i'm in RUPL and NUPL which are really fun, and would love to get to that level for UU in the future! I am a very solid player in tiers that I am familiar with.

I would probably want to work most on:
1) getting familiar with the tier's major threats, good cores, etc. and
2) being able to work well in any type of game (i prefer more offensive, fast-paced stuff, and that is how my ru/nu games have generally gone. Being patient when breaking thru shit like milotic/celebi/gigalith/sylv is prob something I need to practice)

Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes! Expulso#7025

why did I write so much for this LOL my bad!

assigned to Lilburr

Username: Eve
PS! Username: eveza
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of availability: all I really have to do in the afternoon/evening at the moment is eat dinner and maybe occasional chores so basically whenever
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing seriously since early 2017 in a variety of tiers, but never really made much of a splash anywhere other than in the LGPE scene which is very different. SS UU has been my main tier for the duration of the gen but I've struggled to really achieve much here either, regularly being outperformed by friends who don't actively play the tier. I definitely share the sentiment that a lot of other tutees seem to have- I feel as though I'm missing some vital aspects of game understanding that click with others, and would like to see if tutoring could assist with this (or other things if relevant).
Are you able to use Discord?: mhm!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye

jeronipuff

Man made the web, you don't need a name.
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: jeronipuff
PO/PS! Username: jeronipuff

Your timezone: GMT -4 (US East)

Usual Hours of Availability: After 6PM most weekdays. Free pretty much all weekends.

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been around for a min, but have been out of the UU loop since the Home drops. Been doing decent in OU tours but haven't played much when it comes to UU tours. Have peaked top 10 in UU and other tiers just not recently. Battle Factory goat.

Need a refresher in UU and would like to get experience to play in more tours and meet others in the community.

Are you able to use either Discord?: !jeronipuff#5013

Ausma

pick a sack.
is a Pre-Contributor
Assigned to Lilburr

Username: Ausma
PS! Username: aausma
Your timezone: CST
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm usually free, and prefer times from 1-10 pm CST throughout the summer. Once summer concludes, though, I'd prefer 3-8 pm CST through the week, but retain 1-10 pm on the weekends. Though, while I may have to do work every so often, I easily have more than enough time for the tutoring round.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive Pokemon since about Gen 5, and as such I have a wealth of experience on the scene, though I've only started to surface to the public about 6 or so months ago at the start of Gen 8. I've already gotten a lot of experience just in general in the form of playing ORAS OU, SM OU, SM Ubers, SM UU, SS OU, and SS UU, and have gotten top 500 on a few alts before. However, despite being very close to getting voting requisites on many occasions, I've never managed to hit the mark. I've always wanted to really amp up my playing to higher levels, and as such I've been trying to learn more and more about what makes the tiers as well as myself as a player click. I've been getting some help already from some people, but I want to improve and begin to learn more on a much more advanced level, and SS UU has easily been one of my favorite tiers in a long time in playing and development, and one that I feel will be the one to help me finally get a full grapple onto Smogon singles.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yep! Khloe#0023

Jho

is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Driveris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Estarossa

Username: Jho
PS! Username: Jho
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Pretty much everyday 11am-midnight
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive mons since around 2013, starting off in the early XY metas. Since then I've gotten quite a bit better, placing decently in some unofficial or smaller tournaments and having decent success on ladders, but failing to find any sort of consistency due to having big areas of weakness in evaluating risk in games and identifying and playing towards my win conditions. Recently I have been getting into UU quite a lot, playing a decent amount of the ladder and participating in some forum projects as I find it to be the most fun of the SS metagames and would love to improve as a whole whilst also learning and improving at UU!
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I Do

Username: noninvasiveweeb
PS! Username: nathancarter20033
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm available every day Noon-11pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started competitivly playing on cart in SM, but I didn't start PS! Until SS. I've mostly played OU and UU, tho I'm not amazing. I peaked at about 1600 on ladder, but I want to become more experienced and consistent in the UU metagame
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username: 52Gambit
PS! Username: Gambit52
Your timezone: PST (GMT -7)
Usual Hours of Availability: Available pretty much every day from 3PM-12AM unless something comes up, although I'm really flexible to fit the time of whoever picks me up if I am picked up, so really anytime works.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Got into mons late summer of 2019, so basically the end of USUM, didn't really care to take it seriously or check out Smogon until pretty recently, been enjoying it ever since and enjoy lower tiers more than OU. Peaked #94 in PU and about 1650 on SSOU ladder, I'm not all that and a bag of chips when it comes to battling but I want to become more consistent. However, I've really been wanting to get into the UU metagame but never got the chance to during the USUM days, so here I am now that SSUU has become insane due to DLC/Tier changes! :]
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, gambit#6682

Last edited:
Username: Shaad Skyel
PS! Username: Shaad Skyel
Your timezone: gmt+2
Usual Hours of Availability: Pretty much In the evening and Week end.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Playing on Smogon and Showdown since 2018 with SM, but never made great things in Tournament or Ladder due to being bad at Teambuilding. So i want help especially to teambuilding and the massive change happening in the tier is a big opportunity to begin with.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Shaad#3129

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)