Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SS UU

Username: Doomstadt
PS! Username: Doomstadt
Your timezone: gmt -5
Usual Hours of Availability: everyday super flexible willing to make anything work
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’m trash but enjoy uu so would like to really commit to the uu scene during this upcoming year.
Are you able to use Discord?: Ya
Doomstadt#1371
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: pokeloop99
PS! Username: Rahmufasarah
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability:
Weekdays after 17:00, weekends are primarily free
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been playing Showdown for several years now, with Gen 7/8 being my most played; specifically OU and Monotype. I've done the B101 program before for BSS. I'd like to get some experience with Smogon tiers, particularly the lower usage ones.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

assigned to Moutemoute

Username: Rubyblood
PS! Username: Rubyblood
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Week A available monday, tuesday , wednesday and weekends (flexible on the time) , Week B available Thursday and weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I am an OU player since 2015 and I would like to start seriously the low tier and therefore start with the UU .
I know how the game works, so I only need help with the teambuilding process in uu and learn the meta

Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to avarice

Username: Celebiii
PS! Username: Celebiii32
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Every day 7AM - 12AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitively for a few years now, starting towards the end in ORAS messing around with Monotype teams, playing Gen 7 UU more seriously, and playing Gen 8 seriously now. I can top out around ~1400ish on the ladder but I feel that I'm missing some fundamentals from battling that more experienced players might have; in particular, I think I need to get better at recognizing win conditions in each game, long term play, and the lead aspect of games. My patience could probably use a bit of work as well. I've been able to win a few roomtours as well but in more serious tournaments I don't get far. Looking forward to getting better!

Assigned to Estarossa

Username: sovietsympathizer
PS! Username: iceblazer
Your timezone: IST (GMT +2)
Usual Hours of Availability: Typically, I’m free during the afternoon, so that’s 3-7 PM for me.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I first became interested in competitive Pokemon during ORAS, but I stuck to lurking on these threads or watching videos on YouTube. I made my first PS! account during the start of the SM era, although I was horrible during that time. I improved somewhat during USUM, but not by much. Then, I went on a hiatus until SwSh, and that’s when I decided to start fresh and make my current account. For my tiers, I basically dabble in all of them, although my most played one is PU. Essentially, I feel that I’m missing something from my playstyle, but I theorize that it is a mixture of whether its teambuilding, to stopping threats, or when to stop predicting for once.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, my username is madewithmematic#9620

Magnum

philly nice
is a Pre-Contributor
assigned to Lilburr

Username: Codename Magnum
PS! Username: Codename Magnum
Timezone: GMT +8
Availability: Almost whenever, Holidays for now. If anything changes, i’ll update it!
A little bit about me and competitive Pokemon: I've been playing UU and participating in the forum since mid-Jan, and i've been trying to learn more about the tier everyday. My peak is roughly 1460 on ladder, but I'm sitting at 1330 atm ( I know this isn't impressive, but I think it's alright considering I'm still quite new). I'd really like to improve on my basic battling fundamentals, learn about my preferred play style and correct my battling thought process and i think an experienced player could really help me out with this.
Discord? Yes! Magnum#5270
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yep!

467 11 11p

Banned deucer.
Assigned to: avarice

Username: 467 11 11p
PS! Username: 467 11 11p
Your timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 10 PM - 12 AM, weekends: 4 PM - 8 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early DLC 1 UU and played a tiny bit on the ladder while lurking around on forums. I was not good sadly and did not reach far (was struggling to reach the 1300s). Later on, in July, I started to get more serious about pokemon and Smogon so I started to play in numerous tournaments like uu majors, and then later on uu blitz, uu crown tundra cup (didn't do well in the tours) and suspect tests (got requirements in order to vote for Jirachi and lycanroc). I love the uu community and as such, I would like to be better so I need more practice which is why I am looking to get help.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes my tag is 467#2436

Username: Pokeseba
PS! Username: A normal Bunny
Your Timezone: GMT-5 (EST)
Usual hors of availability: So, my times are not too defined or organized (altough on weekdays i can let to my tutor know if i'm free maybe, but i would really prefer to be tutored on weekends).
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started on pokemon 3 years ago (almost 4 i think), when my cousin introduced me on Pokemon Showdown, then i played it for fun until 1 year ago...
Then i slowly started to get into competitive pokemon, VGC tours specifically, while at the start i was pretty bad on Pokemon, i started getting a little better and a little better, so then i eventually started to get into tours, while i'm not a good player by any means, i had some achievements such as won vs Juno and Sagisolar on a NatDex UU Tour in g3, now i feel like i have a clear concentrate problem on long games and i want to get better at any aspect (teambuild and specially, doing gameplans, because i'm kinda random at the time of play and i don't take my time for do a good gameplan)
Are you able to use discord?: yes Scor the Bunny#0813
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes i do.
1617517172137.png

Last edited:
Username: Rawbi
PS! Username: Rawbi
Your timezone: PDT (GMT-7)
Usual Hours of Availability:
My schedule is usually pretty flexible, though stuff can come up unexpectedly due to work/family/etc. Afternoons work best.
I started playing competitive mons in Gen 4 and have battled on and off ever since. I like UU because you can play a diverse and often very viable pool of mons from lower tiers while avoiding the most cancerous stuff from up top. I regularly take part in challenges like Battle Factory and Research Week. I'm signing up here because I have about a month to kill before I start a new job and want to take my game and teambuilding skills to the next level.
Yes, Rawbi Redbest#6520
Yep!

Username: HydreigonTheChild
PS! Username: Hydreigon > Latias
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: 10am - 12am
. Maybe small breaks here and there
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Well, I started playing showdown in ~2017-2018, started playing OU then came to UU in the times where breloom, mega diancie, and mega venu were in the tier. Mainly played uu because I found it fun, never took it seriously and never bothered joining tours back then. Started taking the game much more seriously in the last 2 years as that is when showdown became my main source of entertainment. I have never reached a very high skill level, even thought I have played for this long and then I was recommend to do tutoring by lily and bandkrook to which here I am.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yeah, ๖ۣHydreigon > Latias༺#9124
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Sure do!

Last edited:
Username: Lolito
PS! Username: haxlolo
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: My schedule is pretty flexible, so unless I have something really important to do I could be there.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Pokemon since 2015-2016 and never have been too much into competitive, until SS came around in which i just played OU for a while, until DLC 1 dropped in which i changed my tier to UU and stayed there. Teambuilding was never my forte so I just used teams from other people, until recently in which I started being active on forums and started building more teams for some tours.
Are you able to use Discord?: yep, Lolo#5354
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yea

Username: TotomonGang
PS! Username: MegaTotomon
Your timezone: GMT-6
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons almost every single day (My timezone) but I am generally very flexible
I started playing competitive Pokemon very recently, I first started playing VGC in the DLC 0 and DLC 1 era, then my interested shifted into singles when the crown tundra arrived especifically the UU metagame, after that I started to be more active on smog forums and the discord and while I have participated in some room tours and suspect tests I am still trying to learn more about teambuilding and playing the tier in general.
indeed, Mega Totomon#8199
Yep

Ampha

A king is a king for his people
Username: Ampha
PS! Username: Amphareixon
Your timezone: -3 gmt
Usual Hours of Availability: usually from 1pm -3 to around like 7:30pm -3 from monday to thursday, 1pm to 1am -3 for friday/weekend
I have started competitive mons around 2017, around 2018 I've got to know tiers better and actually mained LC for most of SMs existence, then on SS's start I actually started playing out OU and RU as well as LC around, altho as soon as DLC 1 dropped I stopped playing OU, and got a bit inact, this year around I've got back to playing a bit more and have been playing LC and RU, and i've actually found the SS UU tier to be cool as i've been watching some UU(F)PL games and wanted to learn about it as well,also w Uni things cooling off a bit rn I have more free time
Are you able to use Discord?: Y, Ampha#8382
Ye, for sure

Username: StevenStone_
PS Username: thendgame_
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
Availability: 12 PM to 3 PM, sometimes later.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I starting playing a decent amount of gen 7 OU but stopped playing after a while, I also played a little bit of early gen 8 OU (pre-DLC) but didn't really get into it. I still hopped onto some randoms occasionally but didn't really starting getting into UU until recently. I've been playing a good amount of UU games in the last week and I think I've gotten a somewhat good feel for the metagame.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Last edited:
Username: Prof.Otaku
PS! Username: P.Otaku
Your timezone: gmt+2
Usual Hours of Availability: 3pm-11pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing showdown seriously at the beginning of the generation in Monotype. I thought I was pretty good, but when I came in contact with good players I realized that I was far from it.
Since then I started to play SS UU, I got out of round 2 of the Open. I'm looking for a way to improve my overall level, and also to learn how to build.
I think that learning to build my own teams rather than relying on others will allow me to have more presence on the competitive scene, with the possibility of preparing myself alone against an opponent.
Thank you for reading everything.

Are you able to use Discord?: y MADAO [Otaku]#3391
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Last edited:
Username: TestTechles (Young Lilo)
PS! Username: Young Lilo
Your timezone: gmt+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Mainly during the weekends around 11PM my time works fine to me
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Always considered myself a very competitive person and tried to push myself to the limits either on comp. pokemon or my life in general. Started a long time ago (around gen 5/6) playing monotype, uu and even ou but only now did I get more into the competitive scene participating on tours over the tier I main as of right now which is SS NU. Been a decent ladder player for awhile (3rd on SS UU ladder atm while using my teams) but feel like I'm still missing a lot of key knowledge regarding how to succeed in the tier and in tours.
Looking forward to a nice experience.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: Ithi
PS! Username: Absinthea
Your timezone: American CST
Usual Hours of Availability: I am almost always available anywhere from 10 am up until 9 pm
Hi! I played a lot during ORAS and monotype was my main tier(peaked 1500 on ladder), I ended up quitting towards the beginning of Su/Mo and I got back into gen 8 a while ago! I've been playing a lot of uu and although I've been seeing improvements on my own, I want to get better at the tier/become a better player as a whole.
Yep! -> Ithi#9452
Yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)