Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO Doubles OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to Matame

Username:
Drud
PS! Name: wild drud
Timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours Of Availability: basically almost always on the weekends and after 3pm every week day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive since shoddy (even though i was a bit of a casual until 2015/2016), i mainly play old gens and LC but i've stumbled on doubles since the latest doubles suspect and i enjoyed it a lot
but wasn't quite good enough to get reqs, i do want to improve at it as it seems like an enjoyable tier
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype ?: I can use Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaori agreed to tutor me

assigned to Kaori

Username: dk
PO/PS! Username: dk
Your timezone: CDT (UTC -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays after 3/4/5-ish and most of the time on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Intermediate-ish singles OU player that's dabbled with the ladder and a couple tours for funsies. First picked up 'mons back in the days of Shoddy Battle DPP and have been playing off and on for a while. Avid tour scene follower as well---I've watched SPL8 replays at least 3 times over lol
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

assigned to miltankmilk

Username
: TonyFlygon
PO/PS! Username: Tony
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: i don't really have any other hobbies atm. :'c
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i'm old. not young. definitely old. :'c
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: this template should probably be updated.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: i do.

i'm a manager in the upcoming spl and i want to be able to help my player prepare better than i could during the snake draft tournament. i'm very serious about learning dou!!! c:

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: GMars
PO/PS! Username: GMars
Your timezone: CST (GMT -6), EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Most afternoons and nights
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played competitively since XY but really got into PS around SM's release. I mainly play OU and used to play quite a bit of LC, and I've been to a few VGC tournaments and midseasons. I'm really interested in learning Doubles OU as a new metagame.

Akaru Kokuyo

Touhou music is :sogood:
is a Tiering Contributor
assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Akaru Kokuyo
PO/PS! Username: Akaru Kokuyo
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: Most afternoons and nights. On weekends, starting on the afternoon until reaaaally late (Only Friday-Saturday tho)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Well I've been in mons for like 4 years. I first played OU, but now im maining DOU. I have got decent results on tours, but I still lack a lot of stuff. I mainly want to learn how to build since I am really bad at it ):

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Firestorm273
PO/PS! Username: Firestorm273
Your Timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually in the afternoons and nights. I can almost always do weekends unless something else shows up.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started getting into competitive Pokemon during XY when I first started learning about EVs, IVs, natures, and egg moves (before that I was a more casual player and played HeartGold). I've participated in several online tournaments and I usually do really well. These tournaments are usually singles, but whenever a doubles tournament would show up I would enter and usually not do all that great. I just really want to understand double battles in general and how to build teams that would help me win in double battles.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: silverwhiteblue
PO/PS! Username: silverwhiteblue
Your Timezone: gmt+2/3 (its not really american, but i usually have no issues with american timezones since its close enough
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i've been here a while so it's kinda bad that im still signing up for this but hey, quit for a small while and came back to see weird stuff like stealth rock be viable. kind of in just to get some sort of recap on the new meta from an updated doubles ou main ! most of the community knows me, probably my tutor too if i get one so shouldn;t be hard !
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works:yes

if my timezone is deemed to hard to deal with feel free to ignore/delete my post

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: SadisticNarwhal
PO/PS! Username: SadisticNarwhal
Your Timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons on most weekdays, and weekends mostly all day for now
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing comp mons for almost a year now. I tried doubles ladder once and went like 20-0 but I heard the ladder is really bad that low. I mostly play old gens but doubles is a tier I think has really tricky team building and play so I think it would be cool to learn.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: iRKD
PO/PS! Username: iRKD
Your timezone: GMT -8
Usual Hours of Availability: Wed-Friday after 3PM and anytime weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Came back a few months ago and started playing in tours to improve general battling skills with decent results. While singles formats can be universal to play, Doubles to me is like if I was going to a foreign country yet it interests me because of the unique dynamics you have with 2 on the field. Attentive to learn nd spar!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes but prefer Cord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: mhm

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: faded love
PO/PS! Username: faded love
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve played for a long while now, and I know how to perform at a high level. I play mainly USM UU, and consistently am within top 100 on the ladder. I also play regularly and am always looking to improve.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Keahi
PO/PS! Username: Keahi
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings mostly.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been apart of Mono leagues for a while now and am wanting to branch out. An old group I was a part of introduced me to DOU and I love the fast pace of the metagame. Most of my tricks that I've been wanting to try out in Singles work great in Doubles (TrickWind). I'm looking for a new challenge. I've taken part of this program before with Monotype.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes; preference to Discord.

jcbc

formerly Xjckillerx
Username: xJCkillerx
PS! Name: jcbc
Timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours Of Availability: afternoons from weekdays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started to play in BW, and i'm looking forward to improve/learn more abt the tier, since i've been focused on my main NU for a long time.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype ?: I can use both, but prefer Discord, since i stoped using skype when i knew abt disc.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: ImSquishy
PS! Name: ImSquishy
Timezone: MDT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM Weekends: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive a little in Omega Ruby and got more into it in SUMO and want to get into competitive doubles but have experience in singles.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have DIscord but not Skype.

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: MassiveDestruction
PS! Name: MassiveDestruction
Timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability:
Weekdays 4:20/5:00pm-10pm; Weekends: 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started playing competitive in ORAS , i want to learn doubles sumo, but i have experience in singles / actually i play sm ou/ sm nu / bw ou
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
I have Discord

Username: XxAwesomePlayzxX
PO/PS! Username: IHateMooMooMilk
Your timezone: GMT +8
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually in 7am - 9/10am in the morning (all days) and the entire afternoon (weekends)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play a lot of OU Uber and AG as well as OMs like BH and MnM. I’m not too skilled in them but I understand the synergies and stuff Pokemon works with each other. I find Doubles too different from Singles and have a bit of trouble with building a solid team or climbing up higher than 1.3k in the ladder
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have discord

Havens

Hello Darling
is a Tiering Contributor
Mafia Champion
assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Havens
PO/PS! Username: c9 nxtlvl, havens n_n
Your timezone: EST (gmt -4) mainly, though I'm currently gmt+8 for two weeks.
Usual Hours of Availability: typically available in the evenings, but I'm very expendable to the tutor's schedule as well.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been on PS since 2012, but I've only started getting serious on playing competitively just this past year. I primarily play Monotype, where I am currently participating in MPL IV, though I've also enjoyed picking up and playing NU, PU, and Ubers as of late. After successfully participating in the recent Gengarite suspect, I'd like to know more about Doubles, specifically IV spreads, as I feel it relates to the singles format in the sense that knowing how to optomize your pokemon's EV spread is just as important as how to use it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord~
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup.

Username: ae86drftr
PO/PS! Username: ae86drftr
Your timezone: PST.
Usual Hours of Availability:
Very flexible on time. Prefer evenings or early a.m.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have started to try to better understand competitive play doubles format. Hi I would like to learn how to be a better trainer! I played R/B/Y and G/S but nothing else until ORAS. After relearning a mew Pokemon I decided to take the competitive plunge and failed miserably. I attended a couple tournaments and decided I needed better teams and better understandings of the battles and details. Ive read a lot and still want more info! :)
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)