Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.
assigned to Level 56

Username: Wincon
PO/PS! Username: Wincon-Z
Your timezone: GMT-4 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons and weekends (all day)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started competitive pokemon in January of 2014. I started out with just laddering in Randbats(making it to #8 on the ladder), then eventually transitioning to standard tiers starting with ubers, and laddering till 1600s then moving down from ubers all the way to nu. While laddering in nu I got invited to a league and was introduced to monotype. Monotype is the tier I main now, and have had much success in the tier after only starting to enter tournaments a year ago. I’ve won monotype ladder tournament, mono generations, went 6-2 in mono winter premier league and went undefeated in smog exhibition, as well as winning the tournament. I want to branch out from monotype and ubers is my favorite tier outside of mono. I’ve picked up stuff here and there from watching YouTubers and smog expo teammates, but I need someone to help me take that next step to be able to build and play at a tour player level in Ubers.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to CKW

Username: implaser
PO/PS! Username: implaser01
Your timezone: IST(+5:30 GMT)
Usual Hours of Availability: usually free all day as i have my summer break right now
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): My best tier would be monotype as I have reached Top 10 a few times o the ladder with several types. I also play a lot of old gens OU but am not that good with them. Not mch experiece with SUMO Ubers
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: Ahzee
PO/PS! Username: Ahzee
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: every night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): It's been a while since I started the strategy but I never really took the game seriously, I always played fun teams but now I would like to get into the competition so try to play seriously.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

Username: Sas0
PO/PS! Username: Sas0
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: all weekend and every night i can take time. (I starting with my university exams so maybe can be aviable every days but i can take time ^^)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have experience in general, i played bw ubers when i played pokemon in 2014/2015 but now im really astray in the metagame.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Sas0#4043

Username: Above & Beyond
PO/PS! Username: Anjunabeast
Your timezone: GMT -7
Usual Hours of Availability: Flexible over the summer, but weekends definitely
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I would consider myself a relatively good player, who has played a lot on the ladder, but I decided I wanted to get into the tournaments recently and made an account. I have played for quite a while before this though, and have always wanted to learn Ubers. I primarily play offense, and have a good feeling of the tactical side of the game, like how to play myself out of certain positions and making reads and predictions, but when it comes to more balanced playstyles I struggle a lot building and playing a more strategic game. I would also like to get more involved in the community as a whole, and would look forward to having the support of someone who is already a part of the larger community.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited:
assigned to Level 56

Username: Sensei Moon
PO/PS! Username: Ahh General Kenobi
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Flexible until August 19th, then weekends only after that.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I only seriously got into Ubers back when the Goth Suspect was first announced. Since then, I've been crafting teams that utilize several different play styles and I especially enjoy Bulky Offense builds that incorporate Gothitelle. I've managed to do well in a couple of room tours in the Ubers room and have been able to make the Top 500 on Ubers Ladder a few times before slightly tilting. Generally, I find it relatively easy to create interesting teams that can synergize and perform well. However, I have a much harder time reading my opponent out and figuring out the best tactical move to make (be it a double switch or a trade). I would love to up my game through the tutelage of someone more experienced, as I genuinely want to become a more noticeable presence in both the Ubers community and the competitive tournaments scene.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord Only

assigned to Minority

Username: JLK 17
PO/PS! Username: JLK 17
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability:
I have availability at night between 7 and 10 p.m. between monday to saturday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played in the PS since 2017, where I am most active in a Brazilian site, I had a very complicated start, but with enough training I managed to be a champion in a Ubers tournament on that site in a year, so I started to participate more actively in smogon, where I got to R4 in Ubers grand slam, I really like the tier, it's where I have the most fun playing
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)