Arbok (UU Mini) [GP 1/1]

pac

pay 5000, gg?
is a Contributor Alumnus
1629291790229.png

hisssssssssssss

[OVERVIEW]

Arbok has an extremely small and specific niche in the metagame thanks to its unique access to Glare and its Wrap. This lands it a role as a paralysis spreader, pivot, and wincon on some Wrap teams. It's also notable for its Poison typing, which blocks Toxic, a move that cripples most Wrap users. This allows it safe entry against Pokemon like Persian that often carry Toxic. Its typing also allows it to check Grass-types such as Tangela and Venusaur. In addition, Arbok has fantastic coverage in Earthquake and Rock Slide, the combination of which is unresisted in the tier.

However, the positives end there. Arbok's typing, while providing it a niche, also leaves it cripplingly weak to Psychic and Earthquake, two very common moves in the metagame. This gives it poor matchups against some of the tier's most notable Pokemon, such as Kadabra and Dugtrio. These weaknesses, along with its poor bulk, mean Arbok is doomed to struggle defensively. Arbok is also weak and lacks a good STAB move, so it can struggle to threaten in ways outside of paralysis spreading and Wrap. Arbok also has to compete with Tentacruel, an omnipresent Pokemon with a better matchup spread and more offensive presence.

[SET]
name: Glare + Wrap
move 1: Glare
move 2: Wrap
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Hyper Beam / Rock Slide

[SET COMMENTS]

Glare lets Arbok cripple Pokemon that are normally difficult to paralyze, most notably Thunder Wave-immune Ground-types like Dugtrio. It's then able to outspeed them and pivot out with Wrap, allowing a teammate more suitable for the matchup to come in while they're immobilized. Earthquake lets Arbok threaten Pokemon that resist its Normal-type attacks, such as Omastar and Golem, as well as ensuring Tentacruel can't switch in for free. Hyper Beam is Arbok's strongest attack, notably KOing Kadabra at 65% and Dugtrio at 54%. This makes it an excellent move for finishing off foes that have been repeatedly chipped down by Arbok's Wrap. Alternatively, Rock Slide grants Arbok unresisted coverage alongside Earthquake, as well as giving it a much better matchup versus Flying-types such as Aerodactyl, Articuno, and Gyarados.

Arbok has a very peculiar place on Wrap spam teams that feature AgiliWrap Dragonite, as it's able to block Toxics that foes such as Persian and Aerodactyl use to check Dragonite and threaten these foes with Glare thereafter. In general, Arbok and Dragonite pair well with each other, as Dragonite also checks Dugtrio, which threatens Arbok with its mighty STAB Earthquake. Arbok also appreciates a Pokemon that checks Psychic-types, so Kadabra and the ubiquitous Hypno pair with it well. Arbok is best used mid-game, spreading paralysis to support endgame sweeps and pivoting into its teammates as needed.

Arbok does not have very many other options, as they generally sacrifice consistency and it doesn't have the stats to take advantage of them well. Toxic can be used to more consistently check AgiliWrap Dragonite and Dragonair than Glare. Body Slam allows Arbok to threaten both paralysis and damage at the same time, deterring switch-ins, but the damage is miniscule due to a lack of STAB and the paralysis chance is low compared to Glare. Acid is Arbok's best STAB move, doing more damage to Tangela than Earthquake or Rock Slide while having a high chance to drop Defense, which allows Arbok to deal further damage, encourage predictable switching, and reapply paralysis Speed drops.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[pac, 520967]]
- Quality checked by: [[May, 236353], [phoopes, 93615]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:

pac

pay 5000, gg?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Opening this up for QC! This mon is rather rare in UU, so I apologize if I got something wrong in how its used since I've only used it a couple times and seen it maybe once.
Not much to go on :psynervous:. Perhaps Sevi 7 could help there, since he's one of the few to have used it?

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Let's do this too. Implement and I'll check again.
Add
Remove

Comments
(AA) = Add Apostrophe

Paging Enigami since iirc they have used Arbok in some tiers before? Maybe I'm high.

[OVERVIEW]

Arbok has an extremely small and specific niche in the metagame, due thanks to its unique access to Glare as well as Wrap. This lands it a role as a paralysis spreader, pivot, and win condition on some Wrap spam teams. It's (AA) also notable for its Poison-typing, which blocks Toxic, a move that cripples most Wrap users and grants it safe entry against users like Persian. Its Poison-typing also allows it to function as a check to Grass-types such as Tangela and Venusaur. In addition, Arbok has fantastic coverage in Earthquake and Rock Slide, the combination of which is unresisted in the tier.

However, the positives end there. Arbok's typing, while providing it a niche, also leaves it cripplingly weak to Psychic and Earthquake, two very common moves in the metagame, used by dominant forces like Kadabra and Dugtrio. This gives it poor matchups against some of the tier's most notable Pokemon, such as Kadabra and Dugtrio. With this, along with its poor bulk, Arbok is doomed to struggle defensively. Its Arbok's Attack stat is also poor for a Pokemon that relies purely on physical attacks, meaning that it can struggle to threaten in ways outside of paralysis spreading. Arbok also has to compete with Pinsir, an already niche Pokemon with a better matchup spread and more offensive presence. (I strongly disagree. Pinsir is an SD Sweeper at heart while Arbok takes a more defensive approach. The real competition is Tentacruel, a Poison-type wrapper that also happens to be the best Pokemon in the tier. Yes, Arbok is used alongside it, but Tentacruel definitely depletes the reasons to bring such a thing. The reason you do is for Glare.)

Note that this Pokemon's damage output isn't great, primarily due to a lack of STAB. If Arbok was part Normal-type it would be incredible, hahaha

[SET]
name: Paralysis Glare + Wrap

[SET COMMENTS]

Glare lets Arbok cripple its most notable checks Pokemon that are normally difficult to paralyze, most notably Thunder Wave-immune Pokemon like Dugtrio. It's then able to outspeed them and pivot out with Wrap, allowing a teammate more suitable for the matchup to come in while they're immobilized. Wrap is a multi-purpose move, acting as both a pivoting tool and a win condition. (explain more, it's mostly redundant with the prior sentence in mind) Earthquake lets Arbok threaten Pokemon that are normally resistant to its Normal-type attacks, such as Omastar and Golem, as well as ensure Tentacruel can't switch in for free. (not sure if it's notable enough but it technically lets Arbok play around Counter...but so does Wrap...) Hyper Beam is Arbok's strongest attack, notably KOing Kadabra at 65% and Dugtrio at 54%. This makes it an excellent move for finishing off foes that have been repeatedly chipped down by Arbok's Wrap. Alternatively, Rock Slide grants Arbok unresisted coverage alongside Earthquake, and giving it a much better matchup versus Flying-types such as Aerodactyl, Articuno, and Gyarados.

Arbok does not have very many other options due to its small movepool. (What? Its movepool is great, it's the stats that are the problem.) Acid is Arbok's best form of STAB, doing more damage to Tangela than Earthquake or Rock Slide while having a high chance to drop Defense, allowing Arbok to deal further damage, encourage predictable switching, and reapply paralysis Speed drops. Screech allows Arbok to threaten more effectively with its attacks, more consistently do this, but the foe can simply switch out to negate the drop in Defense. Screech can however force predictable switches because of this, which can be taken advantage of through aggressive switching or using Glare. However, the poor accuracy and lack of damage makes this little more than a gimmick, while also leaving Arbok open to sustaining damage itself. Additionally, the reliance on prediction makes it much less consistent than standard sets. Toxic can be used as a more consistent check to AgiliWrap Dragonite and the rare Dragonair than Glare. Body Slam allows Arbok to threaten both paralysis and damage at the same time, deterring switch-ins, but the damage is miniscule due to a lack of STAB. and the paralysis chance is low. (No it's not, it's literally .1% more frequent than Scald.)

Body Slam and Toxic should be mentioned first, 100%. I would use those way sooner than Acid/Screech. I also think Acid/Screech have been framed a bit poorly, so I reworded it to focus on the peculiar positions that they put Pokemon into. Feel free to DM if you disagree with this viewpoint.

Arbok has a very particular place on Wrap spam teams that feature AgiliWrap Dragonite, as it's able to block Toxics that foes such as Persian and Aerodactyl use to check Dragonite and threaten with Glare thereafter. In general, Arbok and Dragonite pair well with each other, as Dragonite also checks Dugtrio which threatens Arbok with its mighty STAB Earthquake. Arbok also appreciates a Pokemon that checks Psychic-types, so Kadabra and the omnipresent Hypno also pair with it well. Arbok is best used as a midgame tool, spreading paralysis to support endgame sweeps and pivoting into its teammates as needed.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[pacattacc, 520967]]
- Quality checked by: [[name, id], [name, id]]
- Grammar checked by: [[name, id]]

pac

pay 5000, gg?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Let's do this too. Implement and I'll check again.
Add
Remove

Comments
(AA) = Add Apostrophe

Paging Enigami since iirc they have used Arbok in some tiers before? Maybe I'm high.

[OVERVIEW]

Arbok has an extremely small and specific niche in the metagame, due thanks to its unique access to Glare as well as Wrap. This lands it a role as a paralysis spreader, pivot, and win condition on some Wrap spam teams. It's (AA) also notable for its Poison-typing, which blocks Toxic, a move that cripples most Wrap users and grants it safe entry against users like Persian. Its Poison-typing also allows it to function as a check to Grass-types such as Tangela and Venusaur. In addition, Arbok has fantastic coverage in Earthquake and Rock Slide, the combination of which is unresisted in the tier.

However, the positives end there. Arbok's typing, while providing it a niche, also leaves it cripplingly weak to Psychic and Earthquake, two very common moves in the metagame, used by dominant forces like Kadabra and Dugtrio. This gives it poor matchups against some of the tier's most notable Pokemon, such as Kadabra and Dugtrio. With this, along with its poor bulk, Arbok is doomed to struggle defensively. Its Arbok's Attack stat is also poor for a Pokemon that relies purely on physical attacks, meaning that it can struggle to threaten in ways outside of paralysis spreading. Arbok also has to compete with Pinsir, an already niche Pokemon with a better matchup spread and more offensive presence. (I strongly disagree. Pinsir is an SD Sweeper at heart while Arbok takes a more defensive approach. The real competition is Tentacruel, a Poison-type wrapper that also happens to be the best Pokemon in the tier. Yes, Arbok is used alongside it, but Tentacruel definitely depletes the reasons to bring such a thing. The reason you do is for Glare.)

Note that this Pokemon's damage output isn't great, primarily due to a lack of STAB. If Arbok was part Normal-type it would be incredible, hahaha

[SET]
name: Paralysis Glare + Wrap

[SET COMMENTS]

Glare lets Arbok cripple its most notable checks Pokemon that are normally difficult to paralyze, most notably Thunder Wave-immune Pokemon like Dugtrio. It's then able to outspeed them and pivot out with Wrap, allowing a teammate more suitable for the matchup to come in while they're immobilized. Wrap is a multi-purpose move, acting as both a pivoting tool and a win condition. (explain more, it's mostly redundant with the prior sentence in mind) Earthquake lets Arbok threaten Pokemon that are normally resistant to its Normal-type attacks, such as Omastar and Golem, as well as ensure Tentacruel can't switch in for free. (not sure if it's notable enough but it technically lets Arbok play around Counter...but so does Wrap...) Hyper Beam is Arbok's strongest attack, notably KOing Kadabra at 65% and Dugtrio at 54%. This makes it an excellent move for finishing off foes that have been repeatedly chipped down by Arbok's Wrap. Alternatively, Rock Slide grants Arbok unresisted coverage alongside Earthquake, and giving it a much better matchup versus Flying-types such as Aerodactyl, Articuno, and Gyarados.

Arbok does not have very many other options due to its small movepool. (What? Its movepool is great, it's the stats that are the problem.) Acid is Arbok's best form of STAB, doing more damage to Tangela than Earthquake or Rock Slide while having a high chance to drop Defense, allowing Arbok to deal further damage, encourage predictable switching, and reapply paralysis Speed drops. Screech allows Arbok to threaten more effectively with its attacks, more consistently do this, but the foe can simply switch out to negate the drop in Defense. Screech can however force predictable switches because of this, which can be taken advantage of through aggressive switching or using Glare. However, the poor accuracy and lack of damage makes this little more than a gimmick, while also leaving Arbok open to sustaining damage itself. Additionally, the reliance on prediction makes it much less consistent than standard sets. Toxic can be used as a more consistent check to AgiliWrap Dragonite and the rare Dragonair than Glare. Body Slam allows Arbok to threaten both paralysis and damage at the same time, deterring switch-ins, but the damage is miniscule due to a lack of STAB. and the paralysis chance is low. (No it's not, it's literally .1% more frequent than Scald.)

Body Slam and Toxic should be mentioned first, 100%. I would use those way sooner than Acid/Screech. I also think Acid/Screech have been framed a bit poorly, so I reworded it to focus on the peculiar positions that they put Pokemon into. Feel free to DM if you disagree with this viewpoint.

Arbok has a very particular place on Wrap spam teams that feature AgiliWrap Dragonite, as it's able to block Toxics that foes such as Persian and Aerodactyl use to check Dragonite and threaten with Glare thereafter. In general, Arbok and Dragonite pair well with each other, as Dragonite also checks Dugtrio which threatens Arbok with its mighty STAB Earthquake. Arbok also appreciates a Pokemon that checks Psychic-types, so Kadabra and the omnipresent Hypno also pair with it well. Arbok is best used as a midgame tool, spreading paralysis to support endgame sweeps and pivoting into its teammates as needed.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[pacattacc, 520967]]
- Quality checked by: [[name, id], [name, id]]
- Grammar checked by: [[name, id]]
Implemented (also changed "omnipresent Hypno" to "ubiquitous Hypno" cause I used omni earlier for Tent.)

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Alright implement these two bits for the QC on Snekkers

Arbok does not have very many other options.
I still dislike this framing as there's little explanation. Its movepool is larger than quite a few Pokemon, it's just that its damage output isn't enough and they're not as consistent as the standard.

Arbok has a very particular place on Wrap spam teams
I'd say "peculiar" rather than "particular", but it's just semantics.

Also since you wrote in Acid for Tangela, this is also a thing;
Arbok Mega Drain vs. Golem: 129-152 (35.5 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

pac

pay 5000, gg?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright implement these two bits for the QC on Snekkers

I still dislike this framing as there's little explanation. Its movepool is larger than quite a few Pokemon, it's just that its damage output isn't enough and they're not as consistent as the standard.

I'd say "peculiar" rather than "particular", but it's just semantics.
Implemented! Ready for 2nd QC!

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sup
It's also notable for its Poison-typing, which blocks Toxic, a move that cripples most Wrap users and grants it safe entry against users like Persian.
I'd reword this to something like, "It's also notable for its Poison-typing, which blocks Toxic, a move that cripples most Wrap users. This allows it safe entry against Pokemon like Persian that often carry Toxic." I think as its currently written, the second use of "users" is a tad unclear, though don't feel obligated to stick to my exact wording, I'm kind of just splitting hairs

Arbok's typing, while providing it a niche, also leaves it cripplingly weak to Psychic and Earthquake, two very common moves in the metagame, used by dominant forces like Kadabra and Dugtrio. This gives it poor matchups against some of the tier's most notable Pokemon, such as Kadabra and Dugtrio.
The Kadabra and Dugtrio mentions in back-to-back sentences are redundant. I'd just said "...two very common moves in the metagame. This gives it poor matchups against some of the tier's most notable Pokemon, such as Kadabra and Dugtrio.

With this, along with its poor bulk, Arbok is doomed to struggle defensively.
"These weaknesses, along with its poor bulk, mean Arbok is doomed to struggle defensively," is how I'd word it.

means that it can struggle to threaten in ways outside of paralysis spreading.
and Wrap, since that's one of the main reasons to use Arbok. I'd mention it because if it didn't have Wrap there'd be literally no reason to use it as a paralysis spreader since Glare is pretty much just worse Thunder Wave.

---

I would swap the other options paragraph and the how to play paragraph. I feel like it would flow better that way. Also with the other options paragraph, I think having five moves in there is a bit much for something like Arbok... realistically I would probably cut Mega Drain and Screech while leaving in the rest.

QC 2/2

pac

pay 5000, gg?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sup

I'd reword this to something like, "It's also notable for its Poison-typing, which blocks Toxic, a move that cripples most Wrap users. This allows it safe entry against Pokemon like Persian that often carry Toxic." I think as its currently written, the second use of "users" is a tad unclear, though don't feel obligated to stick to my exact wording, I'm kind of just splitting hairs

The Kadabra and Dugtrio mentions in back-to-back sentences are redundant. I'd just said "...two very common moves in the metagame. This gives it poor matchups against some of the tier's most notable Pokemon, such as Kadabra and Dugtrio.

"These weaknesses, along with its poor bulk, mean Arbok is doomed to struggle defensively," is how I'd word it.

and Wrap, since that's one of the main reasons to use Arbok. I'd mention it because if it didn't have Wrap there'd be literally no reason to use it as a paralysis spreader since Glare is pretty much just worse Thunder Wave.

---

I would swap the other options paragraph and the how to play paragraph. I feel like it would flow better that way. Also with the other options paragraph, I think having five moves in there is a bit much for something like Arbok... realistically I would probably cut Mega Drain and Screech while leaving in the rest.

QC 2/2
Implemented! This is ready for GP!

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comma

[OVERVIEW]

Arbok has an extremely small and specific niche in the metagame (RC) thanks to its unique access to Glare as well as and its Wrap. This lands it a role as a paralysis spreader, pivot, and win condition wincon on some Wrap teams. It's also notable for its Poison typing, (removed hyphen) which blocks Toxic, a move that cripples most Wrap users. This allows it safe entry against Pokemon like Persian that often carry Toxic. Its Poison-typing also allows it to function as a check to typing also allows it to check Grass-types such as Tangela and Venusaur. In addition, Arbok has fantastic coverage in Earthquake and Rock Slide, the combination of which is unresisted in the tier.

However, the positives end there. Arbok's typing, while providing it a niche, also leaves it cripplingly weak to Psychic and Earthquake, two very common moves in the metagame. This gives it poor matchups against some of the tier's most notable Pokemon, such as Kadabra and Dugtrio. These weaknesses, along with its poor bulk, mean Arbok is doomed to struggle defensively. Arbok's Attack stat is also poor for a Pokemon that relies purely on physical attacks. This, as well as its lack of a good STAB move, means that Arbok is also weak and lacks a good STAB move, so it can struggle to threaten in ways outside of paralysis spreading and Wrap. Arbok also has to compete with Tentacruel, an omnipresent Pokemon with a better matchup spread and more offensive presence.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Glare lets Arbok cripple Pokemon that are normally difficult to paralyze, most notably Thunder Wave-immune Pokemon Ground-types like Dugtrio. It's then able to outspeed them and pivot out with Wrap, allowing a teammate more suitable for the matchup to come in while they're immobilized. Earthquake lets Arbok threaten Pokemon that are resistant to resist its Normal-type attacks, such as Omastar and Golem, as well as ensure ensuring Tentacruel can't switch in for free. Hyper Beam is Arbok's strongest attack, notably KOing Kadabra at 65% and Dugtrio at 54%. This makes it an excellent move for finishing off foes that have been repeatedly chipped down by Arbok's Wrap. Alternatively, Rock Slide grants Arbok unresisted coverage alongside Earthquake, and as well as giving it a much better matchup versus Flying-types such as Aerodactyl, Articuno, and Gyarados.

Arbok has a very peculiar place on Wrap spam teams that feature AgiliWrap Dragonite, as it's able to block Toxics that foes such as Persian and Aerodactyl use to check Dragonite and threaten these foes with Glare thereafter. In general, Arbok and Dragonite pair well with each other, as Dragonite also checks Dugtrio, (AC) which threatens Arbok with its mighty STAB Earthquake. Arbok also appreciates a Pokemon that checks Psychic-types, so Kadabra and the ubiquitous Hypno pair with it well. Arbok is best used as a midgame tool, mid-game, spreading paralysis to support endgame sweeps and pivoting into its teammates as needed.

Arbok does not have very many other options, as they generally sacrifice consistency and it doesn't have the stats to take advantage of them well. Toxic can be used as a more consistent check to to more consistently check AgiliWrap Dragonite and Dragonair than Glare. Body Slam allows Arbok to threaten both paralysis and damage at the same time, deterring switch-ins, but the damage is miniscule due to a lack of STAB and the paralysis chance is low compared to Glare. Acid is Arbok's best form of STAB, STAB move, doing more damage to Tangela than Earthquake or Rock Slide while having a high chance to drop Defense, allowing which allows (making def drop -> para speed drop reapply connection minutely more obvious) Arbok to deal further damage, encourage predictable switching, and reapply paralysis Speed drops.

[CREDITS]

Corrin1.gif
1/1

pac

pay 5000, gg?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comma

[OVERVIEW]

Arbok has an extremely small and specific niche in the metagame (RC) thanks to its unique access to Glare as well as and its Wrap. This lands it a role as a paralysis spreader, pivot, and win condition wincon on some Wrap teams. It's also notable for its Poison typing, (removed hyphen) which blocks Toxic, a move that cripples most Wrap users. This allows it safe entry against Pokemon like Persian that often carry Toxic. Its Poison-typing also allows it to function as a check to typing also allows it to check Grass-types such as Tangela and Venusaur. In addition, Arbok has fantastic coverage in Earthquake and Rock Slide, the combination of which is unresisted in the tier.

However, the positives end there. Arbok's typing, while providing it a niche, also leaves it cripplingly weak to Psychic and Earthquake, two very common moves in the metagame. This gives it poor matchups against some of the tier's most notable Pokemon, such as Kadabra and Dugtrio. These weaknesses, along with its poor bulk, mean Arbok is doomed to struggle defensively. Arbok's Attack stat is also poor for a Pokemon that relies purely on physical attacks. This, as well as its lack of a good STAB move, means that Arbok is also weak and lacks a good STAB move, so it can struggle to threaten in ways outside of paralysis spreading and Wrap. Arbok also has to compete with Tentacruel, an omnipresent Pokemon with a better matchup spread and more offensive presence.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Glare lets Arbok cripple Pokemon that are normally difficult to paralyze, most notably Thunder Wave-immune Pokemon Ground-types like Dugtrio. It's then able to outspeed them and pivot out with Wrap, allowing a teammate more suitable for the matchup to come in while they're immobilized. Earthquake lets Arbok threaten Pokemon that are resistant to resist its Normal-type attacks, such as Omastar and Golem, as well as ensure ensuring Tentacruel can't switch in for free. Hyper Beam is Arbok's strongest attack, notably KOing Kadabra at 65% and Dugtrio at 54%. This makes it an excellent move for finishing off foes that have been repeatedly chipped down by Arbok's Wrap. Alternatively, Rock Slide grants Arbok unresisted coverage alongside Earthquake, and as well as giving it a much better matchup versus Flying-types such as Aerodactyl, Articuno, and Gyarados.

Arbok has a very peculiar place on Wrap spam teams that feature AgiliWrap Dragonite, as it's able to block Toxics that foes such as Persian and Aerodactyl use to check Dragonite and threaten these foes with Glare thereafter. In general, Arbok and Dragonite pair well with each other, as Dragonite also checks Dugtrio, (AC) which threatens Arbok with its mighty STAB Earthquake. Arbok also appreciates a Pokemon that checks Psychic-types, so Kadabra and the ubiquitous Hypno pair with it well. Arbok is best used as a midgame tool, mid-game, spreading paralysis to support endgame sweeps and pivoting into its teammates as needed.

Arbok does not have very many other options, as they generally sacrifice consistency and it doesn't have the stats to take advantage of them well. Toxic can be used as a more consistent check to to more consistently check AgiliWrap Dragonite and Dragonair than Glare. Body Slam allows Arbok to threaten both paralysis and damage at the same time, deterring switch-ins, but the damage is miniscule due to a lack of STAB and the paralysis chance is low compared to Glare. Acid is Arbok's best form of STAB, STAB move, doing more damage to Tangela than Earthquake or Rock Slide while having a high chance to drop Defense, allowing which allows (making def drop -> para speed drop reapply connection minutely more obvious) Arbok to deal further damage, encourage predictable switching, and reapply paralysis Speed drops.

[CREDITS]

View attachment 3831071/1
Implemented

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)