Announcements Arbor Day 2023

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
in preparation for Arbor Day 2023…

19E412AE-BDED-484D-866F-C8B24BB15C6B.jpeg

the Smogoff mod team (your neighboorhood broke 20-somethings and/or successful career makers) have decided to plant 7 new trees around the community

you’ll notice them such as…

BD244F88-3934-4ADA-ABDC-8F64AE232A4E.jpeg
9CDC00BF-85AC-4AC3-8F0B-3BB675487A12.jpeg
5A703D4A-6AAF-42E0-8BC3-2CE24938F6B2.jpeg

beautiful…!

wait, there’s more:

37682A45-B633-4A66-82E1-8DB1E3A206E9.jpeg
C246E9FD-EAB7-42B6-9812-EDB0F2B0B02B.jpeg
1F90A847-DBCD-4F45-A05E-A4BE09DC6911.jpeg

this one is particularly lovely...??

9489C562-131F-451E-84CF-B1E461857119.jpeg

congratulations and long-live our new massive forest kingdom (these are the biggest names of Smogoff... godspeed)

az Ivy Albatross monkfish Sijih BIG ASHLEY CaffeineBoost

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
arbor? i hardly know 'er!

congrat, tree idiots, enjoy growing immobile and ancient beyond human years as the world around you becomes ever more alien, and you eventuallt shrivel into a rotten husk in a world that chokes your roots in the name of progress

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
i shall review the appropriate policies and update the people post haste
after reviewing the appropriate policies, it is clear that the pm need not be unbadged as such, but must never have held a moderator position (outside of the pm role itself). however, the vote ultimately goes to the people, and they may prefer a badgeless candidate - that is a matter for the election itself.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
arbor? i hardly know 'er!

congrat, tree idiots, enjoy growing immobile and ancient beyond human years as the world around you becomes ever more alien, and you eventuallt shrivel into a rotten husk in a world that chokes your roots in the name of progress
erm...im not reading all that...

anyways congrats to tree people, grow an apple or two for me

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
erm...im not reading all that...

anyways congrats to tree people, grow an apple or two for me
it's literally a total of forty-five words, and thats including the initial joke

i would call you an unread neanderthal, but you vomited this uninformed half-baked essay not even two months ago. lol...

alright so before i tilted to hell and back i got to top 100 which was cool so now im gonna talk about shit

WHAT NEEDS TO GO

should i even talk about tera itself? its only slightly less brainless than dynamax, and thats sayin smth.

View attachment 468033 - broken, bu taunt is a brainless set and you should abuse it immediately. this pokemon curbstomps offense and most balances so easily its not even funny. tera water is nuclear, and ive tried shit like tera steel even to make mincemeat of broken #2:

View attachment 468035 - broken. the only reason you beat this thing is either through rkills or it missing hydro pump. ive seen games where its just an iron bundle on each side coming in after a ko from their own iron bundle. it has vertsatility via taunt/ flip turn too, just in case you think it can't mess with you more than it already is.

View attachment 468038- behold, mega weavile. its probably gonna be broken AFTER the first two get banned, but even so, its still annoying as hell. sucker punch sets are particularly heinous if you tera dark after an SD, because palafin is dropping in one sucker, and everything else gets bombed by its brutal ice attacks and sacred sword.

MISC. MENACES TO SOCIETY
View attachment 468041- scarf goes absolutely crazy because this thing basically has a specs on at all times, and its a ghost resist as well, which helps w dpult and gold man. unless you're thudding into hard stall you're almost never in danger to click dpulse/overheat (barring priority mons ofc) vs most mons. ive been going tera water just for the mirror and havent tried specs or np but they're likely ohko machines. if only that speed tier was better. cant believe 100 is middling nowadays.

:dragapult: - THE GOAT. this mon is so effective on offense its almost mandatory imo. faster than club penguin? check. beats BU dolphin? check. spinblocker? check. it does everything and does it well.

:dragonite: - also crazy. multiscale goes stupid, and tera normal espeed is OU's ekiller. nine times out of ten the only thing keeping this down is air balloon gholdengo, but if the scale is up? gg. easy.

View attachment 468051- hazard stack all over your ladder? its probably his fault. air balloon is one thing, but scarf is super good, since this thing resists everything and even has trick. its like they created this mon to be the perfect offensive juggernaut. sr resist, coverage, trick, recover, nasty plot... literally its only flaw is the middling speed tier. btw try tera fighting to cheese sucker mons.

OTHER GOOD THINGS:
View attachment 468046 - this thing is on nearly every team and for a reason. its one of the only, only spinners that scares off golden man, and it has ridiculous amounts of set versatility. chien pao giving you trouble? try a yache berry. flying types doin the dash on you? ice spinner. need to pop that balloon while smacking gholdengo? knock off. tera types help as well, too. need to bust up pdef corviknight? tera fighting cc.

View attachment 468048- supreme overlord makes this mon beyond crazy, especially w teras like fairy or even pure dark. have fun clicking sucker vs anything faster (spoiler alert: unless its valiant, you're dying)

View attachment 468049- quad resisting sucker punch is nice, but i think the only worthwhile set is specs or cm. SD suffers cataclysmic levels of 4MSS. you want sd, cc spirit break, but also zen headbutt, shadow sneak, knock etc.

View attachment 468052- idk chat...he do be kinda passive...

MONS THAT MAKE ME SEETHE( most of them beat my ass)
View attachment 468053- this salt man-no-salt THING is probably one of the most annoying tera abusers. it has recovery. it has bulk. it has an effective ghost resist. and MOST EGRIGIOUSLY...a move where it chops off 1/4 health water/steel mons in tandem with 1/8 on all other mons. its the most irritiating id+bp mon and probably the biggest anti-cheese mons i see on ladder.

View attachment 468059 - another super bulky pokemon, but this time it blocks spin, and also hits ludicrously hard. i suspect blunder's ladder peak video may have to do with its rise on the ladder, but i'll give it the credit it deserves. rage fist is incredible on a mon with such lasting power, especially given that it runs a nasty bulk up set. idk if people run either taunt or rest last slot, but if i had to choose, i'd go taunt.

View attachment 468060 - donbozo. this mon is an exception to the rule because every time i see this mon it gets drain punched to death by the palafin its supposed to beat unless it wastes tera, but good luck having a reason to waste that unless you're running hard stall with clodsire and friends. donbozo.
so...i guess you still are a neanderthal? im not paid enough to determine that definitively

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
after reviewing the appropriate policies, it is clear that the pm need not be unbadged as such, but must never have held a moderator position (outside of the pm role itself). however, the vote ultimately goes to the people, and they may prefer a badgeless candidate - that is a matter for the election itself.
gets one badge and immediately begins speaking like some kind of bloody bureaucrat LOL big ashley has lost touch with the people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)