RMT Army of the Thundering Snail

In the middle of our new CAP, I thought it would be nice to see a RMT or warstory or something in the CAP forum. (If I should wait until CAP6 is over tell me) This was my first ever CAP team which went through alot of changes and turned into a pretty good team. This is the Army of the Thundering Snail.

Army of the Thundering Snail

The team at a glance:

The team in detail:

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Politoed is the rainmaker and is my team's closest counter to Kitsunoh, with its chance for Scald burns. Perish Song is mainly for setup sweepers, but has occasionally been helpful on the last pokemon left, since Politoed is usually only sent out once in the beginning incase of other weather. Toxic is also useful against walls and can catch things like Blissey on the switch. Politoed is not the most useful member of the team, but it holds its weight and will always be useful simply because of its ability.

Mollux @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Thunder
- Will-O-Wisp

Mollux usually singlehandedly beats all other rain teams, thanks to its great ability and bad typing made good. (concept pun intended) Sludge Bomb is Mollux's only STAB not weakened by rain, and hits hard even with minimal investment. Protect is a great move on any Mollux, checking for Ground moves and getting tons of recovery while making Mollux invincible. Thunder also hits hard, destroying Politoed and whatever other Water type the other team has. Will-o-Wisp works great with Mollux's EVs tailored towards Special Defense, making Mollux near unbreakable, and after a Will-o-Wisp all weakened hits will be countered by Dry Skin and Black Sludge.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn

Scizor hits hard with its Band, Technician, and 130 Attack. The only things different from normal Band Scizor are running Bug Bite, and 8 Speed EVs. Bug Bite is because of the fact that when you KO something with U-turn, you switch out, and then the opposing player gets to choose something to come in AFTER that. I never liked that because the few counters to Scizor are HARD counters. 8 Speed EVs is to speed creep people who think they're geniuses because they put 4 Speed EVs on their Scizor and expect to outspeed all others.

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Taunt
- Hurricane

Tomohawk is my lead, and it is really unfortunate it ended up being 4th in the team. Its positioning is useful against people who expect the first Pokemon on Team Preview to be the lead. It almost always gets Stealth Rock up and prevents the opponent from getting it up, thanks to priority Taunt and Stealth Rock. Hurricane hits much harder than Air Slash, and I am willing to take the risk of missing thanks to Roost giving me second chances. Roost is used most on this set as a way to beat things using Ice or Electric attacks, as their damage is reduced and Tomohawk can usually heal up before switching out.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Blissey is my switch-in to so many things it isn't even funny. It walls every special attacker into oblivion, barring crits on Focus Blast. Heal Bell heals Scizor from a debilitating Burn or Paralyze, but doesn't have much use outside of that. Toxic and Seismic Toss form a duo of damaging moves that hit everything but Kitsunoh for some sort of damage. Softboiled heals Blissey from all of the weak attacks it takes over the battle.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Scarf Latios is (in my opinion) the best scarfer in OU thanks to great coverage, a nice Special Attack, and a great speed which lets it outspeed almost everything with its scarf. Draco Meteor is used over Dragon Pulse because it lets me take out one huge threat that could otherwise run through my team. The other three moves are secondary STAB, a rain boosted attack, and a water killing attack.

Threats:

Kitsunoh

Nothing on the team can hit Kitsunoh Super Effectively, and since this team doesn't use many high powered water attacks, it can get hard to break, especially since Blissey cannot hit it.

Sand Teams

Sand can be a pain for this team, since it is mainly specially based and the Special defense boost can be a pain. It also cancels out half of my team's items and hits my team on its weaker physical side.

Importable:

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Mollux @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Thunder
- Will-O-Wisp

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Taunt
- Hurricane

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Conclusion:

This is my first team, and after lots of work I am posting this to you guys for rating. Please rate if you can! Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)