Article Submission: Let's Rave- A Guide to Dance Moves in Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, whoever reads these. I am Kiba Roserade, better known as Cheek Pouch on the sim. The article I would like to write about is the usage of "-dance" moves in various metagames.

Knowledge on subject:
-Have made top 100 on every tier from Ubers to NU.

-Understanding of boosting moves and how they work in current metagame.

Knowledge of writing:
-I write for my HS newspaper.

-I've written articles for webzines before (very small, local ones.)

Here's an example of what a part of my article would look like.

Swords Dance- (tiers the move is often seen in will be in these parentheses. OU, UU, NU)

Swords Dance is a powerful boosting move that doubles the attack of the user. The boost gained from this is incredibly large, surpassing a Choice Band's strength! Various uses of the move often fall into two aspects: wall breaking and sweeping. Users who use this move often have a priority move backing it up to quickly deal damage to the opponent, or have a massive Attack star coupled with the boost to dismantle defensive cores.

(Example set below.)

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

This set focuses on breaking through a weakened team while maintaining bulk. The given HP EV's allow it to preserve an odd HP stat that will let it switch into Stealth Rock more times. Swords Dance gives the set late game breaking potential, while Roost supplies longevity. Bullet Punch is the main STAB of the set, boosted to an impressive base power of 90 after Technician and STAB, and the priority allows it to get through faster Pokemon. Knock off supplies solid coverage, and rids targets of pesky items.

I know that The Smog covered boosting moves as a whole around 15 issues ago, but only mentioned 1 dancing move. This article will let people understand the other 8 dance moves and how to properly utilize them in a given metagame.

Thank you for your time.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah. Just realize that the LAST SMOG had the Same article as me. I'll have someone close this thread. Sorry about that guys. Don't worry though, I'll have another article soon :)

Bummer Edit: Cool beans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)