National Dex Ash Gren Team (Need Help)

Hey everyone, I built this team and its ok. Nothing great. If you have any suggestions they would be very apprecieate

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Haze

Ash greninja for me is my only Special Attacker making it very valuable on my team. It also acts as a mega without actually evolving it. I went with all out special attack and speed optimizing it for offense. I also put the move haze on it because nowhere in my team do i have another mon that could have a move to nullify stat changes. I played with it and used choice specs, not sure how I feel about it.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Return
- Close Combat
- Fake Out

I really like the way Mega Lopunny fits on my team because of how versatile it is! Fake out is essential because it hits every pokemon even the types that are immune to normal because of Mega Lopunny’s ability. Also, I use Ice punch mainly for coverage. I also went with an all out offensive EV setting so that way it can do the most damage.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Explosion

Landorous-Thereian is one of the Most OP mons in the game and that's why i like it!. I run a scarf on it to outspeed a lot of other mons along with a versatile set of moves, switches for u-turn-earthquake for fire-defog for dyanamaxing mons with field conditions and explosion in case I can’t beat a really good mon. I also really like the ability because it greatly weakens attacking threats.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothron serves as my bulky spD mon on my team. I run 0 speed on it because of Gyro ball and its also just super slow in general. My one question would be if i should actually get a grass move and not just leach seed.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 224 HP / 208 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

If there is any mon in my team I’m unsure about, it's heatran. There are moments where it's really good but there are also moments where it's absolutely terrible. I run a bulky defense on heatran just because of its typing and also i don’t have a bulky defense on my team. The one thing i really like about heatran is the move magma storm. I think it is quite good.

Zeraora @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Finally, Zera is a mon that I really like in my team because it takes care of dragon types with play rough, but is also a great attacker in other fields. It is also quite versatile with volt switch even though zera is mainly a special attacker. I had a tapu koko in its place but, I just like zera more as a pokemon in general so I went with it. Now I know some of you may question the nature because it's adamant but I would like to keep it that way. However, I am open to suggestions about the Item.

Once again, I'm very open to suggestions so the more the better!

Last edited by a moderator:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it
What are all 4 moves for

great team but I'm curious about the choice scarf on Zera as even with an adamant nature it outspeeds quite a lot of things and you already have an excelent scarfer in lando T. I think that leftovers or hdb could help with longevity but I do like sash as well. Haze on gren is interesting as well because it's so frail I'm guessing that you generally have to sacrifice it in order to stop a sweep. maybe consider another phaser or unaware mon in the heatran slot? It would allow you to run ice beam on gren as well which would allow you to possibly use quick attack on lopunny

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)