Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (6th Gen ASB Version)

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
What about a Durant with a locked hidden ability?
No. Why would you even unlock Durant's ability lol

Also, can I use moves in different ways than normal (i.e. using Circle Throw to throw an opponent into something or using Flamethrower to burn down a part of the arena)?
That would be considered a roleplay action, and is up to the discretion of the ref.

Can Struggle Crit? It says nothing about it being unable to in the handbook, NDA, or DAT, but S0L1D G0LD thinks it does and I want to get a ruling on it before moving on.
The battle.
It should be able to, since nothing anywhere says Struggle doesn't crit.

Can a pokemon use Chill while asleep? What about putting commands in Sleep Talk? What about deliberately putting a move Sleep Talk can not call (like Sleep Talk or Copycat) in the 4 moves chosen?

Is it possible for someone to compete in the Battle Hall or some other facility using newly created pokemon?

I know everything can be used, but it is impossible for everything to be equally useful.

For example, I will compare Spinda to Linoone. Both pure-normal types. Linoone, though, is at least one rank higher in every stat, except Special Attack where they are even. Linoone also has a better movepool, and a better priority move. So, by that reasoning, although both are usable, Linoone would be better, even if just slightly.

I could also compare Vivillion to Leidan, and get a similar result. Vivillion has better stats in everything but special defense. Vivillion also has better abilities and a wider movepool. So, Vivillion is better than Leidan.

I know everything can be used, but it is impossible for everything to be equally useful.

For example, I will compare Spinda to Linoone. Both pure-normal types. Linoone, though, is at least one rank higher in every stat, except Special Attack where they are even. Linoone also has a better movepool, and a better priority move. So, by that reasoning, although both are usable, Linoone would be better, even if just slightly.

I could also compare Vivillion to Leidan, and get a similar result. Vivillion has better stats in everything but special defense. Vivillion also has better abilities and a wider movepool. So, Vivillion is better than Leidan.
Spinda has contrary superpower, so it has a reliable boosting move. It also has a few other niches.

Ledian has a myriad of support options, both screens, barrier, all sorts of great moves. So don't you dare think about saying either of those two are worse then the other comparisons.

Just because a Pokemon has higher stats does not mean it is better. You have to look at movepools as well. In the example Vivillon vs Ledian, ledian's number of options are enormous, since it is alll the way from gen 2, while vivillon has what, 50 moves?

Spinda can abuse Everstone to get Rank 4 stats everywhere. Spinda also has moves such as Hypnosis, Wish, the elemental punches, Contrary Superpower, Assist, and so on, so it's got a way better movepool. Plus if it ever gets confused it's a drunken master.

Ledian has Dual Screens and punches, including Mach Punch, Focus Punch, the elemental punches, etc. Vivillon also has a very shitty movepool with no offensive presence whatsoever. The only thing it has is Powder.

Different Pokemon do different things, and since you get full movepools in ASB, everything does something different.

Higher stats, better ability, and wider movepool would mean better, albeit not always outclassed.

For example, in 5th gen OU, Scizor is better than Metagross. However, Metagross does a different thing than Scizor, but Scizor is still better.
The same principles can be applied in ASB to determine who is better, even though they do different roles.

Higher stats, better ability, and wider movepool would mean better, albeit not always outclassed.

For example, in 5th gen OU, Scizor is better than Metagross. However, Metagross does a different thing than Scizor, but Scizor is still better.
The same principles can be applied in ASB to determine who is better, even though they do different roles.
What you said is completely incorrect. Scizor was not better than Metagross. Metagross was not better than Scizor. Easier to fit onto a team, maybe. But in ASB that doesn't matter.

Apparently, it is not listed anywhere, so we need clarification.

When does Hydration occur in ASB: Does it occur at the end of the action or the end of the round?

I would say End of the Action before poison and burn damage but I could be wrong considering Shed Skin is once at the end of the round.

For moves that would require a material other than rocks, grass, or water (such as Ice Shard), do they need that material to be used?

Reading the NDA (or a version of it; I downloaded it from Googledocs 'cause it was slow, but-oh, never mind), and there seems to be a discrepancy in the description of the Dawn Stone.
Increases the Attack of affected Female Pokemon by one (1) Rank and the Special Attack of affected Male Pokemon by one (1) Rank. Increases the Base Attack Power of Fighting-type and Ghost-type attacks by two (2).
If my reading of this is correct, I should be able to put a Dawn Stone on a male Snorunt (Snorunt needs to be female in order to evolve into Frostlass, remember), and get the SpA boost. Can someone tell me why I can't do that?

Also
Reading Natural Gift's description and the description of some of these berries. What's the interaction like between Natural Gift (which can use a berry eight times before failing) and the Haban Berry (which can be used three times to reduce the effectiveness of a SE Dark-type move)?

Last edited:
I have an idea for a quick, simple, easy to understand change to the rules on substitutions that would (in my opinion) improve battles. Where should I post it?

If a pokemon has natures affecting accuracy to boost its attack's accuracy, does it affect the attacks before or after they are averaged to make a combo?

For example, a +Speed nature Cranidos (so +10 Accuracy) uses Head Smash+Headbutt combo. 95% accuracy (because Head Smash has (80+10)% accuracy and Headbutt has 100% accuracy, averaged to 95%) or 100% accuracy (Head Smash has 80% accuracy, Headbutt has 100% accuracy, averaged to 90%, and then increased by 10 due to nature, to 100%)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)