Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
Like most other forums, simple questions come up all the time. Please ask them here, rather than making new threads.
Numel by Wyverii
Numel by Wyverii
This is NOT a discussion thread.
- Please consult the sticky threads and the CAP Website (specifically, the Newcomers Guide) before posting a question here. Most basic information is contained in them.
- Do not ask non-CAP related questions in this thread. For general Pokémon help, see the Simple Question / Simple Answer thread in the Competitive Discussion forum.
- Do not start discussions in this thread. This is for simple questions that are expected to have a simple answer. If your question is an open-ended discussion-starter, it will be moderated.
- Do not continue discussions in this thread. Provide a simple answer to a posted simple question, or do not post at all. Do not go "back-and-forth" with posts. However, feel free to answer follow-up questions if they are also simple in nature.
- This is not a place to post your ideas/concerns/problems/issues with the CAP project, simply because you "can't find any other place to post". If that is your reason for posting here, your post is almost certainly inappropriate here and will be moderated.
- Do not ask "When is <X> going to start?", "When is <X> going to happen?", "How long is <X> going to take?" or any other questions related to timelines or future project occurrences. The CAP project does not follow any set timelines, so don't ask questions about it. If you are asking about the overall future project direction, the answer is in the stickies, or it isn't a simple question. Either way, don't ask that stuff here.
- Do not ask about EVO, or any other side projects that could come out of CAP.
- No, you cannot submit new ideas for personal Pokemon. Check out the Newcomers Guide for more info.
- All CAP Pokemon are "OU", no matter what usage they get in the CAP Metagame.
Where can I play the CAP metagame?
- On Pokemon Showdown!.
Where do I find the sprites?
- Originals can be found here.
- Fifth gen updates can be found here.
Can I use CAP Pokemon for my own project?
- Per DougJustDoug here:
You can use CAP pokemon for your game, if you wish. But you must observe the following stipulations:
Many people have created artworks, ROM hacks, video fighting games, and other interesting offshoot projects using our characters. If you get something interesting together, please let me know and perhaps we can cross-link from here to your project. Good luck!
- Your game cannot be affiliated with another established online pokemon community
- Credit the "Create-A-Pokemon Project", and provide links to our website, located here: http://www.smogon.com/cap/
- Your representation of our characters must be consistent with the names, design elements, and overall themes of the characters as defined on the CAP website and CAP forum
Last edited by a moderator: