Not open for further replies.
in Standard Shedinja set [found right here on smogon]
it says

Shadow Sneak
Toxic/Willowisp
X-Siscor
Sword Dance

and i raised a shednija only to relize that i cant learn Sword Dace on Shedinja

did i miss a method? or is that a mistake if so whats a good move to put on 4th slot

What Moveset Should i Give my Shiny Cacturne!

It is level 52, i just caught it yesterday.

Adamant Natured, with around 15 att IVs and 20 Spd Ivs, untouched.

Yes, i realise there are a lot of movesets listed on the competitive battling pages, but those movesets need counter and seed bomb.

I can manage to change seed bomb out for needle arm, but the loss of 20 BP.

Its counter that is the problem. That is an egg move too, but i cannot obtain it. The reason i am trying to train a cacturne if the only reason it is shiny.

So far, here is my moveset

Cacturne @ focus sash
Adamant w/ 252 att, 252 spe, 6 hp
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Needle Arm
Reversal/Destiny Bond/ Endure/ Sandstorm/ Something else that works

It is the last move i am woried about. Plz submit some movesets or changes that could be made. Thanks

Note: When thinking of a moveset, try making it suitable for OU or the wifi battle room. I want to actually use this shiny, as my other 3 are all UU noobies

Hmm. I would go for Reversal or Destiny Bond (since you have Focus Sash).

in Standard Shedinja set [found right here on smogon]
it says

Shadow Sneak
Toxic/Willowisp
X-Siscor
Sword Dance

and i raised a shednija only to relize that i cant learn Sword Dace on Shedinja

did i miss a method? or is that a mistake if so whats a good move to put on 4th slot
If you evolve nincada at 25 and have the subsequent ninjask learn Swords dance, the Shedinja that is created will also know swords dance.

what are the chances of attacking out of a paraflinch by togekiss?

I think this was done on the last page or two.

You have a 75% chance of beating full paralysis, and a 40% chance of beating FlichHAX.

Since both things must happen, you have a 0.75 * 0.40 = 0.30 = 30% chance of beating ParaFlinch HAX.

I'd use Overheat/Stone Edge/Close Combat/Grass Knot as a starter Ape. However, Infernape works better late game.

Ok, a quickie. I've rebegan breeding lately after a terribly long hiatus.

I'm using dittos traded over from my friends but am now starting to doubt their legitimacy.

The problem is, I've already made several babies a long while ago with these dittos. Do hacked parents show up in a baby's data and render the whole thing void?

If so, I'mma have to redo these then. In the meantime, I'll get in touch with the guy who traded me them to begin with.

I'm having breeding ideas block. What's something that:
  1. Is in the Gound or Water 2 egg group
  2. Is a sweeper of some sort (physical, special, mixed)
  3. Doesn't need really good defenses
  4. Doesn't need Hidden Power
  5. Doesn't take ages to hatch
  6. Has decent chances of either gender
  7. Has good Emerald tutor moves (optional but preferred)
  8. Doesn't have a ridiculously good version on the forum already
  9. Isn't screwed by having the wrong ability (so stuff with only one ability, or things that can work with either one)
For example, something like Jolteon is out, since it only fits 1 and 2. Maybe also 3.

How do i get sword dance shedinja??
Delay Nincada's evolution to Lv25. The Shedinja comes into existence after the evolution screen's gone, so if it evolves and learns a move as a Ninjask at that level, Shedinja will get it too. And since Ninjask learns Swords Dance at Lv25, evolving Nincada then will get it on Shedinja.

Anyone have any ideas about my question a couple of posts ago?

I'm having breeding ideas block. What's something that:
  1. Is in the Gound or Water 2 egg group
  2. Is a sweeper of some sort (physical, special, mixed)
  3. Doesn't need really good defenses
  4. Doesn't need Hidden Power
  5. Doesn't take ages to hatch
  6. Has decent chances of either gender
  7. Has good Emerald tutor moves (optional but preferred)
  8. Doesn't have a ridiculously good version on the forum already
For example, something like Jolteon is out, since it only fits 1 and 2. Maybe also 3.

Exploud fits in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. does have a decent version done by tea_and_blues already, but its only one.

mankey fits 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 but forbidden has a decent one,.

nidoking fits 1,2,3,4,7 and possibly 8 as there are no truly fantastic ones. (especially modest) not so much 5 as it might hatch wrong gender a lot, and obviously not 6 as it has just one gender.

stantler fits 1, can fit 2, 3,4,6,8 i think. not sure about tutor moves, or how long it takes to hatch.

sharpedo fits 1,2,3,4,5,6. might be some good ones about, might not need tutor moves.

goldeen fits 1,2,3,4,5,6,8 im pretty sure. no emerald mvoes though.

How does the chance of getting a critical hit work on DP?
Is it like Adv, where you had either normal or high critical hit chance, or is it in stages (as I think it is)? If it's in stages, what are the chances of getting a critical with each stage, what's the max stage you can reach, and what factors change these stages? You can still only use Focus Energy once, right?

Basically, I need a critical hit formula.

i cant remember the exact percentages im afraid, but i do know that high critical hit moves boost the stage by 1 in DP and 2 in RSE. focus energy boosts by 2 in DP and 1 in RSE, scope lens boosts by 1 i think in both (not sure about this one) and super luck boosts by 1 aswell i think.

i think scope lens super luck night slash absol has 37.5% chance of critical. +4 stages = 50%

so 1 stage = 12.5 percent or 1/8

Exploud fits in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. does have a decent version done by tea_and_blues already, but its only one. I'll consider it

mankey fits 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 but forbidden has a decent one,.I've already bred one

nidoking fits 1,2,3,4,7 and possibly 8 as there are no truly fantastic ones. (especially modest) not so much 5 as it might hatch wrong gender a lot, and obviously not 6 as it has just one gender. My sister actually bred a pretty good Modest Nidoking. She was actually pretty lucky. I gave her a x/x/x/31/x/31 Smeargle, she bred it with a random female Nidoran, impressive male came out. HP's low, but the 31s passed and everything else is in the 20s

stantler fits 1, can fit 2, 3,4,6,8 i think. not sure about tutor moves, or how long it takes to hatch. I have no idea on how to work Stantler

sharpedo fits 1,2,3,4,5,6. might be some good ones about, might not need tutor moves. I was actually thinking that at one point

goldeen fits 1,2,3,4,5,6,8 im pretty sure. no emerald mvoes though. Not a Seaking fan
Thanks for the ideas, but I'd like a few more ideas (or many votes on one) before I decide.

Any other ideas, people? So far it's either Exploud or Sharpedo. Also, I'd like the needed moves mentioned.

Also, I'd REALLY prefer things where the wrong ability screws it, that really gets annoying. Editing criteria list with that point.

stantler can work pretty well with a movepool like:
stantler jolly/adamant
hypnosis
return
earthquake
other attack move (forget what it has)

like a mini tauros with sleep. also, intimidate and frisk are both v.useful so no trait problems.

i went through the whole of those egg groups, and they were the only things i could see who werent slow to breed, wrong gendered, done by anyone else 500000 times or DP pokemon. if you include dp pokemon i could only add stunky to the list.

stantler can work pretty well with a movepool like:
stantler jolly/adamant
hypnosis
return
earthquake
other attack move (forget what it has)

like a mini tauros with sleep. also, intimidate and frisk are both v.useful so no trait problems. Well, I'll be Emerald breeding, so it'd only be getting Intimidate

i went through the whole of those egg groups, and they were the only things i could see who werent slow to breed, wrong gendered, done by anyone else 500000 times or DP pokemon. if you include dp pokemon i could only add stunky to the list.
Stunky has ability issues, and as I said, I'd prefer something with Emerald moves. Maybe I should try some chain breeding to get a x/31/x/31/x/31 parent in a group more suited to this kind of thing, like getting the IVs onto a Pikachu for a Fairy-group breed.

Also for ideas for me, I'll need to know what Emerald tutor moves and egg moves I'd need.

EDIT: @ta11geese3: I think it's to outspeed stuff after a Dragon Dance. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back