Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try 17 speed IVs atleast so that you outspeed min speed Tyranitar, hence you could stall out the CB versions with Roost.

What are some good Specially Defensive Pokemon that resist Water and Fire? If it has a non-HP, Grass-type attack, that would be nice, but not entirely necessary.

So far, I've seen Milotic and Dragonite that could work, although neither have a Grass-type attack... Are there any others that I'm missing?

If it helps, the rest of my team is currently: Ninjask, Hitmonchan, Jirachi, Donphan, and Rotom-H.

a Thick Fat Snorlax fits the bill.

he can learn Solar Beam (though it's a Sp.Atk), but Plat gave him Seed Bomb, which is the much better option to go with his sexy 110 ATK stat.

What are some good Specially Defensive Pokemon that resist Water and Fire? If it has a non-HP, Grass-type attack, that would be nice, but not entirely necessary.

So far, I've seen Milotic and Dragonite that could work, although neither have a Grass-type attack... Are there any others that I'm missing?

If it helps, the rest of my team is currently: Ninjask, Hitmonchan, Jirachi, Donphan, and Rotom-H.
Hmm.... Tentacruel and Starmie I guess, the latter does not have spectacular defenses though.

Hmm.... Tentacruel and Starmie I guess, the latter does not have spectacular defenses though.
Tentacruel I tried using, but its additional Ground weakness really ticked me off.

I'm not so sure about Starmie, because as you said, its defenses aren't that great, plus I already have a Rapid Spinner. Also, while I was trying out Celebi, I noticed my team had problems with Ghost/Dark type attacks.

Maybe I'll just stick with Suicune... Would it be a smart idea to run 252 SDef and Calm on it?

Ludicolo has decent defensive stats, 4x resists Water, is neutral to Fire, and has Grass Knot.

Kingdra has a 4x resist to both types, but I don't think it has a Grass attack.
Does box trick (eving level 100 Pokemon) work in DP/Plat?
The box trick does work, however level 100 Pokemon do not gain experience, and thus cannot gain EVs from a battle.

Tentacruel I tried using, but its additional Ground weakness really ticked me off.

I'm not so sure about Starmie, because as you said, its defenses aren't that great, plus I already have a Rapid Spinner. Also, while I was trying out Celebi, I noticed my team had problems with Ghost/Dark type attacks.

Maybe I'll just stick with Suicune... Would it be a smart idea to run 252 SDef and Calm on it?
Wouldn't be a bad idea, that's for sure. Suicune's defensive enough to do that.

When swagger/flatter is used on an Own Tempo pokemon, the Own Tempo pokemon's attack/sp. attack will be raised without being confused, is that correct? I was just thinking maybe this might have some usefulness in double battles.

can someone try and explain this to me

Stage 3: Analysis of all the Suspects in the standard metagame with the knowledge of which are considered Uber and OU in a Suspect-free metagame.

what exactly is stage 3? Does that mean once stage 1 and two are done, drop all the suspects (wether they were OU or UBER) back into the OU metagame and test that, or just take the suspect that were voted OU and put them back into the metagame, and see what happens?

I guess this also asks the question on stage one, and no pokemon has been voted OU yet, but pretend Latias became OU, according to stage 1, does that now mean in the next test Latias won't be able to be used, and is being saved for stage three?

Then depending on how the above two are answered, this may be answered in the process, but isn't the suspect test doomed to an infite loop? (unless every suspect becames/stays UBER)
right now, wobb, deoxys, garchomp all became UBER, Skymin for the time being
Pretending Latias became OU, would we not have to retest wobb,deoxys, and garchomp in this "new" OU metgame, what if Latias became that perfect counter to Garhomp and somehow became an uncenteralizing check to garhomp. add in manaphy or other suspects. Again this only assumes they are voted OU, but if they do won't we have to recheck the whole suspect? This may be answer with the first question, but its a follow through if it isn't.

Then hypothetically speaking
If both Latias and Mew became OU through testing
and the metagame with Latias w.o mew was fine
and the metagame with mew w/o latias was fine
but the metagame with mew and latias was over centuralized,

what is the outcome of the vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)