Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
Empoleon doesn't have a particularly high base attack, nor does it perform that well as a tank due to lack of recovery moves. If you're purely needing a water resist with Stealth Rock, check out Celebi.

Empoleon doesn't have a particularly high base attack, nor does it perform that well as a tank due to lack of recovery moves. If you're purely needing a water resist with Stealth Rock, check out Celebi.
I need a Water resist+non-Stealth Rocks-weak that can use physical attacks effectively at the very least, and I'd really prefer something bulky that can also use Roar. Stealth Rocks would be nice as well, but it isn't a necessity.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Swampert would be something that can do that, and so will Vaporeon, both can Roar, though Swampert is able to learn SR and Vaporeon cannot.

Swampert would be something that can do that, and so will Vaporeon, both can Roar, though Swampert is able to learn SR and Vaporeon cannot.
Swampert doesn't resist Water though, which is imperitive, and Vaporeon rarely attacks at all, and when it does it's a special attacker. The Pokemon NEEDS to have both attributes (Water resist+Rock neutrality {at the least} and physical attacker), otherwise my team will be weakened in one aspect or the other.

On the first Meganium set which is better, Light Screen or Reflect? I know both are good options but I just want to know which one is better then the other.

How exactly does tinted lens work? If i use an attack that is normally not very effective, would the attack be neutral or would it essentially be "super effective"?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@Random Pizzaman: It would be treated as neutral.

@shadowbulba: It really depends on the rest of your team D:

So, since Wi-Fi is rather rude in not answering questions I need some help:

Guys, I need help on any IV checking. I have the following Regirock:

Relaxed #377 Regirock: 23 / 29 / 19 / 29 / 3 - 4 / 0 - 2

This was after applying Rare Candies. Because Shoddy isn't working on this laptop, I used X-Act's PID applet to help narrow down the possibilities, though Speed is still not finalized:

Relaxed #377 Regirock: 23 / 29 / 19 / 29 / 3 / 0 - 1

None of the possibilities worked with the 4 in SpDef. So, to make sure I checked in-game with Hidden Power on a Kecleon. Apparently, its Hidden Power is Electric.

Inputting both possibilities into Serebii's Hidden Power Calculator (I checked if I put them in correctly several a few times)....neither come up with HP Electric.

Am I doing something wrong? Is Serebii's calculator just inaccurate? Is there anything else I can do to find out what Speed is? It's not a big deal between 0 and 1, but I just want to know what the last IV is. :/

For extra assistance, here are its stats, lv. 40 UT:
123/96/189/56/86/40

EDIT;; I got a valid combo for 23/29/19/28/3/1, Hp Electric....does this mean that the game's stat characteristic is wrong? It says 'very finicky'...very weird.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Horribly. Use this.
It yields: Relaxed #377 Regirock: 23 - 24 / 28 - 29 / 18 - 19 / 28 - 29 / 3 / 0 - 2
Um, I used Metalkid's IV calculator, that should be a given.....that's exactly what I did, and you didn't see the part where I said after I 'applied the rare candies', to narrow down the field of possibilities. =/

I used Serebii's solely to get Hidden Power.

Still waiting on a response....with an edit, I found a valid IV combo, but it contradicts the game's listed characteristic. ('very finicky')

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Ok, I apologize for the double post, but it seems stupid to lose sleep over this.

Is it ever possible for the game's listed characteristic for a Pokemon to be contradicted? Because it just was for me :/

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Probopass traps Steel Poke.
Probopass uses Magnet Rise.

Is the Steel Poke still trapped?

Other resource sites have me confused...
Yes. Magnet Rise does not change the ability to Levitate, contrary to popular belief, it simply makes you immune to Ground moves for 5 turns.

In other words, it's not like Worry Seed or something that changes ability, so the Steel Pokemon is still trapped.

@Age of Kings

Are you absolutely sure that the Hidden Power is Electric? In order to get that, you need one of two things:

1. Even Special Attack IV and the rest odd
or
2. Even Speed, Defense & HP and/or Attack IVs and the rest odd

So, I've put all of your data for the L40 UT Regirock into MetalKid's IV calculator and gotten this result:

23 - 24 / 28 - 29 / 18 - 19 / 29 / 3 - 4 / 0 - 2

Obviously not completely correct since you need an odd SpD IV for HP Electric. Since the SpA IV is odd (determined by the characteristic), that means the Speed and Defense IVs must be even. We can narrow that down to this:

23-24 / 28-29 / 18 / 29 / 3 / 0,2

...but that doesn't agree with your Rare-Candied stats. Hmm... you might want to double-check your data.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
@Cards of the Heart: I went into Double Battle and used Hidden Power on my own Kecleon. It's Electric.

I tried again and still got the same thing D:

If anything, I may end up trading it to someone on Wi-Fi who can check via AR. :(

If i migrate a keen eye sableye from emerald to dp, would it have a 50% chance of turning to stall sableye like magic guard clefable?

Alright, I've decided to try out Sword Dance Breloom since it resists both Water and Rock, has a high ATK stat, and greatly benefits from Ninjask's Speed Boosts. Can't call it bulky by a long shot, but at least it recovers a large amount of HP with Poison Heal...

However, I'm running into a problem with the moveset. I really want to use Facade, but I'd also like to use Spore, which would restrict me to only one other attack... Is Mach Punch really necessary on the set, especially since it could get Speed Boosts from Ninjask? Could I perhaps run Force Palm over Spore for the chance of Paralysis?

Sorry I'm asking so many team-related questions, I'm still kinda new to this...

Breloom is 2KO'd or OKO'd by Stone Edge by most pokemon. The rock resist means nothing.

And using Mach Punch on something that is given large amounts of speed isn't necessary, use spore as it makes breloom so annoying and useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)