Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Gliscor uses Rest, and the next turn uses Sleep Talk, which selects U-turn. I switch in Magicarp. I switch my Gliscor back in. Will Gliscor awake next attack? If not, I use Sleep Talk and it selects U-turn again, I switch to Magicarp. I switch back to Gliscor, will it awake that turn? If not, I attack, will it awake? Sorry if this isn't a simple question.

If a pokemon says "Apparently met" does that mean it is a hack?

All of the pokemon I have caught myself just say "met at"
I'm pretty sure that it's "apparently met" if you got the pokemon in a trade. Pokemon you caught just say "met at level --", and every pokemon that I have ever received from a trade says "apparently met at level --" or "apparently hatched" .
From here
PS: my question is still open :D

My Gliscor uses Rest, and the next turn uses Sleep Talk, which selects U-turn. I switch in Magicarp. I switch my Gliscor back in. Will Gliscor awake next attack? If not, I use Sleep Talk and it selects U-turn again, I switch to Magicarp. I switch back to Gliscor, will it awake that turn? If not, I attack, will it awake? Sorry if this isn't a simple question.

I don't remember seeing anything that says that using u-turn to switch is any different to a standard switch for this purpose so the sleep timer will still be reset to 0 and you have to wait your two turns before awakening.

If a pokemon with Damp is on the field, will Explosion fail if selected, or will the game prevent me from selecting Explosion?

Rest means the pokemon will be fast asleep for two turns after it has used rest.
Turn 1: Gliscor used Rest.
Turn 2: Gliscor is asleep. Gliscor used Sleep Talk, which selected U-Turn, and switched out.
Turn 3: Gliscor is asleep. Gliscor used Sleep Talk, which selected U-Turn, and switched out.
Turn 4: Gliscor wakes up and attacks as normal.

If a pokemon with Damp is on the field, will Explosion fail if selected, or will the game prevent me from selecting Explosion?

It shouldn't. I'm not sure about on Shoddy though.

who is arguably the best pkmn player ever? why?

GGfan (lol)

EDIT @gorm: I'm not threatening because I know you've asked to be. But that was ridiculous and I want it to stop, pronto. But I'll keep to myself and just ride it out. *sigh*

i already asked to be demodded a while ago so you aren't exactly threatening me with your complaints. enjoy your day without shoddybattle veedrock ^_^v

So you can level them with normal EV spreads and select the lv 50 option?

Whats the magikarp method?

You'll need vitamins, power items, exp shares, and speed reducing berries (maybe).

Start off by giving your pokemon the vitamin to increase the first stat you want to train. Give your pokemon the power item for the stat you want. Give the rest of your pokemon experience shares (this will keep experience on your main pokemon to an absolute minimum). Go fight magikarp until the stat you are training hits 252 (or 255 if you don't care :P). Magikarp gives you speed EVs, so reduce them to 0 and do the same for your other stats.

If you're training for speed, you might want to start off with that so that you can just bypass the whole reducing factor.

This will get you 510 EVs before you hit level 51, and then when you deposit your pokemon into the PC, it's stats will readjust and you have a tournament legal EV trained pokemon. People use this trick to fully EV train Little Cup pokemon (that can only be up to level 5!).

anybody have any ideas for some sort of bulky attacking ev spread for the impish deoxys in my sig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back