Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I got 15,000 steps on my Pokewalker today, and I caught a surfing Pikachu. When I sent it back to my game, I realized the Pikachu was quiet. So I was wondering two things.

1) If I breeded the Pikachu with a Ditto, would it still have surf?
2) If I sent my Gyarados back into the Pokewalker, would I have to take 10,000 more steps to get another surfing/flying Pikachu, or do I keep the 15,000 steps and I just need to take enough steps for watts? The 15,000 steps is still in the bottom left-hand corner.

Hello homies. Soo I have this super amazing vision in my head of this team to make, but I've been out of the game for too long to know what to counter and what not. Would anyone like to go on shoddy and assist me?

Hello people. I am thinking of RNGing myself a nice Zapdos. Is there any HP that anyone can suggest. I see that popular ones are HP Ice and HP Grass; the thing is, which do I choose?

Hello people. I am thinking of RNGing myself a nice Zapdos. Is there any HP that anyone can suggest. I see that popular ones are HP Ice and HP Grass; the thing is, which do I choose?

Zapdos is walled to death by Swampert and its water/ground pals. HP grass is the way to go. I prefer it over HP Ice because dragons can always be handled by something else (as in, anything with Ice shard).

For a Calm Zapdos and only use Hidden Power and Thunderbolt, go for HP ICE. If you want Bold Zapdos and run Heat Wave, run HP Grass. I believe the HP type is discussed in the Stratergy Dex.

Okay, so I got 15,000 steps on my Pokewalker today, and I caught a surfing Pikachu. When I sent it back to my game, I realized the Pikachu was quiet. So I was wondering two things.

1) If I breeded the Pikachu with a Ditto, would it still have surf?
2) If I sent my Gyarados back into the Pokewalker, would I have to take 10,000 more steps to get another surfing/flying Pikachu, or do I keep the 15,000 steps and I just need to take enough steps for watts? The 15,000 steps is still in the bottom left-hand corner.
Don't use Gyarados if all you want is a surfing Pikachu. Ground, Electric, and Grass types cut the number of steps you need to take from 10,000 to 7,500.

Sweet, I got myself a good frame, now it's time for me to soft reset. Anyone got a good suggestion for a pokeball to catch the Zapdos in? I'm thinking a quick ball . . .

thatgirl:

Yes. Baton Pass can even transfer stat reductions, and the Pokemon with Clear Body will be affected by them despite the ability. Clear Body's description reads: "Attacks and abilities by non-bearers can't reduce bearer's stat stages." Since the Baton Pass transfer is not an attack or an ability from an opponent (like Growl or Screech), the Pokemon with Clear Body is still affected by the stat reduction.

Are there any good special sweepers that work like agiligross in that they take a turn to power up and once powered up become really powerful? I was thinking of porygon-z with agility, but I simply can't think of any others. The problem I have with porygon-z is that it has no bulk and can be easily 2HKOed or OHKOed by strong sweepers. If there was a special sweeper that acted like agiligross, it would be really cool.

Are there any good special sweepers that work like agiligross in that they take a turn to power up and once powered up become really powerful? I was thinking of porygon-z with agility, but I simply can't think of any others. The problem I have with porygon-z is that it has no bulk and can be easily 2HKOed or OHKOed by strong sweepers. If there was a special sweeper that acted like agiligross, it would be really cool.

Rock Polish Aggron is the first thing that comes to mind. But like you said, there really aren't too many that can sweep with just one boost. Porygon-Z would still have a bit of trouble after Agility as previously stated

I'll look into that. I looked through the options and found Zapdos and others, but Rock Polish Aggron could really hurt a team. Thanks.

EDIT: Maybe Tailwind Togekiss?

I'll look into that. I looked through the options and found Zapdos and others, but Rock Polish Aggron could really hurt a team. Thanks.

EDIT: Maybe Tailwind Togekiss?

Tailwind only gives you two turns of a speed boost so you wouldn't really be able to sweep. You'd probably have to trap Scizor and Explode on Blissey first, but NP Azelf is fast and powerful so it could pull off a sweep. If you want to use Agility specifically, Zapdos and Empoleon could work with the right support.

I am having Empoleon in my mind (SubPeteya).

Where do I go to complain about a ban/moderator on the smogon server? Is there a specific thread to make a post or do I PM someone in particular?

I don't know where to find exact numers but Life Orb recoil can be minimized by giving the Pokemon an HP that ends in 9 and I think people usually go with a Leftovers number that is one higher than a number that's devisible by 16 (17, 33, 49, 65, etc.).

Quote from rhyperior's page under standard:

"The 136 HP EVs gives Rhyperior an HP stat of 405, which is a Leftovers number plus another HP so that Rhyperior can create another Substitute. Additionally, Rhyperior makes 101 HP Substitutes so Seismic Toss cannot break them."

From this i can see that 404 is a leftover number, but neither 404 nor 403 is divisible by 16. Any ideas?

Quote from rhyperior's page under standard:

"The 136 HP EVs gives Rhyperior an HP stat of 405, which is a Leftovers number plus another HP so that Rhyperior can create another Substitute. Additionally, Rhyperior makes 101 HP Substitutes so Seismic Toss cannot break them."

From this i can see that 404 is a leftover number, but neither 404 nor 403 is divisible by 16. Any ideas?
404 is a substitute number, so that at level 100, Sesmic Toss/Night Shade will not be able to break the Pokemon's Substitute in one hit, allowing setup/less prediction. That 16n+1 theory is from the fact that residual damage (Stealth rock/sandstorm/etc.) will spare the Pokemon. You can certainly use this rule, but it is usually better to max HP on walls (not named Blissey), and more on atk/spe on frail offensive Pokemon.

@Skymin_Flower
So where can you get Pokemon XD then? And which console is the game on (and transfering the Pokemon...)?

So where can you get Pokemon XD then? And which console is the game on (and transfering the Pokemon...)?
It's a GameCube game, so you probably won't see it in stores anymore. You'd probably need to buy it online. You won't HAVE to buy a GameCube if you don't have one though, the Wii is backwards compatible so you can use a Wii.

You use the GameCube-to-GBA cable to send Pokemon from there to your GBA game, and then migrate them to gen 4 from there.

EDIT: Transferring from a Wii is entirely possible. A Wii running a Cube game is essentially a GameCube, and it has all the controller and memory card slots that the Cube does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back