Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the term "metagaming" mean (e.g. "He was metagaming against you?" ? I know what "metagame" means, but I'm not sure about metagaming.

How many Speed Boosts does a Modest MAX Speed Yanmega need to outspeed Jolly MAX Speed Weavile?
One speed boosted Yanamega Outspeeds +Nature with 147 (not named Deoxys-RS/Deoxys-FR/Ninjask/Deoxys-E) or lower base 167 Speed and netural nature (!= Speedy Deoxy-E),so Weavile,yes.

well, actually i would say use spikes on skarmory.
if you have another spiker, like swampert to use stealth rock
i would absolutely use skarm.
the thing about skarmory is he can take hits, very well
this allows him to lay down spikes(1-3), whilrwind, and maybe lay even more spikes if you need to lay down any more.
if skarm is your only spiker, then i perfer stealthrock, since it is unavoidable.

EDIT: a metagame is what usually everyone is using. for example, people all use the same (hypothetical) team. to metagame against them means,
you make a team that counters their team which mostly everyon is using

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
arielby you answer is more than confusing...

modest max speed yanmega means 289 speed, one speed boost makes it 433 (289 * 1.5 or 289 + 144), jolly max speed weavile hits 383 speed, the minimum speed to outspeed such a weavile after one speed boost is 256 speed (256 * 1.5 = 384)

Hi, I'm new to the Smogon boards, but I've been spending the past few hours browsing, and I really like the discussions here.

I have a few questions:

1) How do I guarantee a Porygon-Z with the Adaptability trait? Ive heard from some people that it's random, I've heard from others that a Porygon2 with Trace will always become Porygon-Z with Adaptability, and I've heard one person say that Porygon/Porygon2's obtained via Pal Park are random, but Porygon's bred in D/P with Trace will always become Adaptability.

Since Dubious Discs aren't exactly easy to come by, I want to know for sure beforehand.

2) What is the multiplier of Hitmonchan's Iron Fist trait? Is it 1.5x? And does it only affect moves with the word "Punch" in the name? I'm curious as to whether it works with Sky Uppercut, as an uppercut is technically a punch. If not, would you recommend Drain Punch or Close Combat on an Iron Fist Hitmonchan?

3) Does Last Resort work if you have less than 4 moves?

Any help would be really appreciated.

I finished through all of Stark Mountain and went to the cave where the E4 guy is all like "Zomg its the magma stone!" and the whole cave shaking thing. But I cant get Heatran. Help please?

Where do you get the Effort Ribbon in DP? I'm worried that I didn't max out EVs on one of my Pokemon, and I need to find out.

1) How do I guarantee a Porygon-Z with the Adaptability trait?

3) Does Last Resort work if you have less than 4 moves?
1. Breed/hatch/raise your Porygon on D/P. (That is, no Pal Parking of Porygons, except for parenting purposes.)

3. As far as I know, yes, as long as Last Resort is not your only move.

Where do you get the Effort Ribbon in DP? I'm worried that I didn't max out EVs on one of my Pokemon, and I need to find out.
Sunyshore Market.

Thanks Robo Mike.

Now I just need to find out about Hitmonchan's Iron Fist trait. I really want to raise one, as I always liked Hitmonchan, but he's been pretty unuseable until D/P.

Zenigame- naive isnt such a good nature for giratina, as it is slow for an uber. it should be used as a wall, so generally, you should max out HP. for a more comprehensive (and much more experienced) EV spread, look at the
D/P Analysises (spellt?) one the top of the Stark mountain thread, and search for Giratina.

As long as you evolve it into Porygon2 in D/P it will get Adaptability if the Porygon2 has Trace. For Hitmoncan you'll need to evolve the Tyroge in D/P, there's no other way.

I finished through all of Stark Mountain and went to the cave where the E4 guy is all like "Zomg its the magma stone!" and the whole cave shaking thing. But I cant get Heatran. Help please?
You'll need to exit and go to the house outside Stark Mountain and speak to Buck and the old lady, then return to Heatran's chamber.

** Mewtwo
** Mew
** Wobbuffet
** Lugia
** Ho-Oh
** Wynaut
** Latias
** Latios
** Kyogre
** Groudon
** Rayquaza
** Deoxys (all forms)
** Dialga
** Palkia
** Giratina
** Darkrai
** Arceus

EDIT: If I use a deyoxs-lg and a deyoxs-fr on the same team, would I be in violation of species clause?

Another stupid question; where do I go to play a L100 Wi-Fi battle? I want to find out the DV's of a newborn Pokemon.

** Mewtwo
** Mew
** Wobbuffet
** Lugia
** Ho-Oh
** Wynaut
** Latias
** Latios
** Kyogre
** Groudon
** Rayquaza
** Deoxys (all forms)
** Dialga
** Palkia
** Giratina
** Darkrai
** Arceus

EDIT: If I use a deyoxs-lg and a deyoxs-fr on the same team, would I be in violation of species clause?
So is that all of them that are counted as UBER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)