Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi^^

This is my first post around here, so I guess I should introduce myself. Hi, I'm Lynn, and I have been playing pokemon for about a year on showdown. You might have seen me playing in unmatched randoms.

Speaking of which, the reason I'm here. I was playing a random match, and my foe put 2 of my pokemon to sleep. Since I don't remember any changes to sleep clause, all I can say is pretty much...what?

Here is the link to the match: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-unratedrandombattle-165142253

So...that's pretty much it. See ya^^

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi^^

This is my first post around here, so I guess I should introduce myself. Hi, I'm Lynn, and I have been playing pokemon for about a year on showdown. You might have seen me playing in unmatched randoms.

Speaking of which, the reason I'm here. I was playing a random match, and my foe put 2 of my pokemon to sleep. Since I don't remember any changes to sleep clause, all I can say is pretty much...what?

Here is the link to the match: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-unratedrandombattle-165142253

So...that's pretty much it. See ya^^
Heyo, judging by the starting area, there aren't any clauses in effect, and I'd assume that because it's unrated randoms, it doesn't matter as much, as the battles are done as fun, and if the opponent gets a pokemon that drops everything asleep, it doesn't really matter.

And the same for randbats, which doesn't abide by those clauses as well, afaik

I could be wrong, but that's all I remember as clauses are normally placed at the top, and there aren't any in the battle.

...But the same random battles used sleep clause before. As I said, I've been battling for a year. This never happened. Today was the first time, and not just because no one ever tried.

Hey. How do you change the name of an account, but still keep the record standings of that account? I'm asking because I've been laddering OU, and I pulled of a w/l ratio of 19:1, so I'd like to give myself credit if I were to advance :P

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey. How do you change the name of an account, but still keep the record standings of that account? I'm asking because I've been laddering OU, and I pulled of a w/l ratio of 19:1, so I'd like to give myself credit if I were to advance :P
Sorry, you can't transfer ladder rankings over to new accounts.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
You can't, you'd have to start from scratch if you change your name.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
imo this is the place to post this, but correct me if i'm wrong.
http://i.imgur.com/C4piKwd.png
I didn't spam/hack/attack PS or w/e else, and i dunno what a proxy is. I use the wifi at my home, and this has never happened to me before. I was logged in yesterday without anything unusual and did a few battles, but today it shows this. Help me.
Your IP is probably dynamic and probably hit a range that is banned from PS. Reset your router to get a new IP and you should probably be able to log on. if you honestly aren't using a proxy that is.

'Sup peeps.

I was wondering how you can edit the rule of custom games, if at all. In particular, is it possible to remove team preview?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
'Sup peeps.

I was wondering how you can edit the rule of custom games, if at all. In particular, is it possible to remove team preview?
There used to be a Custom Game (No Team Preview) option, but it doesn't exist anymore. It's mostly just a game with no rules whatsoever. Of course, if you wanted to truly customize the game, there's always Pet Mods or Other Metagames, which there is a forum for.

There used to be a Custom Game (No Team Preview) option, but it doesn't exist anymore. It's mostly just a game with no rules whatsoever. Of course, if you wanted to truly customize the game, there's always Pet Mods or Other Metagames, which there is a forum for.
Ah, thanks a lot for the info!

Hi, so I'm a new user who ran into this situation: I had a Reuniculus that was at 4x Sp Atk/Sp Def due to Calm Mind. The opponent was a Gengar trying to use Destiny Bond, so I tried to wait it out by spamming Calm Mind/Recover until it ran out of PP for it. Eventually he started using Shadow Ball, which only did about 18% damage, which Reuniculus shrugged off like nothing, and I recovered it easily. So I was about to hit him with a Psyshock, when he hits me with Shadow Ball, except it's a critical. No big deal, right? Wrong. Apparently Shadow Ball which until now had been hitting me for less than a fifth of my health, was able to OHKO me (despite having completely full health) because of a critical. Is there something I'm missing here? I attached a screenshot(I assume there's probably some way to record the battle but unfortunately I didn't do so), since I'm truly stumped as to what happened.

Attachments

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, so I'm a new user who ran into this situation: I had a Reuniculus that was at 4x Sp Atk/Sp Def due to Calm Mind. The opponent was a Gengar trying to use Destiny Bond, so I tried to wait it out by spamming Calm Mind/Recover until it ran out of PP for it. Eventually he started using Shadow Ball, which only did about 18% damage, which Reuniculus shrugged off like nothing, and I recovered it easily. So I was about to hit him with a Psyshock, when he hits me with Shadow Ball, except it's a critical. No big deal, right? Wrong. Apparently Shadow Ball which until now had been hitting me for less than a fifth of my health, was able to OHKO me (despite having completely full health) because of a critical. Is there something I'm missing here? I attached a screenshot(I assume there's probably some way to record the battle but unfortunately I didn't do so), since I'm truly stumped as to what happened.
Critical hits ignore defense raises and instead do 1.5x the damage the attack would do normally (with no raises).

Huh, well I guess you learn something new every day. I hadn't realized they had changed it from the older versions of the game when it was simply double damage.

Why do people get so serious over suggesting a room? I mean really, it's only a suggestion to the site.
I mean, a simple answer like "Sorry, but it can't be made: because, (reason)" is necessary. :p I personally like suggesting some rooms for PS ^_^

Edit: Thanks Trickster! :D

Last edited:
Why do people get so serious over suggesting a room? I mean really, it's only a suggestion to the site.
I mean, a simple answer like "Sorry, but it can't be made: because, (reason)" is necessary. :p
If you're referring to why staff are sometimes harsh about room suggestions, it's because many room suggestions don't follow the guidelines or are only suggested for the sake of suggesting a room, rather than to actually try to get something added to the site. The only room suggestions that will be taken seriously are the ones that are clearly thought through and will actually improve PS.

Manectric used Volt Switch!

The opposing Heatran lost 24% of its health!

Manectric went back to losedude!

Error parsing: switch|p2a: Azumarill|Azumarill, F|351/401

Error: TypeError: 'null' is not an object

Pointed stones dug into Azumarill!

What does this mean? It did switch btw

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Huh, well I guess you learn something new every day. I hadn't realized they had changed it from the older versions of the game when it was simply double damage.
Critical hits have always ignored defense boosts. They also used to ignore the attacking Pokemon's offensive boosts in RBY, which led to some hilarious luck-sacking situations...

Say I want to use PS!'s teambuilder at school, but the school blocks the website. Would saving it as an .htm or installing the .exe allow me to use the teambuilder without being able to connect to the servers?

Say I want to use PS!'s teambuilder at school, but the school blocks the website. Would saving it as an .htm or installing the .exe allow me to use the teambuilder without being able to connect to the servers?
As far as I know, it wouldn't really work because you have to connect to servers to use the team builder no matter what. However, you can try a combination of the smogon site and a word processing software to make sets and import them back into ps? I'm not exactly sure if you can or can't connect to teanbuilder if the server is blocked but I'm pretty sure that teambuilder wouldn't work anyway =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)