Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to delete a name from being registered?
Yes, only administrators can do it, and it's only done in special circumstances such as you forgetting the password or for it to match your Smogon username (with notability). Different administrators will reset nicknames for varying reasons.

Ninety Nine

When your browser fails to load showdown there are 2 options; switch browsers to one that works (most likely google chrome) or use the downloadable client. The client is pretty much a guaranteed fix to any problems your having connecting to the server.

Ninety Nine

Is there a way force pokemon to use their default models? As in, neither player's pokemon ever appear shiny?
No unfortunately, in your teambuilder you can specify if your pokemon will be shiny or not but you have no influence over your opponent, also with the addition of 3d models not all pokemon have shiny sprites to see which pokemon do have their shiny sprites done check out this document

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You click on their name and click challenge, then choose the format and your team and await a response.

probably a dumb question, but how do you seek out and challenge a specific player? i can't seem to figure it out
Well, if you do not know what room they are in, do in any chat; /user or /whois. You put in there username and you will be able to find out what room they are in and challenge them by clicking there name and etc. If you want to challenge them all in one step, you simply do /challenge [username]. Then you select your tier and battle :).

i have a problem, when i make a team in pokemon showdown, if i exit showdown and enter again my teams dissapear

its really boring to have to build my team everyday

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
i have a problem, when i make a team in pokemon showdown, if i exit showdown and enter again my teams dissapear

Make sure that you have cookies enabled in your browser and that your browser is not set to delete data upon closing.

Well, if you do not know what room they are in, do in any chat; /user or /whois. You put in there username and you will be able to find out what room they are in and challenge them by clicking there name and etc. If you want to challenge them all in one step, you simply do /challenge [username]. Then you select your tier and battle :).
Thanks a lot! I

Clearing your cookies (specifically, localStorage) will delete your teams.

If you want to clear your cookies or localStorage, you can use the Backup/Restore feature to save your teams as text first.

Basically, are you clearing any of your cookies? If you want to save it, you could get the text of your team which is located once you click your team to edit. The button is called " Import/Export ". So if this problem persist, you can pull up the saved text and Copy and Paste it and your team will be back.

Screenshot (4).png

Keep in mind that using a private browser such as Incognito or InPrivate (IE) will not save your teams, as it doesn't save any cookies from your time on the site, and doesn't save any teams. Like other posts, you can save your teams in a Notepad file and simply copy back it in every time.

What does the Glicko-1 stat represent in our ladder rankings?
I believe it is the classic Glicko rank; it's not like GXE where it represents a percent or anything, if I recall correctly.

"The Glicko rating system and Glicko-2 rating system are methods for assessing a player's strength in games of skill, such as chess and go. It was invented by Mark Glickman as an improvement of the Elo rating system, and initially intended for the primary use as a chess rating system. Glickman's principal contribution to measurement is "ratings reliability", called RD, for ratings deviation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glicko_rating_system

So I've been busy breeding pokes and I was wondering what are the chances of passing down certain IVs from the parent to the baby poke. I just thought that knowing this might speed up the process a bit. (I know I've seen a chart somewhere on this but I can't remember where).

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Question: is there a place I can suggest new battle modes/variations for Pokemon Showdown, and if so where? My idea is Smogon Doubles Monotype, since the only have monotype singles atm as far as I can tell
You can suggest new formats by * using the OM Submissions forum, be sure to read this thread for full instructions. My mistake Arcticblast
So I've been busy breeding pokes and I was wondering what are the chances of passing down certain IVs from the parent to the baby poke. I just thought that knowing this might speed up the process a bit. (I know I've seen a chart somewhere on this but I can't remember where).
You should check out this thread in the Wi-Fi forum along with Smogon's IV breeding guide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)