Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Does anyone have a complete list of usable walls in OU?
So far I have:
Physical Walls:
Gliscor, Skarmory, Slowbro, Gyarados, Tangrowth, Weezing, Mew, Forretress

Special:
Blissey, Chansey, Jirachi, Tyranitar, Vaporeon, Slowking, Snorlax, Tentacruel, Latias

Mixed:
Rotom-W, Dusknoir, Dusclops, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Bronzong, Chansey, Porygon2, Cresselia, Vaporeon, Registeel, Deoxys-D

Is there any I missed?
You've pretty much named the main ones, so I thought I'd throw out the unexpected and occasionally useful anomalies.

Regirock: 80 hp, 200 defense, 100 special defense.
Steelix: lower hp and special defense, but he brings better typing. Between 85 attack and sheer force he can be surprisingly strong.
Shedinja: self explanatory.

You've pretty much named the main ones, so I thought I'd throw out the unexpected and occasionally useful anomalies.

Regirock: 80 hp, 200 defense, 100 special defense.
Steelix: lower hp and special defense, but he brings better typing. Between 85 attack and sheer force he can be surprisingly strong.
Shedinja: self explanatory.
Hmm, thank you for that. Lol @ Shedinja, I love that little guy.

One more question: Would Toxic Spikes function ok on an offensive/ Balanced team or is that whole concept just flawed, and should I focus more on spreading Paralysis/ WoW?

Hmm, thank you for that. Lol @ Shedinja, I love that little guy.

One more question: Would Toxic Spikes function ok on an offensive/ Balanced team or is that whole concept just flawed, and should I focus more on spreading Paralysis/ WoW?
Toxic spikes wears down walls so your offensive pokemon sweep easier. As for balanced it lets walls stall and sweepers sweep easier. Its a viable strategy in every way. If your team focuses on WOWs and paralyisis then I wont recommend T-spikes

if i teach my larvitar (M) TM stealth rock from soul silver,
then i transfer it to white, if i breed that larvitar will it have a stealth rock move on the baby

Actually since you can buy SR in HGSS it doesn't really matter.
i was refering to the fact that it may set up the SR but may end up getting KO'd in the same turn... but thats good too... i mean my zoroark could kill it with a focus blast and it wouldnt do much (excluding the sand stream) whereas my swampert can get one up and then attack without tking much damage (unless being hit by a grass type)

yeah... but it would work better on something like a swampert or a ferrothorn
Sassy Mixed Tyranitar, which always runs Stealth Rock, is the most common Tyranitar set this generation. Tyranitar is tankier than Swampert and Ferrothorn in SpD with investment and the boost from Sandstorm, which it also starts.

Im breeding Guts Shinx. Is Jolly or Adamant nature better for a general attacking set of Crunch, Wild Charge, Volt Switch, Return?

I know Intimidate has some better uses so don't mention that. Thanks in advance

just nitpicking that Tyranitar is actually bulkier than Swampert

100/110/100 is bulkier than 100/90/90
Also just nitpicking, in defence of Swampert > TTar for bulk, TTar is weak to ground, grass, water, bug, steel and 4x weak to Fighting. He does get Sandstorm SpD boost, but Marshtomp only really has grass to worry about in the competitive metagame.

Im breeding Guts Shinx. Is Jolly or Adamant nature better for a general attacking set of Crunch, Wild Charge, Volt Switch, Return?

I know Intimidate has some better uses so don't mention that. Thanks in advance
What tier are you using it in? What item? If you're using Volt Switch as a method of scouting, I'd say Adamant @Choice Scarf, since his middling 70 speed won't be taking him anywhere with a jolly nature anyways.

Really I'd just say adamant in general. It's a Luxray, he's more for novelty anyways.

What tier are you using it in? What item? If you're using Volt Switch as a method of scouting, I'd say Adamant @Choice Scarf, since his middling 70 speed won't be taking him anywhere with a jolly nature anyways.

Really I'd just say adamant in general. It's a Luxray, he's more for novelty anyways.
Damn. I bred it Jolly. Adamant was nowhere near my starting frame. Theoretically, I'd be using it in UU with a Flame Orb. Volt Switch was mainly a filler as well. Would Jolly work for a Flame Orb set?

What is a good team archetype to get into competitive battling with?

I normally go straight for styles that are difficult as I find those the most fun. However I need to improve my overall skills first as the sun team and trick room team I made have been nothing but frustrating recently. I would prefer to build my own team, but I guess I could copy a good team if that is what it takes to learn the necessary skills to battle on my terms.

Damn. I bred it Jolly. Adamant was nowhere near my starting frame. Theoretically, I'd be using it in UU with a Flame Orb. Volt Switch was mainly a filler as well. Would Jolly work for a Flame Orb set?
IMO jolly and adamant are both good natures. However, Jolly lets you speed tie with breloom and scizor and out speed azelf with a scarf so I think Jolly is much more important than adamant. Adamant does not get any real important kills that jolly wont get.

Now here is my question, how do you get a blissey with aromatherapy AND counter AND wish. I saw someone use it once and I did not think this was possible

IMO jolly and adamant are both good natures. However, Jolly lets you speed tie with breloom and scizor and out speed azelf with a scarf so I think Jolly is much more important than adamant. Adamant does not get any real important kills that jolly wont get.

Now here is my question, how do you get a blissey with aromatherapy AND counter AND wish. I saw someone use it once and I did not think this was possible
Wish is an event chansey, and aromatherapy is an egg move, so it was hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)