Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got some questions about battling:
Can you use dream world abilities?
Is there some sort of ban list other than the obvious ubers?

i got some questions about battling:
Can you use dream world abilities?
Is there some sort of ban list other than the obvious ubers?
AFAIK, released DW abilities are allowed (there's a thread that has these stated).

Generally, the "obvious" ubers are banned. I dunno where a list is, however, maybe someone else can help you there.

Can you let Pokemon hold TMs? Like, not from 4th gen -> 5th Gen, just in general.

I figure "no", since they're reusable and I don't think you can buy more then one, but I'm just curious.

Can you let Pokemon hold TMs? Like, not from 4th gen -> 5th Gen, just in general.

I figure "no", since they're reusable and I don't think you can buy more then one, but I'm just curious.
TMs themselves are items, so they can be held yes.

However, when transferring from Gen 4-->5, Items cannot be held. Period.

itt Bulb gives you an immunity to water and raises your Sp.A by one stage when hit by a Water-type move, which leads me to my question: Is the Bulb a one-time use item?
Actually, Bulb doesn't give an immunity; a Pokémon holding it still takes damage from Water attacks. It is a one-time use item; as you have to be hit by the Water attack, it doesn't work with any Pokémon immune to Water-type attacks.

So is there a such thing as a legit flawless ditto?
Of course. I wouldn't suggest if there wasn't. Here is the deal:
1-Visit the wi-fi forums more.
2-Learns what is RNG abuse, you will understand how it's possible.

Also thanks for the clarification @Ech0z and @Engineer Pikachu, knowing that is a different multiplier is already a advance.

Does Transform copy catch rates anymore? I caught 2 Dittos today, 1 transformed into Terrakion and the other Victini and I caught both with the first PokeBall (Normal one) I threw. Am I just lucky or doesn't Transform copy catch rates anymore?

So most of you may've already heard of the battle theme that plays when your Pokemon's in a pinch (low, red HP zone), and I've a question about it. Does this theme play if you're sending out a Shedinja? Or will it be the regular battle theme instead?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Does Transform copy catch rates anymore? I caught 2 Dittos today, 1 transformed into Terrakion and the other Victini and I caught both with the first PokeBall (Normal one) I threw. Am I just lucky or doesn't Transform copy catch rates anymore?

you were lucky i tried to catch a ditto with a metagross in gen 5 and it was extremely hard or maybe i was extremely unlucky, but i tried with another pokemon and it worked much easier so i guess it still copys catch rate.

@Sei since Shedinja has 100% of its health i doubt the pinch theme would start to play although i didn't tested it

So most of you may've already heard of the battle theme that plays when your Pokemon's in a pinch (low, red HP zone), and I've a question about it. Does this theme play if you're sending out a Shedinja? Or will it be the regular battle theme instead?
It's "red health" rather than generic "low health". Shedinja is 100% or 0% so it will never play for him.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If Zoroark is disguised as a shadow tag user, are you able to switch out? On pokemon online you aren't and im sure its a glitch. If not, that's.. kinda broken.

If Zoroark is disguised as a shadow tag user, are you able to switch out? On pokemon online you aren't and im sure its a glitch. If not, that's.. kinda broken.
Zoroark is not meant to copy the ability of who it's impersonating; pretty certain this is a glitch. An odd one at that if it's impersonating Shanderaa in this case, who has multiple abilities and not just Shadow Tag.

As of this generation, is it finally possible to breed dittos, and get ditto eggs? Or do you still have to catch them just in the wild?

If my Pokemon is paralyzed, does the paralysis have a higher chance of kicking in if I use moves like Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Shadow Sneak, etc.? It sure seems like it.

I'm trying to post a warstory I've just written, and I did it in Microsoft Word 2010, formatted everything just the way I like it, put in pictures adn everything, but when I try and copy/paste it into the new thread starter, all the formatting/pictures are gone! Is there anyway in which I could post the word document up? Or maybe get the whole thing to have a URL, and then just insert it as an image? And in regards to the 2nd option, is there anyone who could recommend some way of how to do this?

I spent a good 2 hours working on this warstory, trying to get it just right, so could someone please help me???

I am well aware of Smogon's policy of dream world abilities but would it be illegal for a Zapdos to have:
The lightning rod ability with Heat Wave?

I know atm the whole Lightning rod ability is illegal with Smogon standards but would Heat wave with it be illegal if you were to allow DW abilties for a battle?

I'm trying to post a warstory I've just written, and I did it in Microsoft Word 2010, formatted everything just the way I like it, put in pictures adn everything, but when I try and copy/paste it into the new thread starter, all the formatting/pictures are gone! Is there anyway in which I could post the word document up? Or maybe get the whole thing to have a URL, and then just insert it as an image? And in regards to the 2nd option, is there anyone who could recommend some way of how to do this?

I spent a good 2 hours working on this warstory, trying to get it just right, so could someone please help me???
I'm 90% sure the issue is your pictures. If you actually put the images in Word and tried to copy them over, it doesn't work.

Here's what I recommend: go back to your word file and replace each of the images with a placeholder. For example, wherever you want a Pikachu sprite, type something like [Pikachu]. Make sure it's something unique that doesn't appear anywhere else in the warstory, and make a different placeholder for every image you use. Now, copy and paste everything over into the thread starter.

Either find the images you want or upload them yourself to the net. Get the URL of one image, press CTRL+F and search for the placeholder that corresponds with that image. Delete the placeholder and insert the image in its place. Hit the next button on the find feature to find the next placeholder and repeat until you've replaced all the placeholders. Repeat this process for every image you need. When you're done, you should have a well formatted post.

It's more work, but unfortunately, there's nothing else you can do unless you want to take screenshots of your Word file instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)