Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a cross between sigil and glyph; so, that explains how to pronounce the i and the y... But sigil has a soft g and glyph has a hard one, so I guess that bit's up to you.

(Though apparently sigil is sometimes pronounced with a hard g...)

Greetings, I wanted to ask a simple question so I registered right now, but this site seems interesting so I may be around here for some time...

My question is about EV training, I can't find any answer about this.

If I'm training Speed EVs with my Pokémon, against a Basculin (2 points), and it has a Power Anklet (+4 Speed EV each battle) I'd get 6 EV.
But what if I switched my Pokémon because it's still too weak, and finished the battle with another pokémon? (With no Power Anklet).
Would I get 6 for the weak one and 2 for the another? Or is there any kind of EV share?

Thanks.

Greetings, I wanted to ask a simple question so I registered right now, but this site seems interesting so I may be around here for some time...

My question is about EV training, I can't find any answer about this.

If I'm training Speed EVs with my Pokémon, against a Basculin (2 points), and it has a Power Anklet (+4 Speed EV each battle) I'd get 6 EV.
But what if I switched my Pokémon because it's still too weak, and finished the battle with another pokémon? (With no Power Anklet).
Would I get 6 for the weak one and 2 for the another? Or is there any kind of EV share?

Thanks.
Each Pokémon that was in the fight gets the full amount of EVs it should (so long as it receives some exp); so, yeah, 6 and 2. I'd recommend getting Pokérus if you can; it doubles EV gain. (So, you'd get 12 EVs per fight for Anklet + Pokérus vs. Basculin).

Each Pokémon that was in the fight gets the full amount of EVs it should (so long as it receives some exp); so, yeah, 6 and 2. I'd recommend getting Pokérus if you can; it doubles EV gain. (So, you'd get 12 EVs per fight for Anklet + Pokérus vs. Basculin).
Ok, I'll try to get Pokérus. I noticed I've trained EV's wrong till Gen IV, so it's time to get a good team.

Thanks!

You can probably find someone in the wifi forum who'll trade you something with Pokérus, though. I was lucky in Platinum - the very first thing I caught was a Starly with Pokérus. And a 31 attack IV.

Hi, I'm trying to make the jump to Gen V but I'm running into problems due my inexperience. I want to use Whimsicott but I don't know how to build a team around an annoyer, what can you recommend me?

On a similar topic, what pokemon are good to team up with Porygon 2? Is it suited to stall or it's better to use him in bulky offense teams?

Thanks in advance.

Are the sleep mechanics present in japanese B/W retained in the localized B/W? ie: sleep counter resets on switch out

Reposted due to no answer

Hey everyone, can anyone help me evolve my Gurdurr? It just hit 25, and I'd like to evolve it asap or does anyone know if the whole global trade system still works?

On a similar topic, what pokemon are good to team up with Porygon 2? Is it suited to stall or it's better to use him in bulky offense teams?

Thanks in advance.
Porygon2 is more of a throw in pokemon which deals with specific threats, like heatran, intimidate pokemon, etc. Its usable in both but I would say stall. Bulky offense (unless its TR, where p2 is best off in terms of offense), would limit it to a charge beam sweeper set, since it cant do much otherwise.
Are the sleep mechanics present in japanese B/W retained in the localized B/W? ie: sleep counter resets on switch out

Reposted due to no answer
we can only assume it stays the same. There is no reason not to. It may change, but as far as I know it hasn't. I dont have the English version, but it can be easily checked by getting a pokemon to sleep and using an action, switching it out and in, and if at any time you use more than 5 (iirc) actions it means it stayed the same.

So Sheer Force Rufflet/Braviary won't take damage from Brave Bird?
Yes, it will take damage from brave bird, since the recoil is part of the move itself not a secondary effect.
But if holding a LO and using Rock slide, it would take no LO recoil, however, rock slide would never flinch.That how sheer force works.

Not sure how to reach a certain spot on Route 18.

There's a Battle Girl running around on the beach, you can see her as you cross a high bridge. There's also an item on the beach to the south of her. Looking at bulbapedia it's probably TM 19 Telekinesis.

I'm going crazy with Surfing trying to find a way to that beach, but I give up.

Edit: found my way through the currents. Momentary bout of weakness!

So in battle, some pokemon, when sent out, have this like golden dust or whatever appear when they hit the ground, ex. tyranitar, scolipede, virizion; i assume this is an indication of weight, does anyone know for sure? Like if you see the gold dust come out under them does that mean they will take the max damage from weight affected moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)