Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - The Smog Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to The Smog forum! This forum is home to The Smog. Here are some rules to keep in mind while posting in this thread~

1. You may ask any questions related to The Smog; do not post threads to ask such questions.
  2. Quote the post you are replying to if it's not directly above your post.
  3. All Smogon Global Rules apply.
  4. This thread is dedicated to questions pertaining to The Smog; it is preferred to ask Pokemon-related or other questions in the respective forum's SQSA thread.
  5. Refer to The Smog Submission Guidelines if you are interested in contributing for The Smog, but feel free to ask questions here if you have any~

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to this part of smogon so I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this. I have a few parts to this question. So, here is goes:
1.a. When was the last article on OU teambuilding made?
b. If the last one is not so recent, could I possibly make one?
c. How would one get the article checked out?
Thanks in advance!

Hi pokemaster! Your first question is a bit vague to me. What exactly do you mean by ou teambuilding? To answer your second question as a general rule if an article was made a while ago you can create a newer version because there could be a lot of changes (metagame trends, new pokemon) but if your artucle idea happened just a few issues ago I wouldn't make a new one. The smog moderators check out your article in artucle approvals to make sure your idea is good and once its approved all smog workers can view you making your article. It sounds intimidating but it is actually great because felliw smog workers could help you if you are finding something difficult.

If I were you I would post your idea in article approvals: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=216 and see what a smog mod has to say

Hope I helped :)

Hi pokemaster! Your first question is a bit vague to me. What exactly do you mean by ou teambuilding? To answer your second question as a general rule if an article was made a while ago you can create a newer version because there could be a lot of changes (metagame trends, new pokemon) but if your artucle idea happened just a few issues ago I wouldn't make a new one. The smog moderators check out your article in artucle approvals to make sure your idea is good and once its approved all smog workers can view you making your article. It sounds intimidating but it is actually great because felliw smog workers could help you if you are finding something difficult.

If I were you I would post your idea in article approvals: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=216 and see what a smog mod has to say

Hope I helped :)
Thanks. I figured out the first question but thanks for the answer to the others!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if it's modeled after a specific person, but you can find the article in which the art was featured here. You could also ask the artist (Chou Toshio) about his interpretation of it.

Hi ! I'm not English-native, so sorry for the mistakes.
I'd like to know if there is a way to find some kind of galery (or something like that) compiling all artworks made for The Smog.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
No, there isn't. However, many threads in Smeargle's Studio have a lot of artwork contributed to The Smog.

Hey! I would like to know how does RMT teams get chosen for the Smog Issues? And how can one apply to try to get its team on it.

As me being someone who has written a featured/spotlight rmt I can tell you that there is no real process on how the teams get chosen. I just chose a team I thought was pretty solid and had pretty good success on the ladder. You are not allowed to write about your own teams and I highly doubt the smog would allow gimmicky teams unless they have shown some decent succes but don't quote me on that.

And for your second question I don't really have an answer sorry! If your team is solid an your rmt looks visually appealing there is a chance that it will get picked.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yea Superpowerdude got p much everything right. An RMT is chosen when there's an author who wants to write a Spotlight RMT and pick one. If the team is good enough we can approve the article~ There's no application to get your team written for The Smog though :O!

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
No, Seismic Toss is a fixed damage depending on the user's level.

This is the wrong SQSA, you should have tried the Smogon Metagames SQSA though.

I'm new, just joined today. Sorry if this is the improper place to ask.
How do I become a tutee (or whichever is on the learning end) in the Battling 101 thing? I was never really a competitive player, but now I would like to learn. Sorry again if this is the wrong place to ask.

Hi!
If I want to submit an article idea, how do I go about it?
I tried following the links in the smog submission guidelines but with the new forums, they don't exist anymore
Thanks in advance for your time!

Hi! post your idea here http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/article-approvals.216/ which is the article approval subforum. No one will be able to view your post except for admins, super mods and moderators of the smog can view it so don't worry no one will still your idea haha. Choose the tag of the relevant category your article falls under (Metagame, Other Features, etc) and post a brief description of what your article is going to be about and hopefully a smog mod will come along and approve it!

can anyone do art for the smog or do you have to have an art badge? also if anyone can post art where do you post it to?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Along with site updates the Smogon Content Management System is currently down and is the system that has all the images. By all means we are itching to get them back up but this is among tons of other fixes that are currently being done with the site.

So it might be a while.

sandshrewz

POTATO
can anyone do art for the smog or do you have to have an art badge? also if anyone can post art where do you post it to?
Read this post for more info ^_^! If you want to apply to do art for The Smog, post a thread after reading that post in Article Approvals forum :)

reupload the pictures
I guess this is a question asking where the images went? ?_? Layell is right here. Not all images have been re-uploaded since we switched over here. They'll be back soon though !

So I have to pm Birkal or bummer and post my most recent art, my best art, a bit about myself and some other pictures. Or do I post it in some thread somewhere?

sandshrewz

POTATO
So I have to pm Birkal or bummer and post my most recent art, my best art, a bit about myself and some other pictures. Or do I post it in some thread somewhere?
Birkal said:
  • Post your most recent work. Specifically, give me the date of when you drew it. I want to know how actively you are drawing as an artist.
  • Post your "best" work of art. Which piece you choose is completely up to you.
  • Post some general information about you, if you could. I'd like to get to know each of you, so it'd be nice to know what kinds of things you're interested in.
  • Post any other artwork or information that you'd like. Feel free to "drown" me in your artwork if you like. Only two pieces are required (the first two I listed), but you are allowed to send more if you like. Make sure you send at least one (1) picture of a Pokemon.
Post those things in bullet point in a new thread in Article Approvals forum. ~

Hi, I'm new to Smogon so I don't really know if it's the right place to post this.
So, I just noticed that the links in the 27th issue of the Smog was broken.

For example, after clicking on 'Note from the editor' we are redirected to http://smogon.com/smog/note_from_editor witch is a 404 page, whereas we should be redirected to http://smogon.com/smog/issue27/note_from_editor which is the correct address.
Most of the article's link are broken like this one in the 27th issue.
I didn't verify all articles and the new issue, but I think that this a issue that might be corrected.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)