Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - The Smog Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
There seems to be something funky going on with the crossword on the puzzle page, specifically 4 and 5 across. Are they meant to overlap? Because it doesn't seem to work.

Edit: The whole bottom right corner is really weird

Last edited:

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There seems to be something funky going on with the crossword on the puzzle page, specifically 4 and 5 across. Are they meant to overlap? Because it doesn't seem to work.

Indeed- the blank spaces for 5 and 6 across should be moved down one line.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

was told to tag Quarkz about this :x

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll take a quick look now but I might not be able to fix anything until much later.

I think I fixed it. My version matches up with Kit Kasai's so I hope it's right anyway. Thanks for pointing this out and helping guys.

RitterCat I need you to confirm that it is correct now. It was broken before so I figured there was no harm in merging the 'fix' anyway, just if there is anything else we need to be aware of, do let us know.

e: Actually, looking at people's answers, this is correct.

Hi, I think everyone has got it sorted already, but the corrections to the crossword are correct. I must have made some error while submitting it for upload. Thanks all for dealing with the issue swiftly :)

1. There might be an issue with the third port, still "investigating."

2. Is The Smog still open for writing appllications?

In the ports, it's possible for the first word to be many different ones (e. g. Assuming the Grass-type move is Stun Spore, the Ability could be Defeatist, Toxic Boost, Iron Fist, etc.). Is it possible for the first word to have many different answers?

In the ports, it's possible for the first word to be many different ones (e. g. Assuming the Grass-type move is Stun Spore, the Ability could be Defeatist, Toxic Boost, Iron Fist, etc.). Is it possible for the first word to have many different answers?
It's possible, I can't remember if this one did.

Yes, if you'd like to write something, post a thread in Article Approvals.
Should I post a full article there, or an application there?

I've noticed in the last couple of issues we haven't been having as many articles in the Entertainment page. Is there a reason? Not enough contributors? I would like to know, because I might write an article for it when I can think of a nice topic.

I've noticed in the last couple of issues we haven't been having as many articles in the Entertainment page. Is there a reason? Not enough contributors? I would like to know, because I might write an article for it when I can think of a nice topic.
Not enough contributors mainly, the smog puts out what the community wants to write, and there havent been many people writing entertainment articles lately. If you would like to give it a shot, go for it!

It seems all of the "Pokémon Models" pictures before issue #34 or so are broken (Example). Where can I report this?

Also, The Archive hasn't been updated yet (Writing it in big fucking letters because holy shit it's been over 2 months and nobody has updated it yet)

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It seems all of the "Pokémon Models" pictures before issue #34 or so are broken (Example). Where can I report this?

Also, The Archive hasn't been updated yet (Writing it in big fucking letters because holy shit it's been over 2 months and nobody has updated it yet)
It is not worth going through 34 issues changing all the image paths (iirc this is the issue). That won't be fixed, unfortunately.

We don't have to provide you with an archive, but we do and to the best of our ability we keep it updated. Sometimes though we might not update it for a bit because we have better things to do which OUR own time. We are volunteers, we don't get paid for this and we are under no legal obligation to do anything. Instead of being so arrogant and disrespectful perhaps you would update the archive you care so much about? Just PM the code to me when you are done and I'll merge it for you. You can find the template of it by viewing the source of the page.

It is not worth going through 34 issues changing all the image paths (iirc this is the issue). That won't be fixed, unfortunately.

We don't have to provide you with an archive, but we do and to the best of our ability we keep it updated. Sometimes though we might not update it for a bit because we have better things to do which OUR own time. We are volunteers, we don't get paid for this and we are under no legal obligation to do anything. Instead of being so arrogant and disrespectful perhaps you would update the archive you care so much about? Just PM the code to me when you are done and I'll merge it for you. You can find the template of it by viewing the source of the page.
But… I asked Toast if I could do it myself, but he never replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)