Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - UU Edition

Forgive me if this has been anwsered before, I have been unable to find it.

What is UU Suspect Test? How does it defer from the standard UU metagame?

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
Forgive me if this has been anwsered before, I have been unable to find it.

What is UU Suspect Test? How does it defer from the standard UU metagame?
A Suspect Test is what we do to decide whether or not a pokemon needs to be banned. Right now there is a "UU Suspect Test" ladder, and in a few days a regular UU ladder will be up as well. Froslass is the pokemon being suspected, so on the "UU Suspect Test" ladder, Froslass is banned, while on the regular UU ladder it isn't. People who achieve a high enough rating on both ladders get to vote on whether or not Froslass gets banned.

I had a question... I had an idea to use frost breath from a Abomasnow on a Krookodile with the ability Anger Point to raise its attack stat 6 stages in a double battle because frost breath has an 100% Critical hit ratio... Would this work well? Or would this be kind of a stupid idea?

Out of curiosity, why Mew hasn't an UU analysis on website? Otherwise he has got one for OU and another one for Uber.
Ace Emerald is currently in the process of writing one up. It can be found in the underused section of C&C

I had a question... I had an idea to use frost breath from a Abomasnow on a Krookodile with the ability Anger Point to raise its attack stat 6 stages in a double battle because frost breath has an 100% Critical hit ratio... Would this work well? Or would this be kind of a stupid idea?
Assuming you use even 0 SpA EVs and a neutral nature, Abomasnow is still doing a lot to Krookodile. Here's a calculation:

0 SpA Abomasnow vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Krookodile on a critical hit: 218-258 (65.86 - 77.94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That said, no, it's probably not a good idea to use Frost Breath to push Krookodile's attack to maximum, as with less than half its HP remaining, it becomes vulnerable to faster Pokemon, such as Choice Scarf Raikou, Mienshao, or Darmanitan. Priority moves would also be a death sentence for Krookodile.

Last edited:
I'm curious has anyone here explored the capabilities of unaware clefable? It seems like a great option when stocked with cosmic power, heal bell, S Toss, wish.

If you get rid of all clefables checks or you get status on the things that will give her issues I'm sure this could make for one hell of a wall.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm curious has anyone here explored the capabilities of unaware clefable? It seems like a great option when stocked with cosmic power, heal bell, S Toss, wish.

If you get rid of all clefables checks or you get status on the things that will give her issues I'm sure this could make for one hell of a wall.
Clefable suffers from the problem of being too weak and not quite bulky enough to be UU. There really is very little it can safely switch in on.

This is probably a dumb question but since I'm relatively new to competitive battling and generally play OU only, who is being tested in the uu suspect test right now?

Clefable suffers from the problem of being too weak and not quite bulky enough to be UU. There really is very little it can safely switch in on.
Also I don't think that 95/73/90 is bad bulk at all add a little cosmic power in the mix and then sprinkle on the fact that you have guaranteed healing and the ability to rid itself of status, I think you'd have something solid.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Staraptor has a ridiculous amount of power, which makes it so that very few things can break through it. Staraptor's speed tier isn't too terrible by UU standards either, which means it outspeeds a lot of the meta, and its power means it could literally break the entire UU tier in half. Flying STAB is also insanely good in the UU metagame and only things like Bronzong and Rhyperior help against it. For a testament to Staraptor's power, here are some calcs:

252 Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 204-240 (54.54 - 64.17%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 133-157 (46.83 - 55.28%) -- 69.53% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 260-306 (71.42 - 84.06%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Right here, you have yourself a true depiction of complete broken power. Even Dusclops, one of the most physically bulky Pokemon around, cannot hope to completely avoid getting 2HKO'd by Staraptor; and that's a guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, which is commonly on the field, per se. Porygon2 is also known for being pretty bulky and it gets 2HKO'd pretty handily with good defensive investment. And as I said, Flying has very good coverage in UU, and even resists like Raikou and Zapdos get hit pretty hard, while Zapdos cannot endure CB Returns. Scarf and LO are also possibilities. Staraptor's insane power and excellent coverage simply made it a broken as hell force in UU.

What made Staraptor broken in UU?
It's ability Reckless. There wasn't much that could stand up to the combination of Brave Bird, Double Edge, and Close Combat. Factor in its high Attack and Speed stats, and Staraptor was just too much for the tier to handle. I believe that Impish Rhyperior was a thing because of Staraptor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)