Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where to find a damage calculator, let alone a 4th gen one.

Maybe Rash?
Edit: Nah, it's SDef is pretty important for switching in on stuff like Psychic and Dark Pulse.

anyone know the GTS cloning glitch? I didnt want to go find my last post and quote it.

Also, is there any good 4th damage calculator that lets you type in the attack's power, instead of the name? I want to be able to figure out stuff like Explosion (with its new "500 power" thing), Adaptability PorygonZ's Hyper Beam, etc. which I cant do with the calc. I have now

Metalkid has a damage calc. Or just use the Netbattle one and input the defence/attack manually. You just need to pick a defending Pokemon with a similar HP stat to the one you want.

Metalkid has a damage calc. Or just use the Netbattle one and input the defence/attack manually. You just need to pick a defending Pokemon with a similar HP stat to the one you want.
Thank you very much, but this calc doesn't seem to have the Adamant Orb. I know that it provides a 1.5 boost to all Dragon and Steel type moves for Dialga, so if I wanted to figure out the amount of damage a Steel type move to do, would I input that Dialga had a +1 modifier to SAtk or Atk and it would be holding an item that didn't affect a stat (like Lefties)? Once again, thanks for providing me with this calculator.

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
anyone know the GTS cloning glitch? I didnt want to go find my last post and quote it.

Also, is there any good 4th damage calculator that lets you type in the attack's power, instead of the name? I want to be able to figure out stuff like Explosion (with its new "500 power" thing), Adaptability PorygonZ's Hyper Beam, etc. which I cant do with the calc. I have now
(((((2 + (Level × 2 ÷ 5)) × BasePower × [Sp]Atk) ÷ [Sp]Def) ÷ 50) + 2) × CH × (rand(85,100) / 100) × STAB × Type1Effectiveness × Type2Effectiveness

You can get the boosts for traits like Adaptability (which is 1.5x) in the various research and information topics.

What do you think of my Sneasel's IVs? Should I continue breeding or is HP and Defense not important anyways?

HP: 3
Attack: 31
Defense: 4
Sp. Attack: 4
Sp. Defense: 31
Speed: 31

I'd be really relived to end breeding soon, but I'm a little disappointed with the HP and Defense stats.

It would be nice if you would rebreed it, but that weavile could work as is. That's already great, so it depends if you want to settle for great or go for awesome.

(((((2 + (Level × 2 ÷ 5)) × BasePower × [Sp]Atk) ÷ [Sp]Def) ÷ 50) + 2) × CH × (rand(85,100) / 100) × STAB × Type1Effectiveness × Type2Effectiveness
What is "CH x (rand(85,100)"? My first guess tells me CH is Critical Hit, but I don't get it. I got the rest of it, but I need to know what that part is

Thanks, btw

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What is "CH x (rand(85,100)"? My first guess tells me CH is Critical Hit, but I don't get it. I got the rest of it, but I need to know what that part is

Thanks, btw
CH is the Critical Hit boost. 2x for a normal CH, 4x for a CH with Sniper.

The rand(85, 100) part is a random rolling for a number between 85 and 100, inclusive. If you roll 85, that results in the minimum damage possible, and 100 is of course the maximum.

CH is critical hit, (rand(85,100) / 100) is a random variable that affects the amount of damage you do.
Also, I really thought the variable was 80-100, not 85-100. Did they change it this gen?

So, Adaptability PorygonZ would do a minimum of 860.7 to minHP/minSpDef Blissey? Or is that with the CH, meaning that it does about 430 damage without the CH?

Is it worth using moves like Screech and Metal Sound to force switches on a team that has Stealth Rock, but not Spikes? If it makes a difference, a Sandstorm will be going to.

I ask because I have a nice Roost/U-Turn/Screech/Earthquake Flygon just ready to join a Sandstream team, but I don't know if the Screech slot is wasted when there won't be Spikes down.

I have a quick question regarding a Spiritomb. I saw a set that interested me in one of the discussion topics...

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
Bold
Pressure
-Torment
-Spite
-Pain Split
-Rest

Basically, pure staller that runs the opponent out of PP, however, I think Torment is a typo... Shouldn't I go for Taunt instead on that particular Spiritomb to force attacks for Spite? Just wondering if there's any reason to use Torment, because I don't want to waste TMs.

Just got into IV breeding so I need to know if what I'm doing is right.

1. Breed for EGG attack movesets

2. Breed with Ditto with 31 IV in stat: 1 (example: HP) until I get a 31 HP IV baby.

3. Breed baby from step two with a 31 IV Ditto in stat: 2 (example:Attack) until I get 31 HP and Attack in one.

(Is that right that I breed it with a Ditto again to get the IV or do I have to do step #2 twice until I get a baby with 31 IV in one stat and the other baby with 31 in the other and then breed those two.

Sorry if that sounds confusing.

Bascialy is it:

Dragonite (w/ outrage) --------w/---------Gible
Ditto (31 IV HP) ---------------w/ --------Gible (has Outrage)

until... Baby Gible (with Outrage) 31 IV HP

Ditto (31 IV Attack) -----------w/------Gible (has Outrage and 31 HP IV)

until... Baby Gible (with Outrage) 31 IV HP and 31 IV Attack

OR IS IT THIS WAY

Dragonite (w/ outrage) --------w/---------Gible
Ditto (31 IV HP) ---------------w/ --------Gible (has Outrage)

until...get male/female 31 IV HP Gible

Ditto (31 IV Attack)---------w/-----Gible(just outrage NOT 31 IV HP one)

until... Male/Female(opposite of above) - with 31 IV attack

Gible (31 IV HP) -----------w/-----------Gible (31 IV Attack)

...until I get baby Gible with 31 IV HP and Attack

Im not sure about that Spiritomb, but the best one ive seen is

Spiritomb
Impish/Careful Nature

Taunt
Sucker Punch
Hypnosis
Pain Split

Taunt+Sucker Punch FTW. Hypnosis to force switches if you like that sorta thing, and Pain Split is effectively a Recover on something with 50 Base HP

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@Raikou77: Generally, these numbers are rounded down. It'll be 98.

@Treedweller: For one thing, your opponent could keep switching out. Or they could start using stat boosters in preparation for a sweep. It's not that effective, plus there are far too many ways to counter or take advantage of that set.

@Uncle Kunkel: Either way will work. However, you may want to breed said Gible with something that has more than one 31 IV - this will help get you good Pokemon more quickly. Now would be a good time to start keeping a catalog of your various Pokemon and the IVs you have to help you keep track of who can help in such a breeding chain.

I really like that Spiritomb, but the thing is, I have everything but that Taunt\Torment move already set in stone because I'm planning on creating some kind of annoying stall team, or using my Spiritomb in the last slot as a finisher for the opponent's final attacker... =/

EDIT: yes, but it's primarily intended as a fun annoyer set when the opponent is down to one poke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)