Ask the Admins #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
now with a better host

Have a question you've always been burning to ask the Smogon site administration? Here's your chance! For each issue of The Smog, the Smogon admins will comb this this thread, select the very best questions, and write up answers to be published in the webzine. Your questions may cover any topic you like, but remember, not every question will be selected.

I hope you all take this chance to get in touch with us; we want to hear from you
<LadySalamence> If I contacted the administrators and got their support, would you consider letting me restart the Ask the Admins smog article series?
<Bummer> I suppose
<Bummer> would the questions only come from you or would you collect some from various users
<LadySalamence> There'd be a thread in The Smog's public forum for free asking. I'd pick questions and forward them to the admins, and they'd answer.
<LadySalamence> It'd get put into article format by myself/HTML.
<Bummer> If you could have three or more admins answer them, it'd be nice
<Bummer> two or fewer feels somewhat lackluster
<Bummer> since a variety of perspective is nice
<Bummer> not that all admins answer all questions, but you know
<LadySalamence> Right, yeah.
Mekkah:
<LadySalamence> hey Mekkah, would you be interested in participating in Ask The Admins, if and when i revive it?
<Mekkah> only if there's good questions that i'm fit to answer
<LadySalamence> ill try to pick questions for you
<LadySalamence> but im limited by what is asked
<Mekkah> ofc
Haunter:
<LadySalamence> hey haunter, would you be interested in participating in Ask The Admins, if and when i revive it?
<Haunter> hi
<Haunter> what is that?
<LadySalamence> a thread is posted in The Smog's forum. users can ask whatever they wish directed to the administrators, and then the article organizer picks certain questions and gives them to the admins. when the admins answer, it's formatted into a Smog article
<Haunter> oh of course
ibojangles
<LadySalamence> hey ibo, would you be interested in participating in Ask The Admins, if and when i revive it?
<ibojangles> sure
Bloo
<ladysalaway> hey bloo, would you be interested in participating in Ask The Admins, if and when i revive it?
<Deidara> sure, depends on the when though
<ladysalaway> i'd put questions in a pm convo and you can choose what you'd want to answer
Joim
<LadySalamence> hey joim, im in the process of seeing if i can revive Ask The Admins - would you be interested
<Joim> What's that? xD
<LadySalamence> http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ask-the-admins-7.66362/
<LadySalamence> i will pick questions from the thread i feel worth answering and forward it to you guys
<LadySalamence> and you can answer
<LadySalamence> itll be formatted into a Smog Article
<LadySalamence> so....is that a yes?
<Joim> yes, sure
<Joim> I'm in
(yes, some fluff/explanation/other chitchat was cut out of those logs)

I might contact more admins in the near future, but 5 should be plenty.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think it works best when the Admins choose the questions they want to answer directly from the thread.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It seems that you have enough to start the thread where users can post their questions. How you choose to develop the article from those entries is something you can discuss with the involved admins. So, in a sense, this is now approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)