EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpA / 240 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Electro Shot
- Body Press

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Archaludon's access to Stamina and Electro Shot allow it to snowball out of control, and leverage its high base stats and great typing to win games
  • Already a strong mon with high base stats and a great typing, Archaludon aims to trigger Stamina by absorbing Physical attacks and boost its Special Attack through Electro Shot to turn into an unstoppable threat. Since it has no way to boost its Special Defense in game, Archaludon invests heavily in Special Defense and carries an Assault Vest.
  • 16 Special Attack evs allows Archaludon to OHKO a 252 hp positive Special Defense nature Diancie without a boost
  • Body Press allows Archaludon to use its boosted Defense stat offensively
  • Flash Cannon gives Archaludon a reliable move to use when it doesn't have any Defense boosts, rain is not up, and the opponent has a Fairy type, such as Diancie or Ninetales-Alola
  • Dragon Pulse can be used in more situations than Draco Meteor because it doesn't weaken Archaludon, but has less immediate power. For example, +1 Draco Meteor allows Archaludon to OHKO Landorus-I.
  • Archaludon teams want to hold off on Terastallizating early, as Archaludon becomes easier to offensively check if it is forced into one type. Tera Flying gives Archaludon a resistance and immunity respectively to Fighting and Ground-Type moves, from popular pokemon such as Landorus, Ursaluna, and Iron Hands at the cost of making it vulnerable to other popular Pokemon such as Chien Pao, Glimmora, and Raging Bolt. Tera Grass gives Archaludon a ground resistance and an immunity to Spore and Rage Powder. Tera Fairy gives Archaludon a resistance to Fighting-type moves and synergizes with Archaludon's base typing as both of Fairy-type's weaknesses are resisted by the Steel-type.
  • Archaludon can be passive without stat boosts, so it wants rain up and to be brought in on a physical attack for a free attack boost
  • Archaludon requires a rain setter to use Electro Shot, Tornadus and Pelipper are preferred as they also provide their teams with Tailwind and a Ground immunity. Due to its middling speed stat Archaludon rarely moves first, so it enjoys the speed control provided by Tailwind
  • The biggest threat to Archaludon is Landorus-I, so it appreciates having teammates with good matchups into Landorus such as Ogerpon-Wellspring and Rillaboom

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/lemurro.554572/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user2.102/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user3.103/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user4.104/

Attachments

Last edited:

RodentTamer

Banned deucer.
Hi. add comment remove highlight/mention
Raid Boss Arch (Archaludon) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Flying / Grass / Fairy
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Electro Shot
- Body Press
  • Archaludon's access to the Stamina and Electro Shot allow it to snowball out of control, and leverage its high base stats and great typing to win games
  • Already a strong mon with high base stats and a great typing, Archaludon aims to trigger Stamina by absorbing Physical attacks and boost its Special Attack through Electro Shot to turn into an unstoppable threat. Since it has no way to boost its Special Defense in game, Archaludon invests heavily in Special Defense and carries an Assault Vest.
  • 16 Special Attack evs allows Archaludon to OHKO a 252 hp positive Special Defense nature Diancie without a boost
  • Body Press allows Archaludon to use its boosted Defense stat offensively (mention what it hits)
  • Flash Cannon gives Archaludon a reliable move to use when it doesn't have any Defense boosts, rain is not up, and the opponent has a Fairy type, such as Diancie or Sylveon (While this IS true, i’m afraid there are better pokemon you can mention that hate Flash Cannon, like Glimmora and Alolan Ninetales over Sylveon.
  • Draco Meteor gives Archaludon more immediate power, Dragon Pulse can be used in more situations because it doesn't weaken Archaludon (Here, you should mention how Draco Meteor can OHKO Dragonite after it gets chipped by a teammate, wether it’s by Rocks/Spikes or Status.)
  • Tera Flying gives Archaludon a resistance and immunity respectively to Fighting and Ground-Type moves, from popular pokemon such as Landorus, Ursaluna, and Iron Hands at the cost of making it vulnerable to other popular Pokemon such as Chien Pao, Glimmora, and Raging Bolt. Tera Grass gives Archaludon a ground resistance and an immunity to Spore and Leech Seed. (Don’t forget that Leech Seed is another big issue for Archaludon too.)Tera Fairy gives Archaludon a resistance to Fighting-type moves,as well as immunity to Dragon-type moves from Raging Bolt and Kyurem, and synergizes with Archaludon's base typing as both of Fairy-type's weaknesses are resisted by the Steel-type.
  • Archaludon can be passive without stat boosts, so it wants rain up when you bring it in and to bring it in on a physical attack for a free attack boost (this sentence imo seems very filler. You should try and mention only how it can come in on physical attacks to boost its Stamina.)
  • Archaludon teams want to hold off on Terastallizating early, as Archaludon becomes easier to offensively check if it is forced into one type (Merge this into your point with the different Tera Options that Archaludon has)
  • Archaludon requires a rain setter to use Electro Shot, Tornadus and Pelipper are preferred as they also provide their teams with Tailwind and a Ground immunity. Due to its middling speed stat Archaludon rarely moves first, so it enjoys the speed control provided by Tailwind (Feel free to also mention what potential threats that Electro Shot hits, like Toxapex, Alomomola, or even Urshifu-R)
  • The biggest threat to Archaludon is Landorus-I, so it appreciates having teammates with good matchups into Landorus such as Ogerpon-W Wellspring, Chien-Pao, and Rillaboom. (Also mention how potentential teammates like Gholdengo and Tornadus-I can come in and take care of its Fighting-type problem, while mentioning how Archaludon can handle a bunch of their checks in return.)

bagel

formerly bage1
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris the defending DOU Circuit Champion
Doubles Leader
Raid Boss Arch (Archaludon) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Flying / Grass / Fairy
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Electro Shot
- Body Press

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Archaludon's access to Stamina and Electro Shot allow it to snowball out of control, and leverage its high base stats and great typing to win games. Make sure its clear Electro Shot needs rain.
  • Already a strong mon with high base stats and a great typing, Archaludon aims to trigger Stamina by absorbing Physical attacks and boost its Special Attack through Electro Shot to turn into an unstoppable threat. Since it has no way to boost its Special Defense in game, Archaludon invests heavily in Special Defense and carries an Assault Vest. You can combine some of these first 2 bullet points that feel a bit redundant such as as the double mention of Stamina and Electro shot. I would make a new bullet point when discussing the Assault Vest a reword the sentence a bit. "Archaludon invests heavily in Special Defense and uses the Assualt Vest in order to patch up its naturally weak Special Defense stat. An example of a hit Arch lives with AV would be nice as well.
  • 16 Special Attack evs allows Archaludon to OHKO a 252 hp HP positive Special Defense nature Diancie with a Special Defense boosting Nature. without a boost Not 100% sure on the correct wording here but this flows a bit better (and gp will sort it out later). This bullet point could also be combined with the bullet discussing Arch's Special Defense investment.
  • Body Press allows Archaludon to use its boosted Defense stat offensively. I'd mention how this gives Arch another dynamic offensively as well as mention specific targets it helps with like vs Kingambit or in the mirror.
  • Flash Cannon gives Archaludon a reliable move to use when it doesn't have any Defense boosts, rain is not up, and the opponent has a Fairy type, such as Diancie or Ninetales-Alola
  • Dragon Pulse can be used in more situations than Draco Meteor because it doesn't weaken Archaludon, offers consistent damage but has less immediate power than Draco Meteor. For example, +1 Draco Meteor allows Archaludon to OHKO Landorus-I. Could mention how Draco Meteor is synergystic with Electro Shot as the boosts can often offset Draco Meteor SpA drop. I would combine all of the moves into one bullet point and move Body Press to the end. You also touch on Electro Shot at the start but not here which is probably fine, just make sure its clear all the moves are discussed.
  • Archaludon teams want to hold off on Terastallizating early, as Archaludon can becomes easier to offensively check if it is forced into one type. Tera Flying gives Archaludon a resistance to Fighting-type moves and an immunity respectively to Fighting and to Ground-Type moves, from flipping the matchup against popular pokemon such as Landorus, Ursaluna, and Iron Hands at the cost of making it vulnerable to other popular Pokemon such as Chien Pao, Glimmora, and Raging Bolt. Tera Grass gives Archaludon a ground resistance and an immunity to Spore and Rage Powder. Tera Fairy gives Archaludon a resistance to Fighting-type moves and synergizes with Archaludon's base typing as both of Fairy-type's weaknesses are resisted by the Steel-type.
  • Archaludon can be passive without stat boosts, so it wants rain set to allow for Electro Shot boosts. up and to be brought in on a physical attack for a free attack boost I would mention explicitly that non-STAB Body Press is weak and needs boosts to be threatening. "Switching Archaludon into weak or resisted attacks such as U-Turn or Grassy Glide is a common way to start boosting Archaludon's defense." Is how I would phrase the line about getting the free boosts.
  • Archaludon requires a rain setter to use Electro Shot, You discuss Electro shot above. Tornadus and Pelipper are the preferred rain setters for Archaludon as they also provide their teams with Tailwind and a Ground immunity. Due to its middling speed stat Archaludon rarely moves first, so it enjoys the speed control provided by Tailwind.
  • The biggest threat to Archaludon is Landorus-I, so it appreciates having teammates with good matchups into Landorus such as Ogerpon-Wellspring and Rillaboom. I think Chien Pao would be a better example here as Rillaboom has pretty even matchup into Lando-I imo. Also I think mentioning Amoonguss as a good partner makes sense as it can redirect Fighting attacks and provide healing which Arch loves because it doesn't have any healing on its own.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/lemurro.554572/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user2.102/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user3.103/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user4.104/
1/2 good job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)