Assault Vest (title pending)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, I'd like to write an article on the new item, Assault Vest, and it's effect on some Pokemon and the OU metagame. I'm thinking of talking about the following Pokemon (not in any specific order):

Snorlax
Excadrill
Goodra
Scizor
Tyranitar

These guys make great use of Assault Vest for reasons I'll explain in the article.

Thanks for considering! :D

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Will there be other mons not within the OU tier mentioned? I'm no metagame wiz, but when I gloss over the Sp.Def list I see numerous mons that could have potential using it, such as Mantine, Togekiss, Escavalier, Cryogonal, and so forth. I'll approve this article either way, I'm just curious.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Will there be other mons not within the OU tier mentioned? I'm no metagame wiz, but when I gloss over the Sp.Def list I see numerous mons that could have potential using it, such as Mantine, Togekiss, Escavalier, Cryogonal, and so forth. I'll approve this article either way, I'm just curious.
Assault Vest doesn't allow the use of status moves (Recover, Toxic, Rest, Trick Room, etc), so you can't really slap it on everything that looks like it'll work well with. There are only really a few select Pokemon that can use the Assault Vest well in OU actually (Fuzznip's list has the top five main users). Some others like Metagross (and possibly Hydreigon? I see a few posts about it) exist, but aren't exactly top-tier threats atm. Possible Assault Vest Pokemon that aren't really "OU" should wait until the lower tiers are formed so we can really see if they have potential to be used (and then they can have their own articles and stuff!).

edit: could add Rotom-W here maybe, seeing how it has the set and is always a good Pokemon to use!

edit: "Assault Vest Tyranitar" (searching assault vest) almost completely populates the search function of 6th gen C&C lmao.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm aware of its second function, hence why I mentioned mons who also have an offensive presence, although the lack of recovery/support moves can certainly make things difficult for them.

Well I could do a special mentions section for non-OU Pokemon. These might include:

Slowking/Slowbro
Rhyperior
Amoonguss
Escavalier

But it's unlikely that these will be viable in the OU metagame, so I'm basically just suggesting Assault Vest users in OU. I think I'm going to add Amoonguss and Slowking to the list, though, because of Regenerator for each and Foul Play and Dragon Tail, respectively. These are nice traits.

Edit: Rotom-W will always want Leftovers because it needs to run Will-O-Wisp and continue to be a reliable check to the many threats in OU, specifically Talonflame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)