SV OU Aurora Veil HO feat. Loaded Dice Lapras (Peak 1822 - #123) - Blunder Approved

Should Kingambit be banned?

• Total voters
(Listen to this while playing to ensure victory)

Introduction:

Wassup my fellow members of the agency, and to anyone else reading this I apologize for what your eyes are about to witness. Anyways, I challenged myself after Mr. Arch got banned (good job guys) to get any virtually unused Pokémon into the top 500, which I obviously succeeded in, however what I didn’t expect was for me to break into the top 300. Like damn, this game really is for babies lmao. Anyways, without further ado, let’s get into the squad.

Pokepaste:

:ninetales_alola::lapras::roaring_moon::kingambit::volcarona::great_tusk:
https://pokepast.es/654e027fc0a7a5a6

Proof of Peak:

IMG_4304.jpeg

The Team:

IMG_4293.png

Lapras (F) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Dragon Dance
- Liquidation
- Earthquake

Let’s just get straight to the shitmon. I was intrigued with using aurora veil since it allows for practically any set up Mon to be somewhat threatening, especially if said set up Mon gets the snow defense boost. This is where we enter my hood rat :lapras:. Since the team needed a water type as well as another water resist, I chose Lapras since it got both dd and quake this generation, something something use your favorites. The ONLY reason this Mon is even remotely usable or even ever worth considering over :kyurem: is the fact that it pulls off Tera ground better, since your immune to water moves thanks to Water Absorb, as well as getting STAB liquidation for those pesky air balloons, since they’re all almost weak to water apart from :gholdengo: and :kingambit:. Tera ground also makes you immune to electric which is sheist af since :raging_bolt: is everywhere with its thunderclappin and :slowking-galar: likes to run t wave as its source of status. Loaded Dice icicle spears can actually do lots of damage after like two dds, and is your mains tool for pulling off sweeps (if you don’t sack it turn one). The other main appeal this dude has over :kyurem: is its ability to wall basically any physical attacker apart from :rillaboom: with veil and snow up, as it only takes neutral damage from steel moves. EV spread ensures you outspeed :dragapult: after two dds while having as much defense and attack as possible, adamant nature over jolly cause without adamant nature this thing hits like a wet noodle that’s been frozen in Siberian permafrost for the past 20,000 years. All in all, although Lapras could be better, it could also be a hella lot worse and got some neat buffs this generation, keep it up GameFreak.

CALCULATIONS WITH :LAPRAS:

+2 252+ Atk Lapras Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 16 Def Slowking-Galar: 422-498 (107.1 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Tera Ground Lapras Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kingambit: 344-408 (100.8 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Grass Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Lapras in Snow with an ally's Aurora Veil: 194-230 (48.3 - 57.3%) -- 46.5% chance to 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

252+ Atk Black Glasses Supreme Overlord 1 ally fainted Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Lapras in Snow with an ally's Aurora Veil: 80-94 (19.9 - 23.4%) -- possible 5HKO

252 Atk Iron Valiant Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Lapras in Snow with an ally's Aurora Veil: 151-178 (37.6 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

IMG_4295.png

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Snowscape
- Moonblast

Just the standard :ninetales-alola: set for maximum aurora veil spammage. I found that I was only using freeze-dry for :pelipper:, which eventually led me to the conclusion of “wait a minute, can I just run Snowscape to f with :pelipper: and :torkoal: at the same time?” And so I did, basically allowing it so you have a severe advantage against opposing weather teams if your smart with your Snowscape usage. Moonblast is an all around good spammable fairy move to have in a pinch, and encore lets you thwart and take advantage of any obvious set up sweepers, mainly :volcarona: and :iron_valiant: with a booster energy.

IMG_4297.png

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Taunt

The main stall breaker and dragon of the team, :roaring_moon: can lay the hurt on most stall teams and balance teams with correct positioning. Taunt is the main way of accomplishing this, as with tera flying you not only boost the power of Acrobatics, but also set up on normal checks like :skarmory:, :corviknight:, :ting_lu:, and :clodsire: that don’t run they absolutely heat Poison Sting set. Knock Off is the dark STAB of choice for big damage and to get rid of those pesky Rocky Helmets from physical walls.
IMG_4296.png

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Tera Blast
- Morning Sun

The team needed a speed boosting special attacker that could sustain itself and take opposing special hits, and Volcarona fit the bill perfectly. Not only that, but with Tera dragon, you can absolutely demolish any weather team that isn’t run by :tyranitar: with ease. Tera Blast helps deal with fire resists, and Fiery Dance is nice as a fire STAB for maximizing aurora veil turns by potentially getting a special attack boost while on the offensive. Although Morning Sun seems bad since this is an Aurora Veil team, without an Icy Rock snow usually doesn’t last too long anyway and didn’t impact the longevity providing impact Morning Sun can have. Despite having hazed removal, Heavy Duty Boots is still the item of choice as :great_tusk: is not always able to pull off a successful Rapid Spin with the omnipresence of :gholdengo: in OU for some sadistic reason. This thing has one me an uncountable amount of games and I would highly recommend using this set if you consider adding Volcarona to any team, especially with :Heatran: usage being on the decline right now.
IMG_4298.png

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

The squad needed a form of hazard removal as well as an electric immunity and fighting type because the tier is currently under the dictatorship of :kingambit:, and no other mon fits this role apart from the top g :great_tusk:. Since this is HO, :great_tusk: needed to run a set up set, which is why I chose the standard bulk up sweeper with speed booster energy. Rapid Spin is for hazard removal as well as for predicting and eliminating faster choice scarf mons like :enamorus: and potentially :walking_wake: after enough Bulk Up spam. Tera poison and Ice Spinner is used to turn :rillaboom: and :gliscor: into set up fodder as well as removing any unwanted terrain. That, and Ice Spinner is just overall good coverage for threats like :ogerpon-wellspring: and :gholdengo: with an air balloon and the entirety of the smogon OU council backing him up.

IMG_4292.png

Kingambit @ Air Balloon
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head

Do I even need to explain this one. It’s :kingambit:. Everyone knows what this dude does. Iron Head is good for :clefable: and :hatterene:, and it has an air balloon since the squad doesn’t have any ground immunities outside of popping a Tera. Sucker Punch for priorty and Kowtow Kleave for big damage and mind games. Swords Dance cause this is an HO team. Tera Dark for ground neutrality and extra damage. I’m sorry but is there like a default description people can use for :kingambit: since this Mon is like everywhere? If you’re going to keep it here you might as well make it as painless as possible for the rest of us.

Replays:

:lapras: sweep against Sun: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071242506

against :glimmora: Hyper Offense:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2070849515?p2

:lapras: sweep against Offense:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071172540

against Hazard Stack Balance:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071079682

Conclusion:

Wow, you actually made it this far? I’m genuinely impressed considering how god awful :lapras: is. Alright, in that case, I’ll let you in on a little secret to make :lapras: OP, but you can’t tell anyone, okay? If you import the following code into the :lapras: paste in the teambuilder, it will receive a massive buff. Try it out:

Kyurem @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Scale Shot
- Dragon Dance
- Tera Blast

Oh by the way, if you don’t mind, PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT ON THIS POST TO MAKE SURE BLUNDER USES THIS, I want to see him sack :Lapras: multiple times on video to ensure the :roaring_moon: sweep. Thank you and goodnight tri-state area.

Last edited:
Hi good evening from oce timezone i brought your team out for a spin, tbh the only team i took the time to build this generation has 4 of your exact same mons and i got roughly top 100 with it approx on weirdo faye so i thought id just leave my thoughts.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071724939
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071729022
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071730891
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071732850?p2 (I lost this 1)

For whatever reason, every monkey seems to think i will lead ninetails ( i never actually lead with it any of these games) so maybe u can use their to your advantage to pick a lead thats best vs their team.

Reflecting on the game i lost,

- idk maybe the ev spread can be tweaked a bit to ensure 1hko on defensive pelipper with +2 dragon im pretty sure this cost me the game

- Also, i think you want eq on roaringmoon, trust me im a huge fan of taunt but i think your team realistically isnt going to beat really fat teams u need hazards + knock and taunt from moon and u dont have hazards. Its kinda eh when u have 3 food destroyed by eq and ur not packing it, see below ss

-i also think the air balloon on kingambit hasnt been that useful i personally never used an air balloon on my own gambit and the team i have like i said has 4 of your exact mons and i dont have a ground resist either i dont think it matters as much with ho stick with black glasses and try jolly with ho teams like these sometimes it can boil down to ur last being kingambit vs something like a skarm/corv jolly works wonders.

1709383044506.png

Volcarona has Terastallized into the Dragon-type!
Volcarona used Tera Blast!
(The opposing Pelipper lost 96% of its health!)

Cool team though

Lastly, whoever this is, i know he will be here considering he was using that rmted team

1709383618092.png
1709383636987.png

Ty for letting me know ppl on showdown are still despicable as ever even after all these years, u mad? U dont flame the flamer aka me

Hi good evening from oce timezone i brought your team out for a spin, tbh the only team i took the time to build this generation has 4 of your exact same mons and i got roughly top 100 with it approx on weirdo faye so i thought id just leave my thoughts.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071724939
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071729022
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071730891
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071732850?p2 (I lost this 1)

For whatever reason, every monkey seems to think i will lead ninetails ( i never actually lead with it any of these games) so maybe u can use their to your advantage to pick a lead thats best vs their team.

Reflecting on the game i lost,

- idk maybe the ev spread can be tweaked a bit to ensure 1hko on defensive pelipper with +2 dragon im pretty sure this cost me the game

- Also, i think you want eq on roaringmoon, trust me im a huge fan of taunt but i think your team realistically isnt going to beat really fat teams u need hazards + knock and taunt from moon and u dont have hazards. Its kinda eh when u have 3 food destroyed by eq and ur not packing it, see below ss

-i also think the air balloon on kingambit hasnt been that useful i personally never used an air balloon on my own gambit and the team i have like i said has 4 of your exact mons and i dont have a ground resist either i dont think it matters as much with ho stick with black glasses and try jolly with ho teams like these sometimes it can boil down to ur last being kingambit vs something like a skarm/corv jolly works wonders.

View attachment 610443
Volcarona has Terastallized into the Dragon-type!
Volcarona used Tera Blast!
(The opposing Pelipper lost 96% of its health!)

Cool team though

Lastly, whoever this is, i know he will be here considering he was using that rmted team

View attachment 610445View attachment 610446
Ty for letting me know ppl on showdown are still despicable as ever even after all these years, u mad? U dont flame the flamer aka me
Dude this is actually so helpful lmao, I always forfeit against stall anyways to save time so these changes are like really small but really good. I’ll be sure to make these edits ASAP, again thanks Man U a real one.

also happy u were able to pull off some more Lapras sweeps lmao, make sure people in the streets keep fearin his name.

Edit: So turns out after messin with the Evs you can’t guarantee an OHKO on Pelliper even if you invest your points from defense into special attack, so imma just keep the set unless you think min max is a better play after testing. I think overall tho the play is to just use another quiver dance rather then go for the kill, since at plus three u outspeed Barraskewda. New pokepaste is linked below.

https://pokepast.es/create

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)